• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the buzz? [April Fools 2021]

dapaterson

Army.ca Dinosaur
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Chrome on Android: getting a speaker icon popping up, and playback of some buzzing.

Which, perhaps, is a sign of the times...

Chrome on Android: getting a speaker icon popping up, and playback of some buzzing.

Not just Android. I'm getting that on Chrome on Mac as well.

I think it's related to the GoC's quest to "do better" and restore civility.. Every time I open a forum that contains an "F-bomb" it happens.

I thought I was going crazy earlier this morning - kept hearing that sound and was checking phones and other devices without success. Since seeing this and realizing I'm not the only one, I now know I'm not having auditory hallucinations. It seems to happen only when army.ca is open and happened on both android and MS platforms. I also opened Edge (using it for this) and the buzzing came up before I logged in or went into any forums. Has been silent for a while now.

added

Spoke too soon.

...and we are back to normal. Thanks for playing everyone! :)

For those who missed it, visiting Army.ca would play a buzzing sound after ~12 seconds. The hope was folks would be checking their phones for messages that were never there.

Evil, but I'm OK with it. :)

I cracked my screen trying to get it to stop....

Channelling Jesus Christ Superstar - "What's the buzz / Tell me what's happening..."

Shift-F5 or Ctrl-F5 depending on your browser, to force a fresh reload. You may have the old stuff cached.

Or... check your actual phone. ;)

Can't.....getting harder to see through the screen...

Back