• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
3,658
Points
1,060
Most stupid thing I heard today was all the shit coming out of the mouths of the mothers on those Tiara's and Toddlers shows. My mother inlaw was babysitting my two year old and watching that crap. I caught some of the conversations. Those shows are disgusting and the parents sound like morons.

Their all the same.
"My little girl loves competitions and getting her hair done and the ritz and blitz" mean while the children who are dressed up like britany spears are crying -shouting leave me alone and I wanna go home.
 

Rogo

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Grimaldus said:
Most stupid thing I heard today was all the crap coming out of the mouths of the mothers on those Tiara's and Toddlers shows. My mother inlaw was babysitting my two year old and watching that crap. I caught some of the conversations. Those shows are disgusting and the parents sound like morons.

Their all the same.
"My little girl loves competitions and getting her hair done and the ritz and blitz" mean while the children who are dressed up like britany spears are crying -shouting leave me alone and I wanna go home.

I've seen that show before.....albeit against my will.  It's probably the most awful thing on tv.  I feel your pain.
 

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
20
Points
430
Grimaldus said:
Most stupid thing I heard today was all the shit coming out of the mouths of the mothers on those Tiara's and Toddlers shows.
Flipping through the channels last night, I came across one of those shows.  I paused to stare, as though at a traffic accident scene.

Society has failed.  I blame Walmart


(Hey, you have to blame someone, right?)  :dunno:
 

OldSolduer

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
4,351
Points
1,110
Technoviking said:
Flipping through the channels last night, I came across one of those shows.  I paused to stare, as though at a traffic accident scene.

Society has failed.  I blame Walmart


(Hey, you have to blame someone, right?)  :dunno:

I blame politicians. The masses have to be entertained somehow and religion has lost its grip...

I refuse to watch nausea like this, including Jersey Shore...

 

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
3,658
Points
1,060
My wife watches that crap. Jersey Shore, Housewives of whatever, Kardasians.

Last night theres some girls working at "Dash" when one pulls the other into the back room of the store.
Can you keep a secret?
No really, can you keep a secret, like, don't tell anyone, okay?
I have....a bump....it might be an STD, don't tell anyone okay?
Meanwhile the camera is right in their face and of course airhead 2 is going to tell other people airhead 1's secret- drama ensues.

I hate cable.
 

OldSolduer

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
4,351
Points
1,110
Grimaldus said:
My wife watches that crap. Jersey Shore, Housewives of whatever, Kardasians.

I thought I had it bad with The Cake Boss - who once you watch it - he's pretty cool. I am not a regular watcher.

The Kardashians - trailer trash with money.
 

Pusser

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1
Points
430
Jim Seggie said:
The Kardashians - trailer trash with money.

And one of the reasons they have money is because people watch that trash.  I think they would make a better contribution to society if they posed for Playboy or other such fine publications...
 

OldSolduer

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
4,351
Points
1,110
Pusser said:
And one of the reasons they have money is because people watch that trash.  I think they would make a better contribution to society if they posed for Playboy or other such fine publications...

I agree with you on those points.

Maybe we could start our own "reality" show?
 

Pusser

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1
Points
430
Jim Seggie said:
Maybe we could start our own "reality" show?

"Hairy People* of the CF?"

*we wouldn't want to discriminate on the basis of gender! ;D
 

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1
Points
430
I cancel my cable the other month.. and I don't miss it at all.. Minus the hockey..
 
Reaction score
0
Points
60
OS- "Leading Seaman all these box lunches are bad they're going to expire today"
LS- "That's the day they were made"
OS- "Are you sure? these look kinda of gross"
LS- "That's what box's lunches look like"
 

Pusser

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1
Points
430
WEng said:
OS- "Leading Seaman all these box lunches are bad they're going to expire today"
LS- "That's the day they were made"
OS- "Are you sure? these look kinda of gross"
LS- "That's what box's lunches look like"
I always get a chuckle out of this topic.  Food does not have an "expiration" date.  It's a "best before" date.  "Best before" does not mean "toxic afterward."  A "best before" date assumes proper storage.  If something needs to be chilled, but isn't, it could well spoil before its "best before" date.  If you freeze some things, you can extend their use (although I would argue in some cases whether it's still "best").

Random Officer in Wardroom:  "This milk has expired.  The stewards should bring up some new stuff."

Wise and Experienced SYO:  "Is it chunky?  Does it smell or taste bad?"

Random Officer:  "No."

Wise SYO:  "Then it's OK to drink."

Random Officer:  "But it's past its expiration date.  We need some new milk up here!"

Wise SYO:  "It's not an "expiration date."  It's a "best before" date.  Furthermore, we've chilled it at a lower temperature* to extend its life.  The other think to keep in mind is that we've been at sea for two weeks.  We haven't re-supplied and all the milk on board was purchased at the same time, in the same place.  It all has the same "best before" date.  The milk in the dairy fridge is no fresher than that here in the Wardroom.  Unless there's a Mac's Milk barge nearby, that's what we've got.

Random Officer:  "But it's expired! :crybaby:

Wise SYO:  "Fine.  There's warm UHT in the cupboard."

*The life of fresh milk can be extended by chilling it to the point where ice crystals begin to form, but before it freezes.  Freezing it will keep it until thawed, but once thawed, it will go sour very quickly
 

The Bread Guy

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
2,320
Points
1,260
Pusser said:
Unless there's a Mac's Milk barge nearby, that's what we've got.
MMB Class - good one!

Pusser said:
Wise SYO:  "Fine.  There's warm UHT in the cupboard."
Mmmm, room temp milk in a big tetrabox....
 

alocin

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
60
Jim Seggie said:
I thought I had it bad with The Cake Boss - who once you watch it - he's pretty cool. I am not a regular watcher.

Once upon a time there were no TV shows about making cakes. And then all of the sudden.... cake shows. I don't get how that caught on.
 

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
452
Points
980
alocin said:
Once upon a time there were no TV shows about making cakes. And then all of the sudden.... cake shows. I don't get how that caught on.

And then there's http://www.cakewrecks.com/
 

gcclarke

Sr. Member
Reaction score
7
Points
230
I would say the dumbest thing I've read today would be a "retirement" message for a 2Lt with a couple weeks more than 2 years in.

That's not retiring from the armed forces. That's just quitting.
 
Top