• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warrior Assault Systems TMV Vest - Good or Bad or just.....not worth it?????

Towards_the_gap

Reaction score
Hello fellow army.caers,

Am seeking advice on the following vest, whether anyone has used one, if so, was it junk, ok/did the job, or booted-the-wife-out-slept-with-vest-instead good?

Examples below:

http://www.firsttactical.com/Warrior_Tactical_MOLLE_Vest_Base_p/w_tmv.htm

Pouches

http://www.firsttactical.com/category_s/102.htm

Yes I know it's from the UK, however with the better exchange rate ($1.8 - £1) it's not that far off anything I'd get canada-side, plus with british in-laws, I can get them to pick a few pieces up for my birthday etc and keep the cost down.

All opinions welcome....

Just make sure you don't spend a crapload of money only to be told by someone it's not authorized for wear. Just a heads up.

I concure with OS especially since you are going to CFSME as staff.

Why not buy one of the excellent vests availible in Canada thru a canadian dealer? Dropzone, CP gear, DS Tactical, OneShotTactical, etc etc....

OS - Indeed I will seek guidance prior to tour as to what is allowed, AFAIK it's pretty loose these days, as long as you look canadian and carry certain kit IAW SOP you can carry what you want. Again, AFAIK.

N_S - Will obviously take the issued kit for CFSME, this is more for tour (1-10).

490 - I'll keep looking at canadian kit, for some reason this gear appealed to me, can't way why, which is why I'm seeking opinions.

Many thanks for contributions thus far.

TTG,

As a general army rule, I try not to be the first guy or the last guy in anything.  Why should this be any different?

Given that you probably won't have the opportunity to train with your gear in Canada before you deploy, your first chance to really use it will probably be overseas.  Personally, thats the last place I'd want to be testing out gear from one of the lesser-known manufacturers.

At least with CP Gear, DS Tactical, or the stuff from One Shot you'll be going with more mainstream brands that are well reviewed and have been tested in combat.  It's one thing to do something new when you have the opportunity for trial and error, but in our current state I'd be following in the footsteps of those who have gone before me.

Make sure you can wear it... no kidding...

I just watched a kid spend $975 on kit at Full Spectrum gear (before taxes) and he can't use any of it...

He spent $450 on a rig that holds 15 mags - and he ended up being a C9 gunner
He spent $350 on an EOTech sight - and his unit SOP's directed all C9 gunners use the C7/9 sight or ACOG
He spent $175 on a sweet pistol-grip / bi-pod job - but the weapon already has a bipod and a pistol grip

We all gripe about the issued vest, ironically it is superior for the fact that it is that it's the only one we can train with.

So why is that?

Prototype said:
He spent $450 on a rig that holds 15 mags - and he ended up being a C9 gunner

Now - if he had bought a modular rig it would entail 60 bucks and 5 minutes to fix that - plus his rig is still good when he is issued a C7 again.

We all gripe about the issued vest, ironically it is superior for the fact that it is that it's the only one we can train with.

Not in my neck of the woods....

A description of the current issued tac-vest should never contain the word 'superior'. In my opinion, the word does not belong in the same paragraph or even on the same page. Unless it's used in some sarcastic capacity.

I'd stay Canadian made if I could, and the more widely used it has been will get you more acceptance later on when you want to use it. Not to mention that you'll be able to get it fixed easier if you only have to ship it back to the manufacturer via Canada Post.

Looks good to me, but I'd buy local. The TV is crap, and I am not the first to say it. I want to see us go to a modular TV and a better frag vest. It has to come from R&D in our system, until then, buy with caution, and look at the TOE before you  deploy to see what your job is. I understand that the task can change in a moment. When you carry a full battle load, and the vest can't hold even half without mods, you will look elsewhere. I have, but the NSE in its infinite wisdom said hell no. I had to suck it up.

Good luck.

Back