• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What does the hat badge look like today for the Royal Canadian Artillery?

• Thread starter Veteran`s son
  • Start date
V

Veteran`s son

What does the hat badge look like today for the Royal Canadian Artillery?

What did their hat badge look like during World War Two?

The currrent badge is this one:

RCA, current cap badge

And the Second World War badge can be seen here:
http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/capbadges.htm

Principally the design difference is the King‘s crown in use during the war and the current Queen‘s crown version.

Mike

the artillery cap badge is characterized by

- the grass that doesn‘t grow
- the crown you can‘t wear
- the wheel that doesn‘t turn
- the gun that won‘t shoot
- and the c....hmmm, how to put this delicately.... :D

Ah, the joys of regimental banter ! However, remember this, nothing happens on the battlefield until the Arty has given the area a good stonking...otherwise it‘s not safe for all the other little darlings to go about their jobs :p

Come on now, be a little nicer to the lesser trades.They try their best to be as good as we are!

Michael:

You‘re going to have to less subtle for all those out there that don‘t have a clue what your taking about with regards to our hat badge..... :D

Yea thats what I meant, but the fingers are fasrer the n the mind, and alas, I forgot the double check;

"Shot Neglect, over"

Roger that, I know the feeling only to well ! Except mine‘s more of a case of fingers being too slow...brain even slower :D

Just out of curiosity, why don‘t the "horse" wear the Royal Cypher as opposed to the arty badge?

Another question - I heard a dozen different explanations over the years, regarding IG‘s wearing the "tarnished" (brown) cap badge. Any true significance, or just what they got from British IG‘s?

Back