• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is RCMP training like compared to the army?

Lost_Warrior

Inactive
Reaction score
To be more specific, what kind of physical training do those in the RCMP go through when compared to say an infantryman during the course of his/her training?

Does anyone have a break down of the training one in the RCMP goes through during the course of their qualification?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind.  I found this:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting/faq_e.htm#Training%20Academy

Although they don't really stress any real physical aspect of the training.  Can anyone with any kind of experience please give some insight on just how physical it is compared to the army?

I have a friend who was an NCO in the Army and is now in the RCMP - he said a fit soldier can generally walk through the RCMP's fitness test....

Well, that doesn't really help me.  I have seen un-fit recruits pass the Army fitness test....

I was talking in terms of PT during their course.  It's a 24 week course.  Is it similar to the army where you wake up and go for a 5km run with push ups and other exercises in between?  Something to that effect.

Back