• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What book are you reading now?

Go for Shakedown

Book about the Griffon helicopter in Afghanistan written by a Griffon Weapons Section lead.Written as fictionalized dialouge between characters based on true events.How the militarized Bell 412CF was employed as gunship support successfully .

The Last Ridge: The Epic Story of America's First Mountain Soldiers and the Assault on Hitler's Europe, McKay Jenkins

An easy and pleasant(?) read, especially for those who yearn for "the freedom of the hills"*. The first half of the book deals with the background that lead to the raising of 10th Mountain Division and its training; the second half deals with its short time in combat in Italy. Focusing mostly on the experiences of relatively junior soldiers, it does provide some lessons learned (and forgotten) that may be useful to anyone who needs a reminder about things to consider when leading troops in unusual terrain.

* extra credit for those who get the reference

Splinter Cell. It's a fast read, but the writing is somewhat elementary.

Audiobook if that counts. A man called Intrepid by William Stevenson.

The book is about William Stephenson the WW1 fighter pilot turned master spy from Winnipeg who was the inspiration for James bond.

P.s. the narrator is not helping the book any. I believe it would be much better with someone else but the content is fascinating.

Audiobook if that counts. A man called Intrepid by William Stevenson.

The book is about William Stephenson the WW1 fighter pilot turned master spy from Winnipeg who was the inspiration for James bond.

P.s. the narrator is not helping the book any. I believe it would be much better with someone else but the content is fascinating.
The sequel "Intrepid's Last Case" is also interesting, dealing with the Igor Gouzenko defection among other things.

The sequel "Intrepid's Last Case" is also interesting, dealing with the Igor Gouzenko defection among other things.
That was a fascinating case. I am not really up to speed on it but when a cipher clerk defects.....

Back