• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Well wishes.

Canadian.Trucker

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
We have 11 personnel deploying to Afghanistan very shortly.  The first group departs in a little less than a weeks time.  Most are with the 1RCR battle group, but at least one is with CIMIC.  This is the largest single group from my unit that we have deployed in a very long time for overseas operations, and the first time we've sent troops from our unit on warfighting operations since the Korean War.

I have no doubt they will do a fantastic job, and they have the full support and confidence of everyone at the unit.  I wish every one of them well, and pray for their safe return.  Do your job boys, and when it doubt fall back on your training and common sense.  I continue to pray for those already overseas, and those not from our unit deploying soon.

:cdn: :salute:
-DUCIMUS

Best of luck soldiers, and when the going gets tough, just remember that there are folks at home who are proud of you.  :cdn:

Fredster said:
Best of luck soldiers, and when the going gets tough,

The tough go Automatic! or that's my plan anyway  ;D

Thanks for your support, every little bit makes us that much prouder to be a representative of this country.

May their rotation do us as proud as the present rotation has done. These are terrific soldiers that the normal Canadian is only just finding out about. Best wishes  :salute:

HitorMiss said:
The tough go Automatic! or that's my plan anyway  ;D

Thanks for your support, every little bit makes us that much prouder to be a representative of this country.

What.. I thought you were going to be rear party HOM...

oh.. when you said rear party... maybe you were referring to something else that night..  :-[

I'll do pastoral visits to your wife when you're gone... don't worry.

Canadian.Trucker said:
We have 11 personnel deploying to Afghanistan very shortly.  The first group departs in a little less than a weeks time.  Most are with the 1RCR battle group, but at least one is with CIMIC.  This is the largest single group from my unit that we have deployed in a very long time for overseas operations, and the first time we've sent troops from our unit on warfighting operations since the Korean War.

I have no doubt they will do a fantastic job, and they have the full support and confidence of everyone at the unit.  I wish every one of them well, and pray for their safe return.  Do your job boys, and when it doubt fall back on your training and common sense.  I continue to pray for those already overseas, and those not from our unit deploying soon.

:cdn: :salute:
-DUCIMUS

They just had the closed door party throwen by the CO for them, and Families ONLY. Needless to say because I call 4 of these close personal friends, I was a little upset that the regiment didnt give a proper send off. It could have been taken up by the JR's mess, but half of our committee(Pres, vice-pres, Bar Mgr), are on course in pet, or moved to alberta like 2 months ago.  Well in 6 months, I will fly back from wherever I am(waiting on CT to the regs) and give them a proper welcome home.

To the lads going over, look after each other, and stay safe.

Best of luck!

Wes

Good luck to all of you and God speed. I was part of OPFOR in Wainwright during your April-May workup training exercise. Whatever your thoughts on Ex Maple Guardian 0601, good or bad, I hope it makes a difference to your experience over in Afghanistan.  I am extremely proud to have been able to contribute somehow to your mission.  :salute:  :cdn:

Good Luck to all the guys going over watch each others back, come home safe :salute:

I know you'll make us all proud.  Stay smart and safe.  Good luck  :salute:

Good Luck to the men and women of the regiments going over. Look after each other and remember that we at home will be praying for you all. :salute:

Good luck to all the men & women heading over. Thank you for what you do. We're proud of you, and rooting for you back home.  :cdn:

Good luck to all the men and women going over to Afstan.
Canada can sleep easy at night knowing that the best are looking out for us.

Cheers! :cdn:

foerestedwarrior said:
They just had the closed door party throwen by the CO for them, and Families ONLY. Needless to say because I call 4 of these close personal friends, I was a little upset that the regiment didnt give a proper send off. It could have been taken up by the JR's mess, but half of our committee(Pres, vice-pres, Bar Mgr), are on course in pet, or moved to alberta like 2 months ago.  Well in 6 months, I will fly back from wherever I am(waiting on CT to the regs) and give them a proper welcome home.

I planned the party for them, so I know what it was all about.  I would consider what was done a proper send off in so much as why it was done this way.  Like you said, the JR's mess could have organised something with the full blessing and support of the unit.  All that needed to happen was someone spearhead it.  And FYI the function was not closed to family only as many of the units personnel showed up including a certain newly minted RCD.  If you want further clarification I'd be more than happy to fill you in.  See you in the Fall perhaps.

I am friends with one of the PAO types that is Attached, and it hit home how close the deployment is last week when he came into my office to say good-bye/see ya soon and all that jazz before he left.

:salute:  Good hunting TF3-06  :salute:

Mud

Back