• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What type of underwear would you recommend?

Not really cold enough yet, it is dropping to a frigid 18-20 deg at night so it won't be long. Heck, I'm bringing mine to work tonight!

Since it is loose fitting, there is little chance of adherence. there may be some flash over when the fuzz goes up but then you just get those little holes as it shrinks on itself.

GF

UA, I heard about that issue. I only wear that stuff within Canada anyways.. Including the t-shirts... Issue stuff doesn't hurt either. heck, it's free. Well you pay taxes... so meh..

Well for my contribution to this may I suggest CLEAN!!!!!!! >:D

RN PRN said:
Not really cold enough yet, it is dropping to a frigid 18-20 deg at night so it won't be long. Heck, I'm bringing mine to work tonight!

Since it is loose fitting, there is little chance of adherence. there may be some flash over when the fuzz goes up but then you just get those little holes as it shrinks on itself.

GF

I'd like to see something like this stuff hit the system... the airforce and navy have alreay learned the lesson...

http://massif.com/index.php

Clean underwear....hahahahaha who would of thought that. My lord..

TN2IC said:
UA, I heard about that issue. I only wear that stuff within Canada anyways.. Including the t-shirts... Issue stuff doesn't hurt either. heck, it's free. Well you pay taxes... so meh..

Not pick flyshite out of pepper...but me, I would be equally concerned about it anywheres.  Like...POL points.  Fueling in the field.  Anywhere were a fire "can" happen, that sort of thing.

I wear the issued stuff.  Except, I do wear a pair of biker shorts or the like on forces marches/BFT, stuff like that.  If I catch on fire then, its from the lard melting off my body.

;D

Okay Mud Man... I just do the sniff test on my t-shirts.... if they pass... I wear them. Case close.

TN2IC said:
Okay Mud Man... I just do the sniff test on my t-shirts.... if they pass... I wear them. Case close.
:-X

Is there a "day's worn" quota where you just wash 'em?  8)

TN2IC said:

All my shirts look so similar (go figure)  I think the sniff test is apt.  (Although,  I love smelling like fresh laundry - I use two dryer sheets because I can't wear colone)

I think I asked this before,  what is wrong with the issued stuff?

Zell_Dietrich said:
All my shirts look so similar (go figure)  I think the sniff test is apt.  (Although,  I love smelling like fresh laundry - I use two dryer sheets because I can't wear colone)
I think I asked this before,  what is wrong with the issued stuff?
.... if it's folded, it's clean....
Sniff test, to find least offensive pair of underwear is .... Ugh!.. reminds me of a fella on one of my field courses.... The whole platoon gave him a wash one day - using the stiff bristle scrub brushes we use on the floors.

WRT issue underwear - nothing wrong with it.... but some people think the grass is greener on the other side.  They like different texture, better wicking, etc..... do you have money to burn?

Lace trim?

- nope, they don't issue that sort of stuff around here
That's my position and I'm not budging.....

[quote auth
geo said:
Lace trim?

- nope, they don't issue that sort of stuff around here
That's my position and I'm not budging.....
Well thats it then, thats what makes our two great armies so different. I know without our lace trim undies the ADF would simple cease to function. Just ask Wes, they'r great for a cold Baghdad night. Dont forget our crothless Combats either, those things stop traffic!

I've always been a big fan of the C1A1 Thong, Rubber Black.  Wash and wear, prevents chafing, reduces overheating, light and compact.

(Ugh!.. Shiver!!!)

Crotchless combats?...... send pics!

Unfortunately i had to destroy my last pair...It was for the sake of the children.
Theres nothing like the sight of a section of crack SASR Troopers, slowly emerging through a thick fog, rifles at the ready, wearing nothing but crotchless combats and a smile. Sends a shiver through any man i reckon

Hale said:
Unfortunately i had to destroy my last pair...It was for the sake of the children.
Theres nothing like the sight of a section of crack SASR Troopers, slowly emerging through a thick fog, rifles at the ready, wearing nothing but crotchless combats and a smile. Sends a shiver through any man i reckon

I can just imagine the intimidation factor...ugh

a clean pair that  would make your mother proud lol

i remember a Pl leader on my basic telling us to line up and we were going to exchange underwear,  we had no clue what he wanted us to do or anything till he explained it
you passed your underwear to the guy on the left of you , he passed his to the guy on his left and so on, the last guy took his and gave them to them the first guy in line. Turn the underwear inside out and put them back on. that was the underwear exchange.
the Pl Leader was so serious looking when he explained and then he and the secion commanders had a  good laugh at us. Some almost thought he was serious lol

RN PRN said:
Natural fibers = good
synthetic = bad

Imagine you, on fire, covered with  burning plastic that is rapidly shrinking onto you and becoming one with your skin.
Now we have to get it off. This usually requires anesthetic/ analgesic and a scrub brush!

Perhaps too much detail for some but for others...don't do it!

Well, I have not been in the field yet (and probably won't be for another 5 years or so) but I can relate to this... it was a "survival" camping trip last April, the temperature dropped to 10 below (Celsius)... in groups of 2, we were allowed to a few basic items, knife, lighter, the clothes on our backs, a small blanket, and a few luxuries (snacks, cameras, flashlight just "in case", a whistle for the same reason).  One of my luxuries was a bottle of bug spray (the big ones, deep woods OFF) which conveniently went into the fire for shits, giggles, and a good cellphone video.  Needless to say, there was no more "firepit", our entire shelter was on fire, and my "comfortable" synthetics now had hardened plastic holes scraping at my body, I was lucky enough not to have any fuse with my skin (although that happened to my friend with a can of AXE body spray before, different story entirely), but I can imagine how painful it must be.
My suggestion, "La Vie en Rose" has some nice men's thongs, or you can get a pair of these: http://www.au.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/Product.jhtml?PRODID=417281466&CATID=788

Back