• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What to do in Trenton?

I_Drive_Planes

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I'm off to Aircrew Selection Centre this week  :D After a briefing in Vancouver on Friday I'll be going on to Toronto then Trenton, arriving in the wee hours of Saturday morning.  Aircrew Selection doesn't start until Monday so I'll be basicaly left to my own devices for the weekend (as far as I know).  I'm planning on getting some school work done, seeing the RCAF Museum, and maybe getting some pictures of the different planes flying in and out.  Can anyone reccommend anything else to do while I'm there?  I haven't been able to find much by searching the various websites for CFB Trenton (and I'm not sure what's open to civillians).  Should be an interesting trip though, I've never been east of Thunder Bay (and that was a long time ago)

Thanks

Planes   

You could alaways go to the sherwood !!! Not much to do in Trenton, the museum is not bad, went there last year on the way to CFANS in winnipeg.

go to the museum. it is a pretty good set up. they have some nice plains, plus all the names of all the RCAF members that have been killed in action. when i took my grandpa there he looked up the name of like 3 of his old buddy's.

they are also restoring the only Halifax left in the world. it was preserved in the bottom of a very cold lake. when they tried to turn the engine's over they actually worked. my grandpa was in his dreams. it was the first time he had been in a Halifax for almost 60 years.

i think they should almost be finished it now  :)

i have gone every year for the past 4 years to check up on it and see the new things they have done to it.

If you are staying in one of the "hotels" there's free internet in the lobby (and IIRC ethernet in the rooms, if you have a laptop) ... if you're in the shacks, you can go to the library and use the computers there ...

The indoor pool is pretty good, but a fair hike from where you'll be staying (past the museum) ... gym is decent and there's a running trail along the shoreline.

The ASC people have a collection of movies which they will "rent" for $1, or something like that.

Other than that, there's not much but TV ...

Good Luck!  :salute:

I went a few weeks ago.  Bring books.  The Air Museum is neat, but you can't really see the planes on the tarmac.  When you're there, go around the outside of the building to the left, and you can talk to Bill (?) who's restoring the plane, and he'll give you the up-close and personal tour.

My only suggestion?  Avoid the nudie bar.  It scares me.  A caveat, when you make it to Toronto for the medical portion, take a cab to a place called "The Brass Rail".  A very fine, er, drinking, establishment.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  :)  Bring ID and about $60.  $20 for drinks, you'll figure the rest out when you get there.

T

Torlyn said:
I went a few weeks ago.   Bring books.   The Air Museum is neat, but you can't really see the planes on the tarmac.   When you're there, go around the outside of the building to the left, and you can talk to Bill (?) who's restoring the plane, and he'll give you the up-close and personal tour.

My only suggestion?   Avoid the nudie bar.   It scares me.   A caveat, when you make it to Toronto for the medical portion, take a cab to a place called "The Brass Rail".   A very fine, er, drinking, establishment.   You may be pleasantly surprised.   :)   Bring ID and about $60.   $20 for drinks, you'll figure the rest out when you get there.

T

;D$60.00 ? You are gonna need more than that there

aesop081 said:
;D$60.00 ? You are gonna need more than that there

I was thinking $20 for drinks, and two, maybe three songs, depending on how charming you are...  Dear lord, I could spend hundreds in that place, and never get bored.  If it's wrong to go there, I don't ever want to be right.  :D

T

aesop081 said:
You could alaways go to the sherwood !!! Not much to do in Trenton, the museum is not bad, went there last year on the way to CFANS in winnipeg.
*shudder*
Sherwood is just wrong.

My suggestion is bring a lot of books. Or play a lot of computer games.

Wonderful place to work in, Trenton is. But nothing to do there.

I looked up this "Brass Rail" establishment, it looks very entertaining indeed >:D Well I'm off to Vancouver tomorrow, thanks for your responses all.  Not sure if the hotel in Van. has internet, so next time I check back I should be in Trenton!

Planes

Or you could always go to Remingtons which is a little further south on Yonge... *tries to keep a straight face*

Sheerin said:
Or you could always go to Remingtons which is a little further south on Yonge... *tries to keep a straight face*

Almost fell over laughing...  Yeah, we (blushing) went their first...  Thank god the Rail knocked that taste out of our mouths (NOT a euphamism)  >:D

T

Back