• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Westboro Baptist Church Plans to Protest Elizabeth Taylor's Funeral

HavokFour

Inactive
Reaction score
Westboro Baptist Church Plans to Protest Elizabeth Taylor's Funeral

Article

Friends and family of Elizabeth Taylor may get unexpected visitors at her funeral — picketers from the Westboro Baptist Church.

Margie Phelps, daughter of the hate group's leader Fred Phelps, tweeted Wednesday that they would picket Taylor's funeral, most likely because of Taylor's gay friends and humanitarian work against AIDS. Phelps also tweeted several attacks on Taylor, including "RIP Elizabeth Taylor is in hell as sure as you're reading this & getting mad as a wet hen. She should've obeyed God. Too late!"

Taylor was a prominent AIDS activist, starting the American Foundation for AIDS Research after the 1985 death of Rock Hudson. In 25 years, the foundation raised over $100 million.

It is people like Margie Phelps who God frowns upon. I hate that BS

One of these days they will go too far and someone down there will make them very bloody sorry.  They are a dispicable bunch of losers.

These kinds of radicals make good Christians look bad.  Not a very loving, merficul, compassion or <insert Christian virtue here> kind of attitude for them to have.

If you pray, pray for them- the same thing any Christian should be doing for everybody when there's a funeral.

I think they're awesome.
Come on, who else would include "getting mad as a wet hen" in any description of hell?

:rofl:

If the members of WBC are destined for Heaven, I'll be happy to go to Hell with all the actresses, strippers and Hooters girls.

If I recall correctly, someone down there did get rather upset with them. I will try and find an article link but I believe they were the recipient (notice the lack of the word victim) of a homemade bombing attempt. I think it was by a student? The details in my brain are fuzzy and I can't find any news articles.

I don't think the members of the WBC meet the entry standards for 1 x ticket to Heaven please in any religion.

Michael O'Leary said:
If the members of WBC are destined for Heaven, I'll be happy to go to Hell with all the actresses, strippers and Hooters girls.

And I will be very happy to join you as long as Vern and Moe agree to join us....and Edward. And Dave. And Strike....OK you know who I mean!

Jim Seggie said:
And I will be very happy to join you as long as Vern and Moe agree to join us....and Edward. And Dave. And Strike....OK you know who I mean!

I'm already there.  Or did you not know I'm a lap dog minion of Satan?  >:D

Jim Seggie said:

I'm sure all the newbies that show up with a smile and leave with their tail between their legs agree that the whole website should be sent to hell ;D

PMedMoe said:
I'm already there.  Or did you not know I'm a lap dog minion of Satan?  >:D

I'm a big fan of Satan's lap lady dancers minions.    ;D

And the best form of counter-protest would be the regular appearance of large numbers of polite people holding signs saying "God hates the WBC." The trick is not offering them the confrontational tactics they seek to attract.

With everything these people protest, you have to wonder their viewpoints on this: http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/100030/post-1029184.html#msg1029184  >:D

Michael O'Leary said:

I hate to break it to you, but you will find WBC there as well, and probably more that the latter mentioned (who will be in heaven if they have repented and trusted in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation) ;D

" It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Mark 2:17

The WBC is centered on the Phelps family.  They are a family of lawyers.  That's their secret.

That is why they are well funded, and they keep winning all their first amendment cases.  If any of us non-lawyer types tried to pull off what they do we'd be thrown in jail in a heartbeat.

What's the difference between a lawyer and a jackfish?  One's a bottom-dwelling scum sucker.  The other's a fish.

This kinda stuff has less to do with religion and their beliefs and more to do with the American legal system's susceptability to manipulation.  IMHO, of course...

AirForceMonkey said:
I hate to break it to you, but you will find WBC there as well, and probably more that the latter mentioned (who will be in heaven if they have repented and trusted in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation) ;D

" It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Mark 2:17
Yes, Jesus did tend to hang around with the tax-collectors, prostitutes and professional fishermen didn't He?  Our modern tax-collectors have reinvented themselves as white collar bureaucrats, but I can't help but think He'd tend to hang around with the prozzies, fishermen, and general rough and tumble types if He were here today (including military types).  I think they tend to be a bit more honest than the religious folks...

But I would like to point out that Mr O'Leary did qualify his comment with an "if", so it shouldn't be taken as indicative of his actual beliefs.  For that matter, if WBC's version of heaven was true, I'd be inclined to turn it down as well...

ivan the tolerable

I agree with that, I wouldn't want to be there either "if" they were there, but thankfully, it won't be the case.

Religious hypocrisy is exactly what Jesus is referring to when He says "I didn't not come to save the "righteous", but sinners" (of which I (AirForceMonkey) am the foremost), but just because someone says the are Christians doesn't make it so, just like wearing fatigues doesn't make one a soldier  :)

And things like what these people are doing doesn't help people's view about Christians. It makes me mad and sad at the same time

Just my  :2c:

JesseWZ said:
If I recall correctly, someone down there did get rather upset with them. I will try and find an article link but I believe they were the recipient (notice the lack of the word victim) of a homemade bombing attempt. I think it was by a student? The details in my brain are fuzzy and I can't find any news articles.

I don't think the members of the WBC meet the entry standards for 1 x ticket to Heaven please in any religion.

I'm quite surprised that somebody (or somebodies as the case may be) hasn't made a more concerted effort to rub them out. Not that I agree with bomb attacks, I just wouldn't be all that distressed if they got an early flight to hell (where they would likely end up). Picketing a soldier's funeral the way they do really, really offends me.

Back