• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

We Were Soldiers

A

Andrew

I just saw the movie this past week and thought it was amazing...There were some parts in it that we pretty fake I guess but thought it was well writen and acted. Mel Gibson did a great job I thought. Just wondering if anyone else out there has seen it and what you thought about it?

Andrew :cdn:

Good show, didn‘t really like the Braveheart-esque bayonet charge at the end, but alot of the scenes were pretty intense.
I‘d highly recommend the book. Not only does it give you a good insight into the whole Ia Drang Campaign, but it also tells the fate of the 1/7‘s ill fated sister battalion at LZ Albany a few days later, as the movie only shows the first half of the battle.(In fact, Gibson‘s character (Hal Moore) was not the last to leave that LZ, his battalion was replaced by the 2/7).
In short, the movie was a really good war flick, but, like all hollywood, it sacrificed some truth in the name of dramatic license.)

Back