• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Welcome New Army.ca Staff

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
All,

It is with pleasure that I introduce the new Staff roster for Army.ca (sorted by ID#, not importance):

You will see an even mix of familiar and new faces in the list, but the common criteria is that each has stepped forward and offered to help. You'll also note that list is about half the size of the old Staff roster, even with the new blood. I ask for your support as we move forward, there will undoubtedly be a period of adjustment as the new Staff find their way and learn how to use the tools at their disposal. I would also encourage the good ideas to continue, as I have received lots of useful feedback over the last few weeks. The introduction of new Staff doesn't mark the end of change, in fact it should free me up to look into deeper changes.

As I have asked all Staff to introduce themselves, I should also do the same.

As the username suggests, I am Mike Bobbitt, IT Security consultant by day and PRes Capt in the West Nova Scotia Regiment by night (and weekends!). I have been running Army.ca in various forms since 1993 and have been in and out of the Reserves a few time as work and family commitments ebb and flow.

Cheers
Mike

I'm Tony -- former Militia guy (1978-1989, infantry), daytime federal civil servant, "in the basement in my gym shorts & t-shirt" blogger, and bread baking enthusiast.

Honoured to be one of the folks helping Mike keep this as good a site as it can be.

Scott here. Former PRes now token offshore worker. Days off see me fixing up things in my home, building new things for my home, or another; putting smoke to large cuts of meat, cheating death on the ski slopes, and surfing here.

The same as years ago when Mike made me staff, it's a great pleasure. Feel free to PM me if I can be of help.

Hello all,

I'm Kyle - I joined Army.ca in 2004 when I was a wee cadet with aspirations of joining the CF.  That didn't pan out in quite the way I'd intended (though I am currently in the enrolment process for the CIC), but I still managed to never leave here.  Shortly after joining, I volunteered to assist with the cadet forums and joined the DS.  Somewhere down the line, I was taken on as a full DS member.

By day, I am a mild mannered Business Analyst and Project Manager for a software company.  By nights and weekends I help to manage a group of restaurants and entertainment venues in Ottawa, work with the Army Cadets as a civilian, and also do some investigations work (this is where the majority of my background is based and I like to stay current).

Glad to have returned with the DS and I look forward to helping build our community here.

milnews.ca said:
I'm Tony -- former Militia guy (1978-1989, infantry), daytime federal civil servant, "in the basement in my gym shorts & t-shirt" blogger, and bread baking enthusiast.

Honoured to be one of the folks helping Mike keep this as good a site as it can be.

With all that bread baking does that make you "inbred" ?  ;D

Hey All,

I've been around from the beginning.  CO West Nova Scotia Regiment by night and shitty little jobs guy for the Brigade and Div by day.  Currently deployed somewhere warm so I will be on when able.  Welcome to all, especially the new blood.  Send me a question if you have one and I'll get an answer.

Seeing the amount of "Bluenosers" on here so far makes me feel at home.

Hello All,

I'm Kratz. I was with the RCN for 20+ years experience. Since 2006, I've been an active member, supporter of Navy.ca, eventually becoming a mentor on the site.

It's humbling to continue assisting Mike with this terrific community. Feel free to PM me if I can be of help.

Greetings all,

Humphrey Bogart here, I've been a member of the CAF since 2004 and am a regular force infantry officer by trade and a member of Milnet since 2008.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, concerns or comments. 

Hi, I'm Mike.

It's an honour and a pleasure to be a member of this community. Please PM me if I can be of assistance.

Mike Bobbitt said:
All,

It is with pleasure that I introduce the new Staff roster for Army.ca (sorted by ID#, not importance):

You will see an even mix of familiar and new faces in the list, but the common criteria is that each has stepped forward and offered to help. You'll also note that list is about half the size of the old Staff roster, even with the new blood. I ask for your support as we move forward, there will undoubtedly be a period of adjustment as the new Staff find their way and learn how to use the tools at their disposal. I would also encourage the good ideas to continue, as I have received lots of useful feedback over the last few weeks. The introduction of new Staff doesn't mark the end of change, in fact it should free me up to look into deeper changes.

As I have asked all Staff to introduce themselves, I should also do the same.

As the username suggests, I am Mike Bobbitt, IT Security consultant by day and PRes Capt in the West Nova Scotia Regiment by night (and weekends!). I have been running Army.ca in various forms since 1993 and have been in and out of the Reserves a few time as work and family commitments ebb and flow.

Cheers
Mike

Well done, Bobbitt's 16!  :salute:

daftandbarmy said:
Well done, Bobbitt's 16!  :salute:

I've seen this movie before:

image.jpg

;D

Staff are already dividing into Sharks vs Jets?

In all seriousness,  thanks to the staff, old & new, for all you do to keep this place running.

Greetings all! I joined the site in November 2012, and it quickly became a tremendous source of help and knowledge for me.

I immediately found that I enjoyed making myself useful where I could and helping out the Hopefuls and Recruits. I later approached Mike asking to Mentor. I was extremely grateful when he gave me the 'thumbs up' and the opportunity allowed me to gain insight into many areas.

I'm thankful to past Staff for their guidance and info-sharing, and am looking forward to learning even more alongside the new and returning Staff members also.

mariomike said:
Hi, I'm Mike.

It's an honour and a pleasure to be a member of this community. Please PM me if I can be of assistance.

I'm guessing that my merger rate is going to drop...

Hey All,

Been a serving member since '99; wore the Navy uniform from 1999 until 2012; went Supp Res for 10 months and then rejoined and was told to wear the Army uniform.

I have been hanging out / moderating the Recruiting boards for the last 2 years; I'm HRA by Occupation and happy to be part of the team :)

Cheers,
Buck

Names Dave. Like some, I've been here since the start.
Cadets starting in 63, reserves in 68, regs in 71 - 83, reserves 91 - 2013 (ret'd).
Occupational Health and Safety Inspector (ret'd).
Looking forward to the reboot.

Tanks!
rg

Back