• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the story behind your avatar?

career_radio-checker

Inactive
Reaction score
Ever wondered what that little 1"x1" picture in someones personal profile has meant?
Sometimes its because of personal reasons; sometimes its a treasured memory we want to share with the rest of the forum; and other times it's an insanely stupid picture which we just thought would be cool to put up.

Whatever the reason, it is a mystery to other forum members and I wish to start a thread where we can explain that little picture which is as recognisable as the forum users.

My picture has always been of a hamster or squirrel or some small rodent. Not calling myself a rodent but those sneaky little bastards can pop up when you least expect them and can scare the b-jesus out of you -- something I like to do  :)

Also, they can be quite comical; and for the sake of stealing 3 minutes of your life I will prove it with a little video
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3894301868978665655

What's your story?

Team America....

Just love the movie....

My old one was the tac symbol for my former unit. But my new unit... hmm.. haven't figure that one out yet.

Mine is the least ugly picture I have  :(

It's also the best 'Army' picture I have...

Ryan06.jpg

mmmm 25mm is tasty.

At some point I'll change it, but not today.

btw, good topic.  I've wondered about some peoples avatar. :cheers:

It's my cap badge, pretty lame compared RHFC_piper. :-[

boehm said:
It's my cap badge, pretty lame compared RHFC_piper. :-[

It's all good.  At one point my avatar was my cap brass 'cause I had nothing more interesting (and I'm proud of my unit, as you should be).  I'm sure someone of greater tactical importants will notice my avatar some time, and ask me to remove it, sighting some Opsec or Public affairs reason.  Most likely along the lines of; The Canadian public doesn't need to see an ugly, bald grunt chewing on what, in essence, is a large grenade linked to a bunch more.

But until that time, there it is.

Piper, yours is like an ironic joke on the world. You did bite one 25mm, so your avatar is humourous (to me anyways).
Good topic CRC, 'cuz there's times I scratch my head at some people's avatars.
Mine basically points to the fact that I miss the Aurora world and the pic is taken in front of one of the hangers in Greenwood.  It's the most agressive pic I could find of the combat load of 1 CP 140.  Most times, I was one of the last people she saw before she went up.  Either fuelling, doing flight feeding, or removing the snow off the runway.  
Sooner or later, I 'll change it to another aircraft, I have many in my files to choose from.

Cheers, BYTD  ;D

My avatar is simple. Everyone recognizes it but my screename associated with the flag throws people for a loop. I was Comms Regt before I transferred over to the Naval reserve.

hehehe well, mine's a pic of two medtechs and I doing a simulated casualty extraction from a g-wagen for the Abbotsford Airshow :) why? because I like it, and well I'm in the back ground least to be seen, just like we're supposed to be. The troops are the ones doing the real work  :)

My avatar's a picture of HMS Warspite off Normandy-1944 where she was shelling German positions covering the landing at Sword beach.

I think I have avatar A.D.D.  Depending on my mood, or things I stumble across on the net I throw something up.  Back when I would talk myself into verbal warnings (so long ago, since I am such a mature poster now  ::)), I would have a hideous sad clown avatar when I was flagged. 
Currently, that is some sort of transformation sequence for Tuxedo Max, from some bizarre live version of Sailor Moon.  You'll probably see my Sailor Jupiter one soon too, since Max is getting old. 

My name is part of the motto of my MOC......IN HOC SIGNO (VINCES)....VINCES means "conquer or victory" which is not really politically correct if you think that that means conquering everyone in the name of Christ.
The new motto of my MOC is Vocatio ad Servitium (called to serve) which is cool and everything but when I was growing up all the hangings on the altar, in the church etc said IHS....IN HOC SIGNO...and being a traditional type of guy I kind of identify with it.
I always change my picture...sometimes my dog...sometimes a ship...or the MARLANT crest...whatever.

Most of you know what mines all about. For those that don't it is a picture done by Silvia Pecota depicting an accident that took place in Kandahar last March. http://www.silviapecota.com/pages/PRINTS/Prints_CF.html

Mine is my devil cat. She hates everyone and thats why i love her!!!! It used to be her in Cdnaviators boot when she was a kitten but I thought her attack picture was cooler haha.

Back