• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What knife would you recommend?

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
battletoad said:
I'm looking at buying a knife. Is that a worthwhile purchase? Would you recommend fixed blade or folding? What is your knife of choice?

Whatever is cheap, easier to replace when you loose it...

If you want to get something nice, I was always a fan of the CRKT M16/M21 knives... M16-01S is a good knife (If you want "big" get the M21-02G, I have one of each), plus it's got the cool "one handed opening" factor... don't get anything with serrations on it, they're a hassle to sharpen.

Personally, I know it's not "tactical", but whatever, I'd go for something bright coloured... easier to find when you loose it! I've got my M21-02G spray painted bright orange...

If you're looking for a good, inexpensive, easy to sharpen (scandi-grind) full tang knife, have a look at the Morakniv Companion.  Decent selection of color choices depending on what you need it for (bushcraft, tactical, etc).  If  you are looking to spend a little more money, the Bushcraft series are great pieces of kit as well.

I have the older version the Companion replaced, the  (Clipper 840) as a neck knife, got it for $13USD all in off eBay.  25 cents worth of paracord later and voila, inexpensive durable neck knife for my civie gear.  My flying knife for normal ops is the Bushcraft Survival Orange; knife, sheath, diamond sharpener, and fire steel all in one and easy to see.

Back