• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do you get issued at BMQ?

anything like Asprine in a bottle the has been opend will be taken and held till the end of the course, the same goes for any Multy tools or pocket knife, they will most likely give them back to you when you go to Farnham.

I would suggest for combo lcoks, buying one of the bags of 3 from the Canex, as they all have the same combo and thus it's only one thing to memorize instead of three. But yeah, pretty much everything on the list can be bought at Canex, from my experience on IAP at least. Oh and as for Farnham, winter or summer, it sucks. Just in the summer it sucks less. Try to enjoy your time and have fun.

To those of you who are looking for the "wonder insoles," look into Super-Feet.  They are a liitle more pricey than Dr. Scholls and other flimsy insoles, but are well worth it.  It has a firm base, no need to worry about it bunching up in your boot, and the support they offer is phenomenal.

Stu

Alright, since ive been there, Ic an say this: the BIGGEST thing your staff will care about is that you all have the same kit, and that it all looks the same.

If you ALL have two bungie cords, they wont care (usually). If one of you doesn't have it, but the other 28 do. Too bad, none of you get it.

(This is for Regs)

AS for reserves, no idea.

Also, staff is different everywhere. There are standards guys... but for the most part your staff get to say what goes on the bed, etc.  On my Course, they told us they didnt really care so long as everyone had it exactly the same.

Meridian said:
Alright, since ive been there, Ic an say this: the BIGGEST thing your staff will care about is that you all have the same kit, and that it all looks the same.

If you ALL have two bungie cords, they wont care (usually). If one of you doesn't have it, but the other 28 do. Too bad, none of you get it.

(This is for Regs)

It's pretty much the same for the entire military...especially on a basic course.
I remember on my BMQ, a Sgt. taught us a very important lesson:

sgt: Does anyone go to university here? (bloggins raises hand)   alright pte. bloggins...there's a word in my head...it's a very difficult word because it doesn't seem like any one of you know what it means.   anyone know what i'm talking about?   the very word is...SAME.   I want you to understand that word becuz you all look like a circus with all your different kit.

(This is for Regs)

It's the same for the reserves. During my basic/SQ/recce courses, our inspections all had to be one standard.   Our rucks had to be packed the same, our tac vests had to be packed the same, our cots had to be the same.   Everything.   And they checked too.   They would take apart one guys ruck at randon, and then another guys at random.   If anything between the 2 was different, we all payed for it.  

And make sure your name is on EVERYTHING!   I cannot stress this enough.   Your name must me printed with marker on ALL your kit before inspection.   Make sure everyone does it.   A good way of doing it is, the night before the course starts, get the whole platton together, and everyone go through your kit, piece by piece.   Everyone names it all in the same place, then everyone packs it into the same place all at once.   Then move on to the next piece of kit, etc etc.

THat way the next mornings inspection, everyone will have their kit named the same place and packed the same place (giving everyone was paying attention the night before)

Sewing is a big thing too, some staff want your name sewed onto all of your kit, depends on the course and the staff.
On BMQ your learning to be a team, help everyone out, and make sure your all the same.
Uniformity is the key.

-KaT

*notes that the CFLRS standard is little iron-on/sew down (BOTH!) tags with your first 4 letters of your last + last 3*

At least it was 2 years ago.

Back