• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whats the difference between AVOTP and LOTP ?

TheAngryCpl

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm just curious what the difference is between avotp and lotp. As I was talking to my bpso today about why I got a non offer and she said it was confusing on her end as she said I applied as lotp but got a non offer for avotp which I did not apply. So they will conduct a further investigation.

Its been a long time - but if I remember correctly:

AVOTP - Annual Voluntary Occupational Transfer Program - provides an opportunity for individuals to change occupations. Limited by the requirements of the loosing Occupation (trying to maintain the occupation's capabilities by not loosing too great a % of trained personal), the training capacity and the force level of the gaining occupation, amongst others.

LOTP - Land Occupation Transfer Program - designed/implemented in the late 70's / early 80's to provide an incentive to join the Cbt Arms occupations/to retain Cbt Arms pers who where looking for a career change (often by releasing). Similar limits to AVOTP, but originally meant to be a preferential OT program for Cbt Arms NCM to retain the military skills acquired in the Cbt Arms, and useful in Non-Cbt Arms occupations.

In my opinion, the management of the LOTP has been spotty from the beginning of the program, and has not been used or promoted appropriately.

BCOG

Before LOTP, the program was called LOTREP. Us Cbt Arms types used to sign for 3 years with the ability to apply for LOTREP after 2.5 years. Other trades signed for 5 years.

I'm just curious what the difference is between avotp and lotp. As I was talking to my bpso today about why I got a non offer and she said it was confusing on her end as she said I applied as lotp but got a non offer for avotp which I did not apply. So they will conduct a further investigation.
LOTP is for NCM OT applicants between 3 and max 6 years in only cbt arms MOSIDs. AVOTP is for all other NCMs OT applicants. I invite you to chat with your local PSO to know if there is an impact on the annual selection.

Back