• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what pilots do when they are not flying?

HitorMiss said:
Pfffft 1 RCR was deployed, see how you do next year!

and???  weren't the 22e' guys that beat 1RCR guys there this year again... yes  ;D  Now dont go making excuses... next thing you know you will be asking for shooting lessons from the AirForce...  ;)

Cheers
Pop

P.S.  see you at the range at noon.  :p

Popurhedoff said:
and???  weren't the 22e' guys that beat 1RCR guys there this year again... yes  ;D  Now dont go making excuses... next thing you know you will be asking for shooting lessons from the AirForce...   ;)

"My name is Cpl. Gander. In the next 40 minutes I will teach you how to miss a target by 50 paces...."

;D

Your on your own here GO!!!

Pop overthere could teach the DHTC boys a few things about pistol shooting thats for sure(Oh wait he has...), He has mad skillz!

As for the Ironman we'll see next year wont we Pop  ;)

That's right. Pilots are serious professionals, even if they spend most of their time on the ground moving their hands in odd ways and making buzz noises through pursed lips.

Loachman said:
There are a number of us posting on this thread who have already "busted our balls" (or the female equivalent thereof, whatever that is) and none of us seem to have a problem.

Amen to that.

Old Sweat said:
That's right. Pilots are serious professionals, even if they spend most of their time on the ground moving their hands in odd ways and making buzz noises through pursed lips.

Old sweat has clearly experienced the tac hel equivalent of fighter pilot "Timex killers"...stange mumblings, trying to recall the conversations on 3 or 4 tactical nets, wiggling their fingers like main rotors as their hands hold tight formation with each other flying around the mess...  ;D

G2G

G2G,

Over my career I have trusted my life to service pilots in an astonishing variety of aircraft, and I guess I would probably do so again. These include L19s (Canadian and Norwegian), Otter, Twin Otter, Buffalo, Boxcar, Bristol Freighter, Dakota, Yukon, 707, Cosmopolitan, a British Army Beaver, some US Army light executive turboprops and an US ANG 123 in the fixed wing field and CH112, CH113, Kiowas (Canadian and US), various UH-1 variants and Chinook helicopters. Most flights were routine, some were exciting, a bunch included a take off but not a landing and a few just plain scared the crap out of me.

I guess, since they all delivered me to the planned destination - or somewhat close to it when parachuting -, that most soldiers really don't care all that much what pilots do with their 'down time' as long as they are competent in the air. That, however, has never and will never stop me from pointing out their many social failings real and imagined.

Cheers,

Sweatie

edit: How could I have forgotten the mighty Hercules?

OS, I'm a walking posterchild for disfunction (although I usually keep the greasy side down)! ;D

p.s.  In my spare time, I try to answer the 200+ e-mails a day I get at work...yuck!

Cheers,
G2G

Hey, what happenned to this thread?  Were there not a few more posts here?

Strike said:
Hey, what happenned to this thread?  Were there not a few more posts here?

Yes there were.  Someone was posting irrelevant material in a very immature manner and we cleaned the trash out.  Perhaps you remember him, and will be on the watch for him in the future.  ;)

Gentlemen, I can't believe it was me who started this thread.  Does anybody remember original question?

George Wallace said:
Yes there were.  Someone was posting irrelevant material in a very immature manner and we cleaned the trash out.  Perhaps you remember him, and will be on the watch for him in the future.   ;)

Uh, oh...

Some of my posts are missing - I hope that you don't mean me. I already managed to get onto Strike's hate list, albeit briefly.

weiss said:
Gentlemen, I can't believe it was me who started this thread.  Does anybody remember original question?

Yes. The original question was "what do pilots do when they arent flying".......

As a corrollory question:

What do pilots use for Birth Control?
Their Personality  ;D

From my experience at 443 Sqdn in Esquimalt, when pilots aren't flying they spend their time sitting in the briefing room b*tching about not flying ... OR bugging the techs to try to speed them up so the Pilots can be flying again (conversely having the actual effect of slowing the Techs down, either by preventing them from getting work done or by annoying them so they intentionally slow down)

But that's just an old Bin Rat's perspective...I'm sure in real life they're training or studying or doing something else useful.  :-X

Back