• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Western Canada Reserve Military Police Questions

Dissident

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
410
14 MP Platoon in Calgary.

Get in touch with ResMP, he will get you all the info you need.

http://army.ca/forums/members/50033
 

ResMP

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
Boom! Thx NinerSix ... Yes ... I will be your Huckleberry! We have a Platoon in Cgy, and yes we are looking. Thx for your interest. [:)
 

ResMP

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
Hi Everyone,

15 MP Coy (Western Canadian Military Police Reserve) is anticipating an increased operational tempo and will begin recruiting accordingly. We are looking for applicants in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver.

*** At this time MPAC is not required

We are submitting names for the Regular Force Military Police Qualification Course - submission of the names comes from a cadre of already trained MP reservists. Expect to be enrolled and fully trained as a Res MP before submitting your name for Reg Force course.

1 MP Regt expects to deploy reservists in a variety of capacities of the the next 5 years.

Please contact me at jason.forbes@forces.gc.ca if you are interested. I also invite you to add to this conversation by way questions.

Thanks!
 

RedcapCrusader

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2
Points
230
Ex_RMP said:
Good day,

I'm enquiring on behalf of a friend in regards to MP(Res).  Can anyone confirm if Calgary still has platoon, and if so who is the contact for recruiting.  The interested party is currently a serving LE member within AB.

Thanks in advance.

I'm with Calgary, if you'd like to send me a PM, I can put your friend in touch with our recruiter.
 

lohocard

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
PM'd you ResMP.

Does anyone know if you are exempt from MPAC by already having a Police foundations diplima? Sort of like direct entry?
 

da1root

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
21
Points
380
Good Day,

No you are not exempt from doing the MPAC by having done Police Foundations.  Having Police Foundations makes it so that you're considered a semi-skilled enrolment, but everyone regardless of educational background or work history has to do MPAC for MP.

Best Regards
 

lohocard

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
Buck_HRA said:
Good Day,

No you are not exempt from doing the MPAC by having done Police Foundations.  Having Police Foundations makes it so that you're considered a semi-skilled enrolment, but everyone regardless of educational background or work history has to do MPAC for MP.

Best Regards

Thanks for the reply. That's unfortunate, but rules are rules.

Are there military police at every Reserve Unit or just the ones specified on the Forces website? If I'm going for MP reserve, I'd want to go where I live now (Ottawa, Ontario). I just didn't see any Units offering MP in the surrounding area.

Cheers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OttCap

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
lohocard said:
Thanks for the reply. That's unfortunate, but rules are rules.

Are there military police at every Reserve Unit or just the ones specified on the Forces website? If I'm going for MP reserve, I'd want to go where I live now (Ottawa, Ontario). I just didn't see any Units offering MP in the surrounding area.

Cheers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 battalion is the reserve group in Ottawa. Send them an email, and see if they are hiring. It may be entirely possible that they aren't hiring for MP, however I do know they were hiring for other trades.

PRes aren't going to get more than a few days pay per month however, so you'll need another full time job and one that won't interfere with your PRes commitments so take that into consideration. Not every employer is all that keen on hiring reservists because they are misinformed of their responsibilities.
 

lohocard

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
OttCap said:
33 battalion is the reserve group in Ottawa. Send them an email, and see if they are hiring. It may be entirely possible that they aren't hiring for MP, however I do know they were hiring for other trades.

PRes aren't going to get more than a few days pay per month however, so you'll need another full time job and one that won't interfere with your PRes commitments so take that into consideration. Not every employer is all that keen on hiring reservists because they are misinformed of their responsibilities.

33 Service Battalion in Ottawa? I didn't see that Military Police were there, although I have spoken to a recruiter at 33 Service Battalion (about supply technician). I thought this was a support unit only. Unless you're talking about 33 Canadian Brigade?

Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Dissident

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
410
PRes MP platoons do not belong to their local reserve brigades, but rather to a reserve company, which is part of a RegF MP Regiment. You will not get far if you try to go through 33 CBG, if your intent is to join the MPs.

There is a reserve MP platoon in Ottawa: 33 MP Platoon. I think, IIRC, that 33 MP Platoon is co-located with the Reserve Svc Bn at Major E.J.G. Holland VC Armoury, 2100 Walkley Road. If you are having a hard time getting a phone number, send me a message and I will endeavour to find you a contact number.
 

RedcapCrusader

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2
Points
230
lohocard said:
33 Service Battalion in Ottawa? I didn't see that Military Police were there, although I have spoken to a recruiter at 33 Service Battalion (about supply technician). I thought this was a support unit only. Unless you're talking about 33 Canadian Brigade?

Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 Military Police Platoon - which is based in Ottawa.

They parade out of Maj E.J.G. Holland V.C. Armouries, 2100 Walkley Rd. If you want to visit for information, do so between 1800-2100hrs.

I don't have a phone number right now, I'll try and track one down.


Edit: NinerSix was much more expedient on that submit button  ;)
 

lohocard

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
LunchMeat said:
33 Military Police Platoon - which is based in Ottawa.

They parade out of Maj E.J.G. Holland V.C. Armouries, 2100 Walkley Rd. If you want to visit for information, do so between 1800-2100hrs.

I don't have a phone number right now, I'll try and track one down.


