• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are you listening to/fav type of music

I came down with a fever earlier this week. I went to the Doctor today, and she told me that, the only thing she could prescribe for my condition, was more cowbell.  This much cowbell, I assure you, could never be sold over the counter.

Watching a flashmob go wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12056504

Flash-mob singers spark California mall evacuation

Click to play

Click to play

Resident: "I think the whole community found out."
A spontaneous musical concert at a California shopping mall ended with the entire complex being evacuated after some 5,000 people turned up to sing.

The incident happened at the Roseville Galleria shopping mall, which is reported to have started shaking due to the volume of people inside.

Fire and safety officials struggled not to spoil the festive mood as they evacuated the mall.

One warden said: "You can keep singing, but please walk."

Thousands had gathered at the shopping mall's food court to take part in a group rendition of Handel's Hallelujah Chorus as part of a flash-mob concert - when groups of people - often strangers - conspire on social networking websites to turn up at the same place at the same time and start singing.

But, as they burst into song, there were reports that the building's floor began to move and creak, and witnesses reported hearing popping sounds.

Emergency services were forced to evacuate the entire building.

"We want you guys to have a good Christmas but we have a serious safety issue right now," one official said, according to a video of the event posted on the website of the Sacramento Bee.

No-one was hurt and the structure was declared safe.

The assembled singers, whose efforts had been organised by the Sacramento Choral Society and Orchestra, continued their impromptu concert outside.

Jeff Wayne's musical version of War of the Worlds-  an almost impossible find in music stores, but my boy found one for me for Christmas.

American Woman
When a man love's a woman(percy sledge)
George Thorogood- in the nighttime
Against the wind-bobseger
Born to be wild-steppenwolf
Radar love-golden earring
Sign of the gypsy queen-april wine
Ride ride ride-foghat

57 chevy Re: annie lennox(baxl)
got the copyright block also.
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Into-The-West-lyrics-Annie-Lennox/429DFAB0CA2CFCFB48256E2700178396
lyrics as follow'sLay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You've come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

[Chorus]
What can you see
On the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea
A pale moon rises
The ships have come to carry you home

And all will turn
To silver glass
A light on the water
All souls pass

Hope fades
Into the world of night
Through shadows falling
Out of memory and time
Don't say: «We have come now to the end»
White shores are calling
You and I will meet again

And you'll be here in my arms
Just sleeping

[Chorus]

And all will turn
To silver glass
A light on the water
Grey ships pass
Into the West
  :cheers:
Rock n Roll is here to stay.
Scoty B

Burnin the Midnight Oil
Thanks Sapplicant. One of my
old favorite's.
Run Red Run-The coaster's
Stagger Lee-Loyd Price
Peter Gun-Frnderman
Those were the days-Mary Hopkin
Ferry Across the Mersey-Gary and
the Pacemaker's
Hawaii five-0-the Venture's
Tell Luara-Ricky Valance
I got the Six-ZZ Top
Two for the show-Trooper
Pretty Lady-Trooper
Susie Q-CCR
Rock n Roll Rock's on..
Ya gotta love it..
One for the Road,
Two for the Show,
Ready,get,Go...
Scoty B

One from the band with the same name as that place they call 'the windy city'
Colour My World

then later on......On the way home from that Bogart movie there was that Stewart guy with this one.
Yeah......you remember, it was the Year of the Cat

And we all got home late.......for PT :christmas happy:

Neil Diamond will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011.
Neil Diamond, who will be 70-years-old next month, beat out L.L. Cool J, Bon Jovi and the Beastie Boys for the honor.

He wrote on his website:  ”I think it’s great. I’m happy that they recognized me and my work. Any club that has Chuck Berry and Little Richard and The Everly Brothers is a club that I want to be a part of.”
Neil Diamond: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

A few other songs from the same artist

Morningside

Lady Magdalene

Play Me

Photo:Neil Diamond Rock and Roll Hall of Famer

(Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act)

I'm into a bit of evrything, favouring heavy metal. And I dont mean that screamo/hippy garbage they're coming out with. I mean heavy metal that makes Slayer sound like an elementary school chior.  For you metal fans, this has been polluting my ears lately:
Disclaimer! do not take heavy metal too seriously! misuse may result in brain damage and/or social ackwardness. Or being a twisted lonely psycho with too much mascara and bad aim.... 

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Damaged - Passive Backseat Demon Engine
Thorazine - Seed the Black Sky
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
Dissection - The Somberlain (years ahead of it's time)
Summon - Baptized by Fire

I'm not listening to anything right now but two Neil Diamond songs came to mind:

Candida
Sweet Caroline.

Now that I know these two ladies....the songs were well written. Mind you these two young ladies were born AFTER the songs were hits.

My philosophy for the morning.

Eddie Fisher - "Games That Lovers Play":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvsU_VZ8EDo

I saw him perform that song, and others, at the O'Keefe Centre. He was a great singer.

Back