• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weapon Tech or Radar Tech?

forumdood007

Inactive
Reaction score
Really having a tough time deciding on which one to choose. I live in Halifax, am pushing 50 and in the process of enrolling. Yeah....I know what you're thinking!!! Anyway, I love weapons of all kinds, am good with my hands and see potential with this trade. My recruiter felt it was better to get into Radar Tech. I'm thinking it also involves working with my hands. Any pros and cons to consider? Love to get some thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

Also wondering about the amount of sea time with each trade...does one tend to get more than the other?

Well if you wanna get hands on with weapons, radar tech is not for you.  Radar tech will get you hands on with circuit boards and multimeters if thats what you're into.
Cheers

You'll get your hands dirty with either of the trades. You'll generally get your hands dirtier as an NWT. If the idea of a radar tech still appeals, you may be able to realize that the radars are an integral part of a much larger weapons system, that being the ship itself.

As for sea time, both are probably rather close to the same, at least as far as I've seen.

For hands on get dirty and take stuff apart NWT is the way to go.  Although I might be bias after 17 years in the trade. :2c:

Back