• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What have you won thus far in the Roll Up the Rim?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Good_News/2012/05/11/19749296.html

Soldier wins car in roll up the rim

By Holly Tousignant, Special to QMI Agency

KINGSTON, Ont. — A member of the Canadian Forces is rolling away in a new car after snagging a prize in the roll up the rim contest at Tim Hortons.

“I had to roll up the rim three times just to make sure I wasn’t going completely out of my mind,” Eric Wilson said, remembering seeing the words “Win/Gagnez - Camry,” on April 2.
After getting over his initial shock, Wilson asked the supervisor working at the time what to do next.
“I said to her, I know how to deal with a coffee, I know how to deal with a free doughnut, what do I do with this? She just got wide-eyed and said ‘I’ll be right back!’ The actual manager came out, and they were all shocked.”

Wilson purchased the winning cup at the Tim Hortons CFB Kingston location on Niagara Park Drive.
After leaving the coffee shop, Wilson went home to tell his wife.
“She freaked out a little bit,” he said.

His wife joked that he’s bought enough coffee over the years to pay for the 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid he won.
The Camry is the grand prize in the Roll Up the Rim contest. Of the 40 Camry Hybrids available to be won in 2012, 35 have been claimed, most of them in Ontario.

Wilson will get his new car on Thursday.

Last year, I worked in Amherstburg, Ontario. I lived about 7 mins walk from work, and a Tim Horton's was at a mid  point on that walk.  Didn't win much, though, maybe 5 free cups or something out of about 250.
If only they had espresso, perhaps I would have won so much more!
:nod:

Well, someone in Kingston won a good prize.....

A member of the Canadian Forces is rolling away in a new car after snagging a prize in the roll up the rim contest at Tim Hortons.

“I had to roll up the rim three times just to make sure I wasn’t going completely out of my mind,” Eric Wilson said, remembering seeing the words “Win/Gagnez - Camry,” on April 2.

After getting over his initial shock, Wilson asked the supervisor working at the time what to do next.

“I said to her, I know how to deal with a coffee, I know how to deal with a free doughnut, what do I do with this? She just got wide-eyed and said ‘I’ll be right back!’ The actual manager came out, and they were all shocked.”

Wilson purchased the winning cup at the Tim Hortons CFB Kingston location on Niagara Park Drive.

More at link

Bruce Monkhouse said:
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Good_News/2012/05/11/19749296.html

By Holly Tousignant, Special to QMI Agency

Only four days late...but thanks for playing along  ;)

Journeyman said:

:facepalm:  Guess I haven't been keeping up on current events......

Or......two guys with the same name, both posted to Kingston, won cars! 

Journeyman said:

4 Days!!?? You both are really not keeping up are you?? From 08 April:  :p

ArmyVern said:
Oui Oui.

While you were swimming your ass off, he was coffee-breaking at Timmies and rolling up the car.  >:D

Well I guess its time to revive this thread. So any one win yet?

I'll tell ya tomorrow.  Gonna need some extra java since I"m leaving here at 5am to hit  Halifax. 

Finally having a good start to the year. I'm so far 2 for 2 with a free coffee and donut in hand.
Trying my hand at coffee number three we will see what happens.

Good Luck to everyone!

1/2 Coffee win. Same with my gf. Last year I had about 10 coffee/donut wins  ;D

I won a doughnut.  Too bad I'm on a dairy/soy free diet right now.

Won a coffee, but since the hot chocolate was bought for me, I gave the free one to the guy that bought it.

Back