• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What not to do - No excuse BMQ tips [Merged]

I do agree with the funky smells that can come from some in basic, some people can get pretty ripe.

We have 4 teen boys in the house and some days, I'm like get the F in the shower. Ok, maybe I don't swear but I'd sure like to. 

LOL and times that by how many on a course?  60ish?  NAAAASTY

I was asked by an instructor if I used the shaving cream in my locker and I said "no". I'm sorry, but if a girl has time to shave her legs during BMQ, then her inspections are crap and her tasks aren't getting done. Just sayin'!

ohhh god i hate hairs loll .... by the way i was wondering... what happens when you have your period... i mean like in Farnham... isnt it a bit disgusting ?

( sorry for my bag english i'm french :p )

mboutin said:
ohhh god i hate hairs loll .... by the way i was wondering... what happens when you have your period... i mean like in Farnham... isnt it a bit disgusting ?

( sorry for my bag english i'm french :p )

I believe the PC way to put it would be "you suck it up and deal with it" just don't forget the supplies required to deal with it, I think it's safe to say that as long as you're prepared you'll figure it out. Yes it's gross but you'll survive and that shower when you get back from Farnham will be even better than it otherwise would be.

Figure i will revive this thread seeing as i am currently at CFLRS St Jean ,  i started there in January 26 2013 , Yes 11 months ago as of this post....  Let me explain.

I arrived there , day 4 Express test , i passed all but shuttle run , had issues with tightness in my calfs , Day 5 Express test Re-test - Tore Calf muscle , i continued with rest of test barely hobbling my way around the gym to do it.  I was sent to AWT plt (adapted warrior training)  basically where injured people go to get fixed and resume training at earliest possible time or get released depending on injury. 

First the fail rate is high , and it is mostly because of attitude. People go in and expect it to be easy , but be assured for the average civilian getting up at 5 am or earlier and going to bed at 11pm after a day of Death by power point, and PT and being yelled at and doing pushups because someone else in the platoon can't eat fast enough or keep time , is grueling . for some.  After about 1 week maybe 2 the first round of VR (voluntary releases ) happen those are the people who have felt they don't want a life where they have early days and late nights , fair enough. Some also leave with full intention of coming back when they have grown a little older and more mature.

By the time you reach week 4 you have got the hang of things , any further Vr's are usually a result of poor decisions , and personal issues.  By the time you reach week 6 , you got it made , week 6 time frame you are getting a cap badge , your platoon as sort of got themselves sorted and doing things relatively in sync with each other.

By week 8 you will have to do a PT test , its now called the Force Test ,  no longer a Express test . It is different , not necessarily easier for some. but different. If you fail this you are re coursed , you will get sent to WFT ( warrior fitness training) for a small amount of time , if you can not get up to standard you will be released .

One past week 8 you have some outdoor stuff , a few classes and more rifle training , and of course as you get closer to week 11 you will start doing more drill in preparation for graduation.  But your not out of the woods yet.

I can not stress enough that the first 4-6 weeks are imperative you keep your mouth shut and ears open.  It is a head game you need to not take anything to personal. the yelling the screaming the push ups and running , and so on. It is to get YOU out of your civilian frame of mind and into  military frame of mind so they can teach you the military basics so you can move on to your next step.

Some advice to give , there is no official permission to have a ghost it ( copies of kit you have in your locker) do not advertise you have one.  This will  include hygiene products , boxers , socks , towels and so on. not extra uniforms or anything , keep it simple.

All you have to store extra stuff in is a duffle bag , and you will already have plenty of extra kit issued to you that has no place in your locker. it needs to be of site. remember if you show up in winter you have winter gear too , it needs a place , summer gear is significantly less .

As said before , Foamy shave cream is great , NOT GEL , because Foam does not leak into the cap nearly as much as gel does.

Extra toothpaste make sure whats in your locker looks used , same for soap and shampoo.

Extra shoes are kinda nice to have , but make sure you have space for them in your extra kit bag.

and last but definitly not LEAST ,  Your locker will have a standard , and it will look like it from you to the last man in your platoon , anything extra make it disappear. it can not be seen .

If anyone has been to CFLRS st jean recently feel free to add to this.

What exactly happens after completing BMQ and where do you get sent too? How long of a break do you get after you finish bmq? please answer 

DeadEye229 said:
What exactly happens after completing BMQ and where do you get sent too? How long of a break do you get after you finish bmq? please answer

Where you go after BMQ depends on what trade you are.  But, you will be sent to some type of PAT Platoon and be there until you go to your QL3/DP1(trade course). Also, in PAT Platoon you will do any courses that are required before QL3/DP1, such as BMQ-L, NETP, driver wheel, etc.

As for time between courses, it varies.. could be a couple days, could be a month, etc.  As well, depending on the time of year, you may go on leave(which would be a real break).

DeadEye229 said:

This is probably the fourth or fifth time you've asked this question. Does your mother also still spoon feed you breakfast, lunch and dinner?  >:D

slicroy said:
How much they give by week $$ for mbq
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-joining-instructions.page?
There is no set amount - however My brother told me its approx 300$ in change a week,  in my opinion $$ should not be the drive for someone joining the forces...

I joined to pay a debt back to society but either way speak with a recruiter or file manage if you have questions on pay scale

slicroy said:

You are not paid by the hour, nor by the week.

You are paid monthly ( on the 15th and on last day of month ).

If you want to know what you will be paid, look at the Canadian Armed Forces Pay Scale with your Recruiter and have them explain what exactly you will be earning a month.  From there you can do your own math to figure out what you may get on average per day, week, etc.  You can also ask what deductions you may have to pay, as well.

MacIssac said:
I joined to pay a debt back to society but either way speak with a recruiter or file manage if you have questions on pay scale

:facepalm:  Get off your *Soapbox of honour and knowledge*;  you are an applicant, nothing more.  If you've got nothing to add, then add nothing.

slicroy said:
George Wallace said:
You are not paid by the hour, nor by the week.

You are paid monthly ( on the 15th and on last day of month ).

If you want to know what you will be paid, look at the Canadian Armed Forces Pay Scale with your Recruiter and have them explain what exactly you will be earning a month.  From there you can do your own math to figure out what you may get on average per day, week, etc.  You can also ask what deductions you may have to pay, as well.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/pay-rates.page

Not sure if this is the proper thread but did not want to create a new one.

I'm interested to know if occupational training is similar to basic in the sense that you are constantly getting "jacked up", inspections, etc? Or once you are into occupational training is it a lot more relaxed?

Thanks

ace1125 said:
Not sure if this is the proper thread but did not want to create a new one.

I'm interested to know if occupational training is similar to basic in the sense that you are constantly getting "jacked up", inspections, etc? Or once you are into occupational training is it a lot more relaxed?

Thanks

Most occupations have their own sub-forums, go look in them and you will find your answers.

I am willing to wager that Reg Force DP1 Cbt Engineer will involve a lot more inspections and corrective training than BMQ.  Inspections and jackings are far preferable to you continuing to do or not do something that will at best result in you failing and at worst cause the injury or death of you or someone else.  Take it on board.  It's all good.

Back