• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Welcome New Army.ca Staff

Good morning, all.

I've been a member here for a little over ten years.  Though I've only been an occasional poster as of late, I've lurked almost every day.  I've always been in awe of the wealth of experience and information here, as well as the sense of community.  I would like to give back to the site by working to foster a more inclusive environment for intelligent conversation.

I have limited time as an Air Cadet, Artillery Reservist, and over fifteen years as a Regular NCIOP/SAC in the Navy.  I have a few deployments under my belt, and I'm currently on deployment right now.  When my contract ends in a few years, I would like to become a Police Officer somewhere in Ontario.

I would like to thank Mike Bobbitt, previous/current Staff and Mentors, and all of the user base for this opportunity.

Cheers,
Jaydub

Jaydub said:
Good morning, all.

I've been a member here for a little over ten years.  Though I've only been an occasional poster as of late, I've lurked almost every day.  I've always been in awe of the wealth of experience and information here, as well as the sense of community.  I would like to give back to the site by working to foster a more inclusive environment for intelligent conversation.

I have limited time as an Air Cadet, Artillery Reservist, and over fifteen years as a Regular NCIOP/SAC in the Navy.  I have a few deployments under my belt, and I'm currently on deployment right now.  When my contract ends in a few years, I would like to become a Police Officer somewhere in Ontario.

I would like to thank Mike Bobbitt, previous/current Staff and Mentors, and all of the user base for this opportunity.

Cheers,
Jaydub

Welcome to the aspiring police officer club.  I'm presently transitioning, hopefully to the RCMP.

Humphrey Bogart said:
Welcome to the aspiring police officer club.  I'm presently transitioning, hopefully to the RCMP.

I know a couple people who are in the process of transitioning to RCMP.

Ideally, I would like to join the Guelph Police Service, and perhaps rejoin my former Reserve Artillery Regiment.

Humphrey Bogart said:

Have fun in Nunavut.

Quote from: Humphrey Bogart on Yesterday at 21:05:46

Lumber said:
Have fun in Nunavut.

Awh...that's not fair...there's lots of reserves up there that are looking for new meat..... ;D

Good day, all!  My name is Duey, and after 31 years spent in RCAF cockpits, I'm now working at looking at others in the cockpit while I sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight. ;D

It's an honour to support Mike in helping to make/keep the Milnet.ca family of sites one of the most relevant to the Canadian Armed Forces' greater community as possible.

Cheers,
Duey (aka G2G)

Good2Golf said:
Good day, all!  My name is Duey, and after 31 years spent in RCAF cockpits, I'm now working at looking at others in the cockpit while I sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight. ;D

It's an honour to support Mike in helping to make/keep the Milnet.ca family of sites one of the most relevant to the Canadian Armed Forces' greater community as possible.

Cheers,
Duey (aka G2G)

Hi Duey,
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but my "search" feature is not working. Any recommendations on how to fix it?

Thanks

Guy

DEFABI said:
Hi Duey,
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but my "search" feature is not working. Any recommendations on how to fix it?

Thanks

Guy

Hey Guy,

I am not Duey, but figured I would respond anyways.

Looks like we may be having a global search issue.  I'll point Mike in the direction of the problem.

DEFABI said:
Hi Duey,

Thanks

Guy

Hi Guy,

Allow me:

I just tried a search with the site's search engine and got a "search daemon unavailable" response.

Try opening google and typing: site:army.ca and then your search term(s) That's been a go-to for us for a while now.

Let us know how you fare out.

Cheers

Search issue was a problem on the new server... all fixed up, thanks for letting me know. :)

Cheers
Mike

Mike Bobbitt said:
Search issue was a problem on the new server... all fixed up, thanks for letting me know. :)

Cheers
Mike

Yay!  The Boss scares away all the evil serch daemons!  [horrible IT joke]

;)

Cheers,
Duey

A little bit of time in and Mike & I are wondering: how are we doing since the reboot of staff? I have a number of very positive PMs, but realize this covers barely a tenth of a percent of the site as a whole.

You can share here or feel free to hit me with a PM.

Thanks

Cheers

Scott said:
A little bit of time in and Mike & I are wondering: how are we doing since the reboot of staff? I have a number of very positive PMs, but realize this covers barely a tenth of a percent of the site as a whole.

You can share here or feel free to hit me with a PM.

Thanks

Cheers

You haven't kicked me out yet, so either you're doing really well or really poorly? Not sure.

Brihard said:
You haven't kicked me out yet, so either you're doing really well or really poorly? Not sure.

Oh? You were definitely on the list...

Fishing for compliments? 

If you're not getting complaints you're doing alright.  [:D

Chris Pook said:
Fishing for compliments? 

If you're not getting complaints you're doing alright.  [:D

Haha, not at all - history has shown us that sometimes asking gets us the feedback others might be holding on to. :)

I assumed that the new mods were getting their feet wet. Ask in 6 months once they are feeling their oats......".

I expected more personality clashes but that didn't seem to happen.

Been a few heated debates which were handled well without issue.

You should change "chief of staff" to "Warmaster" because that sounds cooler. Or, in honour of Wainwright, change it to "adjudicator".

Jarnhamar said:
I expected more personality clashes but that didn't seem to happen.

Been a few heated debates which were handled well without issue.

You should change "chief of staff" to "Warmaster" because that sounds cooler. Or, in honour of Wainwright, change it to "adjudicator".

Never been to Wainwright. I'd have to change it to something to do with the Camelot, or Legends.

Legends *sniff*  :-[

Back