• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What to do- Avor's Journey

Medical update, moday they took out the cathader. Things were ok, I was peeing okish, but then I started to get crazy ammounts of pain in my hips and legs. Then I wasn't able to drain my bladder. So they did and urine tests, put the cathader back in, and it turns out I have some kind of urinary track infection. The only possitive to the whole thing is that it is best treated by pill, thats good because I hate needles and pills can be done from home. I have the option to try going with out the cathader, but with the infection I dont know if I should. I feel where things are irritated inside me, maybe I should wait a day or talk to the doctor.

Dinner walked in, more latter.

The military has been great, on Tuesday they put my parenys up in a PMQ on base instead of paying for a hotel. Its really nice not to my parents commuting uo and down the Island, my dad  works in vic and my mom is here everyday. Also, once I am able I do not have to stay at the hospital, I will only have to come in for radiation. So its best I stay in vic, compared to driving Duncan and back everyday.

The downer that has me annoyed is that all the radiation has fried my taste buds. I honestly can't taste the difference between milk and chocolate milk. Eating chocolate has no flavour, fruit is tasteless and dry, and most candies bland. Only the strongest things I can taste at all, like some meat, sausage rolls, cheeese. Its depressing, exspecting comfort food and getting bland, tasteless nothing.

Kruggle , im not that blind anymore, I can do normmal font for the most part.

Yea bro keep fighting! Lookin forward to know that you are well and getting better everyday!

Keep it up bro, you're doing awesome!

By the way, chocolate milk is overrated.  ;D

Avor said:
The downer that has me annoyed is that all the radiation has fried my taste buds. I honestly can't taste the difference between milk and chocolate milk. Eating chocolate has no flavour, fruit is tasteless and dry, and most candies bland. Only the strongest things I can taste at all, like some meat, sausage rolls, cheeese. Its depressing, exspecting comfort food and getting bland, tasteless nothing.

Good Lord man, don't tell them that or they'll redirect all the 'cabbage roll' IMPs your way!  See if they'll let you jump start those taste buds with some Laphroig single malt. ;)

Give 'er.

D&B

Avor,

I can relate to your medical condition, you know the old saying, " been there, done that ". I am a cancer patient and I know your misery. Its damn hard on a person. I had to endure chemo and radiation and to tell the truth, on many occasions I had wished I would die. My cancer was in my stomach, liver and spine.

What kept me going through all this was my family and my military training. I can vaguely remember during my drug induced haze and at the height of my treatment and the lowest point of my life .My brothers constantly telling me that soldiers don't quit. They knew I loved the military so much and still do.  " The man could leave the military but the military never leaves the man".

You correct about the taste buds, food sucks during treatment.

Avor, you have the right attitude to win this and you have a family, both your own and your military family, to be at your side. I will survive this as you will. As my brother's keep telling me, " soldiers don't quit". 

As for me, the cancer in my stomach is gone, the liver has a very small spot remaining but the Dr's are not worried because it is not growing. My spine was OK until my last check up. There is a spot there that the Dr's have to check out. I'm not worried its most likely just scar tissue.

Thoughts and prayers will always be with you.

Stay strong and get well.  My family is dealing with the big C too so we know the pain your going through.  That was a pretty distinguished group that presented your cap badge.  Wear it with pride.
:salute:

Avor
I wish you all the best. 
You really are an inspiration and we are all behind you.
Keep up the fight!

Thankyou everybody for the kind words and supportl

They took the cathader out on Sunday, the same day I was able to go home for a little while. The idea ids not to need to be in the hospital, I could be out tommorow, living on base for the rest of my treatment. Spraking of radiation today was the of the first treatment plan. There is now a week of some kind of "booster". I don't know exactly what it is, I think it's heavier radiatuin, but more area focused, lower spine as opposed to entire spine and skull. Skull wise, I am loseing my beard, its so thin and sad now. The realy good news out that is I have far more hair in my pants, its great knowing that I woun't be totaly sterile.

Anyways, the plan

- get out of hospital
- 5-6 more radiation treatments, stay on base
- go home and recouver, wait for sight and tase to return.

GUNS- wow, you make my cancer look like nothing. Well, mine would be if they didn'y lose me in the cracks, but you had kemo, that's a whole different ballgame. Good luck with that next check up

BernDawg said:
Stay strong and get well.  My family is dealing with the big C too so we know the pain your going through.  That was a pretty distinguished group that presented your cap badge.  Wear it with pride.
:salute:

Sure was, two Generals and a Colonel. It looks like it takes alot of rank to say somebody is allowed in the regiment.

daftandbarmy said:
Good Lord man, don't tell them that or they'll redirect all the 'cabbage roll' IMPs your way!  See if they'll let you jump start those taste buds with some Laphroig single malt. ;)

Give 'er.

D&B

I've been living off of safe way sausage rolls. Sooo good, one of the few things that still has some tase, and a reliefe from hospital food. But with the drugs,, I think it wuld be flat out dangerous to drink. Im already half blind and can barely balance as it is.

AlphaQup said:
Keep it up bro, you're doing awesome!

By the way, chocolate milk is overrated.  ;D

Im a chocaholic, I need chocolate to live.  :(

Im a chocaholic, I need chocolate to live. 

Soldier, whatever you need to live, you were born with a ton of it.

Keep fighting, we're all with you.

Brian

Old Sweat said:
Soldier, whatever you need to live, you were born with a ton of it.

It's called duty, and no soldier, or even citizen, should ever find themselves short on it.

I'm getting out today, radiation in 15 miniutes and then I go live on base fot a few days. The weekend I get to go home, then its only 2 or so treatments before Im home for good.

Almost over, then I can finnaly begin to recouver.

Avor said:
I'm getting out today, radiation in 15 miniutes and then I go live on base fot a few days. The weekend I get to go home, then its only 2 or so treatments before Im home for good.

Almost over, then I can finnaly begin to recouver.

That definately sounds like good news....keep it up buddy.

Excellent, keep up the fighting spirit, and don't rush the recovery, the army will still be here when you're at 100%.

Back