• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warning regarding Big Bad John (John Melvin Hill)

This all just reaffirms why I spend a lot less time on the internet these days. It's way too easy to pretend to be someone you're not.

Said he does it because of his "inadequacies".  Well,  at least that was probably the truth.  ::)

John Melvin Hill, you make me sick. You disgrace my Irish ancestory, you disgrace my Calgary roots and you are a disgrace to the entire human race. I hope that the rest of your life is long and fruitless, suffering many of the same things that you have put these poor women through. Moreover, I am disgusted that you would come in here, gain the trust of so many people here, lie to so many people here and to what end? So that you could bilk innocent people with your bullshit stories. In a quote befitting your alleged Irish background, I offer you this from the Irish rebel song Nell Flaherty's Drake:
May his pipe never smoke,
may his teapot be broke,
and to add to the joke
may his kettle not boil,
may he lay in the bed
'till the moment he's dead
may he always be fed on lob-scouse and fish oil,
may he swell with the gout,
may his grinders fall out,
may he roar, bawl and shout,
with the horrid toothache.
May his temples wear horns,
and all his toes corns,
The monster that is John Melvin Hill.
I hope that the rest of your life is long, pointless and fruitless, filled with the same pain and suffering which you have inflicted on others, you disgusting son of a bitch.

Edited to add: for all those interested, watch the segment here: http://www.ctv.ca/wfive Risky Business Part One

Just watched it.  Seems he has been a Conman for over thirty years now and has been convicted.  Was interesting to see that he was a guest on a Calgary morning TV show as a 'chef'. 

I thought that the W5 Crew really nailed him well in that Calgary street cafe.   I sort of chuckled at the list of degrees and accreditation's he passed off as having, and then said the RM paid for his education.  Not bad for a 6 year stint.

I do wonder how long his face will remain in the public eye though.  How soon will he find another woman or organization to prey on?  I do doubt he stayed in Calgary much after that engagement with the W5 Crew though.  Where is he now?

Take a boo at Irishlad6633.....

http://ballsinyourcourt.com/online_now.php?sex=M&page=39&SHOWNUM=16

Regards

W-FIVE: Risky Business

Updated Fri. Nov. 2 2007 11:07 AM ET

W-FIVE Staff

Liz Cole, who sought companionship online, speaks with W-FIVE.

John Hill became involved with Liz Cole and proposed marriage within weeks of their first Internet exchange.

From 1999 to 2005, Kolten Mastronardi met women on Internet-dating sites.

W-FIVE: Risky Business
Updated Fri. Nov. 2 2007 11:07 AM ET

W-FIVE Staff

Millions of Canadians use Internet-dating sites to look for love. Some find their mates, some find disappointment. And some find something far more dangerous - con artists and sex predators lurking in the shadows of cyberspace.

Last year, Liz Cole emerged from a nasty divorce and sought companionship online. It didn't take long to find her first suitor. His name was John Hill.

160_john_hill_071102.jpg

Hill said all the right things to Cole. And within weeks of their first Internet exchange, Hill proposed marriage. On the night before their engagement party, he asked Cole for a $1,200 down payment on a car. Cole told Hill that she didn't have that kind of money.

The next day, Hill didn't show up to their engagement party, leaving Cole and her daughters confused and distraught. Cole started to suspect that everything Hill had told her was a lie.

"You may not recognize it, but you know you're being victimized on some level - and I knew it."

What Cole didn't know yet was that Hill had a criminal history stretching back almost thirty years. He had multiple convictions for theft, fraud and assault.

While an online predator like John Hill strikes at the heart or the pocketbook, some strike to maim. One of the worst is Kolten Mastronardi.

From 1999 to 2005, Mastronardi met women on Internet-dating sites. He's been convicted in Ontario and British Columbia, of theft, extortion, assault and sexual assault, involving more than a dozen women he met online.

One woman was forced to have tattooed on her stomach, "Property of Kolten Mastronardi." Mastronardi told another woman that family tradition insisted that he strike her twenty times while she was stripped naked and tied down.

Mastronardi is now behind bars. The Crown Attorney has applied to have him declared a dangerous offender.

But Kolten Mastronardi and John Hill are not the only criminals cruising online dating sites. True.com is a Texas-based online dating company that conducts background screenings to keep criminals off its website. True.com says that it's turned away 35,000 people this year alone.

In the U.S., politicians like Florida's Rep. Kevin Ambler are pushing Internet-dating companies to post prominent warnings about online risks.

"You have people that are wearing their heart on their sleeves - they reveal all kinds of personal details about themselves," says Ambler. "This becomes a playground for predators to go in there and be able to mine that data."

Ambler's proposed law is being fought by the Internet-dating industry. But while Americans are at least debating legislation - in Canada, neither Ottawa nor the provinces are doing anything to pressure Internet-dating companies to increase their level of safety.

Which means there's no protection for those who're surfing for love from the likes of John Hill or Kolten Mastronardi.

Video of W5 can be seen here

dileas

tess

I was morbidally chuckling inside when they mentioned about selling off women's stuff.....somewhere in the CP I still have him selling stuff online in Ottawa when he was hanging around.

More info on him posing on ARRSE....goes by the name of cobhman.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=12711.html

It never ends....

Regards

Well.  I must admit, several of us did meet him in Ottawa at Darcy McGee's.  My first known face to face with a 'real' Con artist.  He did turn on the charm.  He did some very touching things for HitorMiss and the others when they returned from Afghanistan and were in hospital in Ottawa.  He got in good with the padre.  He really was something.  Warning Bells were going off during his stay here on Army.ca, and now we know why with the W5 exposee.

He can also be found here too:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/archive/index.php/t-22-p-115.html

The whole saga is very interesting indeed.

I got one on facebook.. but the profile is un-viewable... unless I add him as a friend. Nah...

But here is his friend's list... mostly girl...

The Facebook List

Sgt  Schultz said:
I got one on facebook.. but the profile is un-viewable... unless I add him as a friend. Nah...

But here is his friend's list... mostly girl...

The Facebook List

Hehe, I was half tempted to "add him", figuring he wouldn't pass up a chance to add another chick...but like you said....nah!

:boring:

9 Guests are viewing this topic

And you all know he is on here right now observing....Mayhaps we should just let it lie and not play into his delusions of importance.

I was one of the guests.  So you can count one out now.
I only log in when I have something to say or ask.  I read around first.

HitorMiss said:
9 Guests are viewing this topic

And you all know he is on here right now observing....Mayhaps we should just let it lie and not play into his delusions of importance.

A few are from Calgary, with that....

John....you reap what you sow.

That is definately alarming, kind of reminds me of a movie i once watched, Strangeland. you never know who you are going to meet or talk to online, and people like that give the net a bad name

Back