• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Welcome snow

Brixxie said:
Juster wondering who else got the first snow fall?

Funny you should ask, as we got a few inches of the white stuff on Wednesday  ;D  (What do you expect- I'm in Winnipeg.)

I'm all set up for lots of snow this year.. Got my Jeep, getting new skis once I thrash these ones in the early season. (After hamering my edges back into place a few times the year before last, I figured they're reaching the end of their service life)... so bring it on! buahahahahhahahaha!

A mild winter here means more snow, not less.  We get most of ours in the -5 to -20 range, any colder than that, and it won't snow here.

Snow????  What's that?  ;)  hehehe

Looking out my window, there's no snow yet on the North Shore mountains yet either. 

Kat Stevens said:
A mild winter here means more snow, not less.  We get most of ours in the -5 to -20 range, any colder than that, and it won't snow here.

Kat...  :'( Stop speaking the truth please..

Lots of snow at the border of USA and Canada in southwestern Ontario this morning.
Won't be long until we all get a taste.
I heard they are predicting a mild weather for Eastern Canada. But I think they will not include PEI lol

Keep faith, William Webb Ellis... I'm going there opening day on the 10th no matter how little snow there is...
On the upside, the forecast for the banff area hints at a possibility of snow falling in the next week....

For some of us (those that work in the oilfield in Wild Rose Country) snow means that we can all get back to work steady and try to catch up on the bills that have been stacking up due to the rain that we have been having causing road bans... So I for one welcome the snow  ;D ;D ;D ;D

More snow means it's less likely for another country to attempt an invasion of Canada!  ;D
That's one of the hundreds of reasons I can think of why we should be getting lots of snow this winter, early this winter, and for a very long winter!!!  ;) 
The milder winter is a blessing for the ski/snowboard season, as Kat said, but too mild also means more freezing rain which kills ski runs.  Then again, Environment Canada cannot predict rain while it's falling, so I don't pay much attention to anything they say.

Looking at the sunshine webcam.. They've got snow! Weo!

We had snow falling for a good 2 minutes before it stopped. It just made it look like the rain did a crappy job of watering the ground.

Well Edmonton is currently getting its first snow fall. Not much is falling though, and it's all melting as it lands.

Calgary has about an inch or so and is still falling in the North West.

Saskatoon got a couple inches over the weekend.  Grass is still white.  Streets brown/grey/black.  Hmmm... usually the first has been completely melted off by now.  Here's hoping...

tlm.

Canada is known for its winters, I don't know why people complain so much.
If you don't like it, there's an easy solution to your problem...
No offense.

TN2IC said:
You guys can keep it... with love from NS.
Has everyone in NS forgotten the "little snowfall" back in '04?
96cms.  Yup, you can keep that downeast, TN2IC. Obviously you have forgotten the great secret of snow.
It is like making love, you never know how often it will happen or how deep it will get.
From the archives of the runways of Greenwood.
GP

Back