• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Welcome to Off Topic

I was still in 1 CER and getting ready for my Move to CFSME in Gagetown when this thread started

Mike Bobbitt said:
So the real question is... what were you doing in February '93 when Army.ca first came online?

I started Basic Training in St-Jean on 21 Feb 1993

Feb '93: I was experiencing my first Winnipeg winter... :rage:(had just been transferred there from Montréal the previous summer).
Jun '01:  I was enjoying my 4th Ontario summer living in Oakville and basically doing the very same thing I'm doing now  :boring:

Mike Baker said:
Feb, 1993. I was 2 years, 5 months old. So in other words, not much to be doing  ;)
May I also add, I was being a nice little boy, nothing bad caused by me  >:D

In Feb of 93 I was in grade five, mhaving just turned 11.

When this thread started I was in the last weeks of high school (probably just starting exams). 

God that seems like a long time ago.   

I drive a car that's probably older than some of you! Bought it brand new too! :)

In Feb '93, I was posted to Halifax and drinking beer at the Village Gate.

In Jun '01, I was in Kingston at the Regt, were I still am.

Bought my first mini van and then got divorced. gave her the minivan,  gave her the house and the kids and walked away with very empty pockets. Pretty crappy year.

Feb 93 probably doing what would be my last Winter Indoc FTX ( mind I had no idea at the time it would be my last).

June 01 not sure I think I was doing a bad imitation of Hemmingway in Habana’s seedier bars.  8)

In 1993 I had just over a year to CRA and had a terrificly challenging and satisfying staff job - if there is such a thing, this one qualified. 

Danjanou said:
June 01 not sure I think I was doing a bad imitation of Hemmingway in Habana’s seedier bars.  8)

I was actually in Hemmingway's apartment in Havana in June 01.

.................and I was in grade 10.  ;D

George Wallace said:
In '93 I was in Recce Sqn in Pet.  In '01, I was still in Pet.  :-[

Geez, George, we may have met at one time..... 8)

'93, I was in grade....3, in Valcartier, and moving to Victoria.

When this topic was started, I was....working in Longueil Quebec, and waiting for my last year of HS to start in Ottawa.

I was in lincoln NB second term of grade 4. My little sister was only 2 months old.  I spent most of my winter days sliding, skating, or just listening to the new "boombox" i got for christmas. Unfortunatly the tape that was playing in it is the most embarrassing part. Anyone still know the steps to achy breaky heart? lol

When this thread started i was graduating HS. Lets leave it at that

Edited to add when this thread started bit

Honestly I do know the steps to Achy breaky heart.  ;D

Regards,
TN2IC

D Squared said:
Me too...learned it it Winnipeg (how embarassing).
What's embarassiong: having been in Winnipeg OR knowing the words to "Achy breaky heart"?

geo said:
What's embarassiong: having been in Winnipeg OR knowing the words to "Achy breaky heart"?

a bit of column A, and a bit of column B

Back