• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Site Administration Welcome to the new Army.ca!

Pertains to site upgrades, performance, and general operation
How does "Ignore" work? My ignore list got lost in the transition and I can't seem to find a way to rebuild it.

Just doing a test post to see the timestamp. Things seem a bit off for me. posted 7:40 pm 27 Dec

🙂

Hover over the members icon on the left and it's in the bottom menu

🍻
Tanks FJAG. It's not the ignore member I'm after, it's the Ignore Boards. Where you can opt out of seeing chosen forums, like the Recruiting forum.

Just doing a test post to see the timestamp. Things seem a bit off for me. posted 7:40 pm 27 Dec

🙂
Yup. Things are out of whack.

I posted this at 7:40 pm 27 Dec EST but the time stamp reads 12:40 am 28 Dec. All the posts around mine also seem to be off by 5 hours.

I think it's at your end Mike. My computer's in sync for this location.

🍻

I posted this at 7:40 pm 27 Dec EST but the time stamp reads 12:40 am 28 Dec. All the posts around mine also seem to be off by 5 hours.

🍻

Default to Zulu time, methinks.

Default to Zulu time, methinks.
Click your name top right, Account Details. Then Preferences. Brihard's correct, it's defaulted to Zulu for everyone.

I assume that's just an issue with account migration. New users will be able to set that when they create their accounts.

Tanks FJAG. It's not the ignore member I'm after, it's the Ignore Boards. Where you can opt out of seeing chosen forums, like the Recruiting forum.

Quick Google search on the new Xen Foro system says that's not possible but it is a widely requested feature from the devs.

Anyone know where the Ignore Boards function is?
Unfortunately the ability to ignore boards is something we lost in the migration.

🍻

This should be "better" now in that anyone who was set to UTC is now set to Eastern timezone. You'll have to adjust off that.

Hi Mike. The new site looks great!:)

One problem though...when I go to a new post, it seems to be a 50/50 chance that I go to the new post or the first post. Not sure if it’s a problem on my end or yours.

Cheers!

One problem though...when I go to a new post, it seems to be a 50/50 chance that I go to the new post or the first post. Not sure if it’s a problem on my end or yours.

Cheers!

If I select a thread from “new posts” it seems to go to the last unread, but if I select from “what’s new” I think it just goes to the first post, at least from the small bit of playing around I’ve done.

Cheers!
Could you provide an example? Generally, any thread which has posted already will jump to the last one. If it's a new thread it won't jump.

Watching forum nodes, ignoring people...

Ignoring/Un-ignoring Members​

When you ignore an individual, you won't see their posts and nor see any notifications from them.

Screenshot_134.png
Ignored someone by accident?
Screenshot_136.pngScreenshot_137.png

Watching Nodes/Threads​

You can watch a node for any new threads that are created by clicking on a node and selecting "Watch".
Screenshot_135.png

You can watch a thread by clicking "watch" within the thread.
Screenshot_138.png

Hi Mike, can't seem to find edit or delete post function. Someone did a stealth edit and changed the entire vibe of my reply. Cheers.

If it was your "umm....what?" I put an explanation in your post as to why you (and I ) were saying that. HB edited it and it left you hanging....we are just learning what tools we have to relearn and/or learn to not have.

Back