• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Welcome to Libya

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
I've added a new location, new missions and several pieces of new equipment for those players above Rank 20. Enjoy!

I think this new section was a means to suck another 760MPs out of me.  ;D

Great addition Mike. This will fit well in the game when I am looking for cheap missions to undertake.

I'm going to be honest about this, even though it is tempting not to be!  Mike, my AOR is already locked down for Libya.  Is that a glitch?  Or were you nice and gave us a 'gimme' if we were past a certain rank?  Oh, and if it was a glitch and you are going to lock it back up, so we get a nice low number to unlock??

Never mind, just became unlocked and I now have to clear it.

dangerboy said:
Never mind, just became unlocked and I now have to clear it.

Ditto for mine.  And it's asking for 35CR!  Pakistan is only 27CR.  And here I was hoping honesty would pay.  :'(

Sorry guys, a few glitches in the system for adding new locations. I've fixed that up now so the HVM should be locked and should take only 7CR to drop. :)

May I suggest, for those who are already a high rank don't need to unlock the HVM, you may want to keep Tripoli under insurgent control... If you do that, it'll only take 7CR per hit when the "drop insurgency" daily challenge comes up. On the other hand, locking it down will get you closer to the insurgency medal incentives. :)

If only this were yesterday when I took the 87 insurgency point incentive, at an AOR that required 18CR... Sad face...

Okay, so I wasn't crazy when I saw that on the AoR list this morning :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Sorry guys, a few glitches in the system for adding new locations. I've fixed that up now so the HVM should be locked and should take only 7CR to drop. :)

May I suggest, for those who are already a high rank don't need to unlock the HVM, you may want to keep Tripoli under insurgent control... If you do that, it'll only take 7CR per hit when the "drop insurgency" daily challenge comes up. On the other hand, locking it down will get you closer to the insurgency medal incentives. :)

I like that suggestion :)

In retrospect, I should not have clustered all the missions around Ranks 20-25. I should have spread them out, giving a new one every 20 Ranks, for example. Next time. :)

Considering the Naval and potentially the Air Force involvement in Libya, it would be nice to see a mission for both??

Naval:

"Conduct Maritime Interdiction Operations" or "Evacuate Canadian Nationals" for a Mission with a Frigate & Naval Boarding Team for the QM requirements?

Air Force (if the CBC Reports are confirmed):

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/03/17/libya-red-cross031711.html

"Enforce UN No-Fly Zone" for a Mission with a CF-18 & Fighter Pilot for the QM requirement?

New mission suggestions:

"Rescue downed CF-18 Pilot?"

Require:  Zodiac, POL (already in game), Ship's Diver

"Load P8 CHAFF Rocket"

Require:  Chaff Rocket (x6), NESOP

"CIWS upload"

Require:  CIWS 20mm Ammo (1580 rds), NWT, Man Aloft Chit

In case folks have been wondering why I haven't been adding missions as they are suggested here, it's because I was holding back for the Mission Editor feature, which finally went live today. So now it's yours to benefit from! :)

Mike does this mean we might see a capture Gaddafi intel mission at some point?

Back