• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is your military status?

What is your military or non military status?

• Total voters
zipperhead_cop said:
Welcome back to Canada, brother.

hehe.  thanks but i'm still in la - tho i have a house in toronto and fly there a lot

canadians chick are also hotter :)

r

RG, I've seen you on here the past couple of nights; welcome to Army.ca.

It's always nice to get an opinion from our allies on here, keeps the gene pool from getting to inbred  ;D

A little word of advice though: stop with the MSN speak; it not only contravenes the site usage guidelines set out by the owner and mods, but it makes it harder for some of our older folk to figure the message out!

PMT

ParaMedTech said:
RG, I've seen you on here the past couple of nights; welcome to Army.ca.

It's always nice to get an opinion from our allies on here, keeps the gene pool from getting to inbred   ;D

A little word of advice though: stop with the MSN speak; it not only contravenes the site usage guidelines set out by the owner and mods, but it makes it harder for some of our older folk to figure the message out!

PMT

Who you callin old???? ;D

Now I'm a civilian but I still work at NDHQ in Ottawa - actually do regret getting out (was a MCpl) and if I had a good set of knees, would rejoin in a heartbeat.  I help take care of our own still - love the Military atmosphere.

Addendum to what I posted - I was chief clerk of the Black Watch in Montreal and my last position was in the 90's at CFB St Hubert with Combat Development Division. One of the COs we had in the Black Watch made sure I was trained as a combat clerk - the way all clerks in the Infantry should be trained. We had some great exercises back in the 70s and 80s!

BW Rickand Sherry said:
Addendum to what I posted - I was chief clerk of the Black Watch in Montreal and my last position was in the 90's at CFB St Hubert with Combat Development Division. One of the COs we had in the Black Watch made sure I was trained as a combat clerk - the way all clerks in the Infantry should be trained. We had some great exercises back in the 70s and 80s!

Welcome....you'll find some of that atmosphere here....one big family.  ;D

I'm a civilian, who is applying to the CF. I'm going infantry, but I currently have my Emergency Medical Response certificate. I thought I wanted to become a paramedic and stay a civvy, but the CF caught my attention about half way through the course. I finished the course, but never took a job up with any hospital or health authority. I'm looking forward to serving in CF and seeing what the infantry has to offer.

Jimmy

Retired. 25 years combined Reg/Reserves.

7 years in Armoured, 18 with the Air Force.

Army brat. Grew up at Borden. 67-90. Mother was a Sgt, father was a Mcpl. Sis is a major in the reserves. Brother in law is a Lt Col. I'm.. civvie.

DCRabbit said:
Army brat. Grew up at Borden. 67-90. Mother was a Sgt, father was a Mcpl. Sis is a major in the reserves. Brother in law is a Lt Col. I'm.. civvie.

Wow great pedigree....how come you're not in the mob?? ;D

Cos when I was there, the grass seemed always greener in civvie world. But the longer I was away, the more I missed it until it was too late to do anything about it. Tho I will never miss roach patrol on the pot racks at  A-151. At least I think ti was A-151.. the one by the Rod and Gun Club. I did a few stints as a pot washer there.

Army reserve Infantry went on the sup list a couple of years ago and now trying to get off. was told will be back on parade by christmas but will find out for sure tonight.

AirForce MCPl.  3 yrs reserve Infantry, 18+ yrs reg.  CC-130 Hercules Loadmaster (SAR,TAT)
Best job in the world.  Never a dull moment!

Bit of an update. I've just moved to the School of Armour, Puckapunyal, for my ASLAV crewman course. So now i only check Army.ca on the weekends :'(
Its not all bad though, only another 20weeks till the course is over! :p

Well was in the Air Cadets. Left to take a job that had me working parade night and weekends so I turned in my uniform on a coat hook after three years and 2 chevrons (corporal). I want to get into the Army as either Armour or Air Defense. However it seems my mom (make no mistake im 20 years old), grandma, and girlfriend are all against it. My girlfriend wants me to do something where I at least come home every night. However I still got my application package right on the night stand. 3 vs. 1 guess that means im out-numbered right?

Back