• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: P64 Webbing and Dewat/Deactivated FN

armybuck041

Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I'm looking for a few items to polish off displaying my recently restored M151A2.

I'm looking for a complete set of Pattern 64 Webbing. I've got some of the parts, but would love to build exactly whats in the photo below:
we64_set.jpg

Also looking for a Dewat/Deactivated FN. Not really concerned about its origin as long as it can be modded to appear very similar to a C1. I'd really like an SMG, but i've given up hope finding one this side of England.

Thanks

google is your friend

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-DEACTIVATED-FN-FAL-W0QQAdIdZ486616904

To be honest if it's just for display I'd go with an airsoft one for $400.00 rather than shell out $1200.

I really should have bought that whole barrel fuil of Indian Army FNs at Karls Guns 20 years ago at $75.00 each :not-again:

Danjanou said:
google is your friend

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-DEACTIVATED-FN-FAL-W0QQAdIdZ486616904

To be honest if it's just fopr display I'd go with an airsoft one for $400.00 rather than shell out $1200.

I really should have bought that whole barrel fuil of Indian Army FNs at Karls Guns 20 years ago at $75.00 each :not-again:

Hmmm.  Never really considered an Airsoft FN. Pretty good idea.

Still on the hunt for:

Yoke Strap,
Mess Tin Carrier,
Respirator Carrier,
Compass Carrier.

I think I have the yoke in the storage room.

armybuck041 said:
Hello Gents,

I'm looking for a few items to polish off displaying my recently restored M151A2.

I'm looking for a complete set of Pattern 64 Webbing. I've got some of the parts, but would love to build exactly whats in the photo below:
we64_set.jpg

Also looking for a Dewat/Deactivated FN. Not really concerned about its origin as long as it can be modded to appear very similar to a C1. I'd really like an SMG, but i've given up hope finding one this side of England.

Thanks

Sorry, I can't help you with your quest.
But maybe you could enlighten me on something. I used to own one of those small pouches shown on the right side of the photo, between the canteen and the compass pouch.  Never used it and can't remember how I ended up with it. What was the point of having the Velcro on the bottom?

myself.only said:
Sorry, I can't help you with your quest.
But maybe you could enlighten me on something. I used to own one of those small pouches shown on the right side of the photo, between the canteen and the compass pouch.  Never used it and can't remember how I ended up with it. What was the point of having the Velcro on the bottom?
Grenade pouch. Velcro don't believe any one knew what it was for

Located most things now.

Still looking for:

FN C1A1 Bayonet and Scabbard,
C3 Respirator,
Silva Ranger and Case.

Thanks

Scotty

myself.only said:

Supposedly, it was intended to hold a grenade launcher for the C1, though I never saw (much less used) such a piece of kit.

armybuck041 said:
Still looking for:

Silva Ranger and Case.

I have one, however there is an air bubble in the compass (still works though).

Blackadder1916 said:
Supposedly, it was intended to hold a grenade launcher for the C1, though I never saw (much less used) such a piece of kit.

No, the grenade launcher was too long for that pouch.  In TQ3, I fired smoke grenades (HC) and frag grenades from the end of a C1, the launcher was a little longer than the pouch, not including the grenade basket on the end of the launcher.  The launcher was fired with the C33 blank cartridge (if memory serves), flinging the grenade and the basket down range.  I have a whole series of pictures on the process with a HC smoke done by my PPCLI TQ3 instructor, MCpl Gibbons on 110mm film somewhere in my "I LOVE ME" Box. 

The grenade launcher was a thumb buster.  You held the rifle at angle with the butt on the ground and your firing side foot on the butt and your non-trigger hand on the forestock.  You used your firing hand thumb to hit the trigger without putting your thumb or finger in the trigger guard less the recoil carry the rifle and your thumb away from you.  My instructor said he saw a Sgt try to fire a C33 from the shoulder once and busted his shoulder permanently for his bravo.

We were told in TQ3 that 2 grenades M67 went put in the pouch and indeed on the trench clearing course we went through yearly, we put 2 M67s in there. 2 M67s being the personal load out along with 240ish 7.62 rounds (total of 4 mags and 2 bandoleers) and 1 smoke grenade (1 M72 for every other man in the section as well) for an infantryman firing the Soviets.

Edit
Just did a quick search, the gas plug was also turned around to force all gas up the barrel to launch grenade, I forgot that part!

Down to the short strokes now. Looking for the following:

FN C1A1 Bayonet and Scabbard, and
Silva Ranger or Brunton Compass.

There is a film on the British Pathe site showing the grenade launcher being fired on the "new L1A1 SLR" I think the clip is called "new rifle for the army"

armybuck041 said:
Down to the short strokes now. Looking for the following:

FN C1A1 Bayonet and Scabbard, and
Silva Ranger or Brunton Compass.

All items (save for the dewat FN or SMG) have been found.

Thanks

What I did was get a Indian L1A1 and have some Canadian parts added to it then dewated. total cost $50 and an old Enfield I had.

Back