• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing Tac vest and Ruck with civvies PT clothings

jiangx18

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm thinking of ruck marching around my neighborhood wearing my Tac vest and rucksack during the summer months since I'm not on course for PT, are there any rules against doing so? So far to avoid trouble, I go out at 0500 when there is no one around.

I've been doing on my treadmill, but the thing is not designed for more than 250 pounds of weight and there are times the belt gets jerked forward and caused the machine to shut down.

Don't wear your tacvest, it doesn't add much weight empty. Lots of people wear their ruck in PT gear.

Your safest bet is to ask your chain of command to make sure it's good to go, some bases and areas are more liberal with the rules than others.

PuckChaser said:
Don't wear your tacvest, it doesn't add much weight empty. Lots of people wear their ruck in PT gear.

Agreed.

There is a possibility that you can practice using your tacvest, but it involves the expense of having some metal plates cut that will replicate the size and weight of four fully loaded magazines.  I have seen this done at my unit when we were doing the BFT and full Fighting Order.  Just one way of distributing the "required weight".

jiangx18 said:
So far to avoid trouble, I go out at 0500 when there is no one around.

To add to the above advice, you may find this discussion of interest,

Wearing Tac-Vest in public
https://army.ca/forums/threads/115838.0

Thanks, guess no more tac vest or maybe I'll try to stuff it into my ruck.

jiangx18 said:
Thanks, guess no more tac vest or maybe I'll try to stuff it into my ruck.

Put a set of boots in or both parts of sleeping bag, don't bother shoving that useless thing in your ruck.

Back