Edit: NinerSix was much more expedient on that submit button  ;)

Thanks for your information - although a slow response haha, only kidding :)

Yeah I was confused because I spoke with a Recruiter a few months ago at 2100 Walkley but that was only for 33 SV Battalion because (along with MP) I was also interested in being a Supply Tech. I PMED NinerSix for the phone number. Hopefully they're hiring!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

RedcapCrusader

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2
Points
230
lohocard said:
Thanks for your information - although a slow response haha, only kidding :)

Yeah I was confused because I spoke with a Recruiter a few months ago at 2100 Walkley but that was only for 33 SV Battalion because (along with MP) I was also interested in being a Supply Tech. I PMED NinerSix for the phone number. Hopefully they're hiring!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would quite unusual for the Platoon to not be hiring... We're traditionally very small units. Good luck!
 

lawandorder

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
lohocard said:
PM'd you ResMP.

Does anyone know if you are exempt from MPAC by already having a Police foundations diplima? Sort of like direct entry?

Current entry standards for the PRes Military Police does NOT require a MPAC to be completed.  This is relatively new entry stander, less than 6 months, however should a member wish to attend the Regular Force QL3 they will need to meet both the education requirement and successfully completed a MPAC.
 

lohocard

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
Law & Order said:
Current entry standards for the PRes Military Police does NOT require a MPAC to be completed.  This is relatively new entry stander, less than 6 months, however should a member wish to attend the Regular Force QL3 they will need to meet both the education requirement and successfully completed a MPAC.

Can anyone else confirm this? Where did you get this information from?

Thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

RedcapCrusader

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2
Points
230
lohocard said:
Can anyone else confirm this? Where did you get this information from?

Thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Law & Order said:
Current entry standards for the PRes Military Police does NOT require a MPAC to be completed.  This is relatively new entry stander, less than 6 months, however should a member wish to attend the Regular Force QL3 they will need to meet both the education requirement and successfully completed a MPAC.
OttCap said:
Not sure about the MPAC requirement, however it would make sense to me. PRes MP do not serve a policing function and have no peace officer authority and àare not badged or armed, so the need for additional screening like the MPAC is not necessary.

A relatively new initiative however it that PRes MP can take the RegF MP QL3 which gives them a badge and armed. To do so, you would certainly need to take the MPAC if you are serving in an identical capacity as RegF who have taken the MPAC.

Because there seems to be some speculation, I will post this from a PM I sent earlier:

In March of 2016, the Commander of the Land Forces MP Gp (LCol LaFlamme) announced that his initiative to boost PRes MP recruiting by removing the MPAC requirement was endorsed by the Provost Marshal.

PRes MP applicants do not have to have MPAC to join a unit as we are primarily focused on Field Ops, not Police Ops. If a PRes Member wants to do a Component Transfer to the Regular Force, take the RegF QL3, or be employed in some form of Policing Role, they must attend and be found suitable on MPAC.

If a member is found Not Suitable, they are returned to their units and are retained, rather than being released as it was in the past.
 

lohocard

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
LunchMeat said:
Because there seems to be some speculation, I will post this from a PM I sent earlier:

In March of 2016, the Commander of the Land Forces MP Gp (LCol LaFlamme) announced that his initiative to boost PRes MP recruiting by removing the MPAC requirement was endorsed by the Provost Marshal.

PRes MP applicants do not have to have MPAC to join a unit as we are primarily focused on Field Ops, not Police Ops. If a PRes Member wants to do a Component Transfer to the Regular Force, take the RegF QL3, or be employed in some form of Policing Role, they must attend and be found suitable on MPAC.

If a member is found Not Suitable, they are returned to their units and are retained, rather than being released as it was in the past.

Thanks for clearing this up. Especially the part where if failed, they can still be an MP in the Unit (without QL3).

That's really interesting though. It almost makes me want to ask what reservist MPs do rather than "policing", although I understand that's a whole other topic and I suppose I should make use of the good old search engine..:)

Cheers!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

RedcapCrusader

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2
Points
230
lohocard said:
Thanks for clearing this up. Especially the part where if failed, they can still be an MP in the Unit (without QL3).

That's really interesting though. It almost makes me want to ask what reservist MPs do rather than "policing", although I understand that's a whole other topic and I suppose I should make use of the good old search engine..:)

Cheers!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still have to do QL3, it'll just be the 8 Week reserve QL3, rather than the full 6-month badging course that the Regular Force attend.

The Reserve MP mandate is Field Operations. We focus on the cool stuff, like force protection, close protection (basically body guarding, it's dope), security, and good ol' down to earth gunfighting and door kicking.

Base Security, vehicle checkpoints and traffic control points, personnel and vehicle searches.

Our area of expertise though, is Detainee and Prisoner of War handling.

You'll still learn some law and policing focused things, but it's not your primary duty.
 

lohocard

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
LunchMeat said:
You still have to do QL3, it'll just be the 8 Week reserve QL3, rather than the full 6-month badging course that the Regular Force attend.

The Reserve MP mandate is Field Operations. We focus on the cool stuff, like force protection, close protection (basically body guarding, it's dope), security, and good ol' down to earth gunfighting and door kicking.

Base Security, vehicle checkpoints and traffic control points, personnel and vehicle searches.

Our area of expertise though, is Detainee and Prisoner of War handling.

You'll still learn some law and policing focused things, but it's not your primary duty.

That actually sounds like something I'd be down to do. Even that little info made me even more interested haha. Well, my trades are Supply, infantry and MP and I was qualified for all 3...I was totally fine with either one, honestly. So it'll be hard for me to choose (if they're all actively hiring). My interview and medical are in 3 days!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top