• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: "Enhanced Combat Uniforms" for CAF

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
This from Canada's tendering site (online posting screen capture also attached in case link doesn't work):
The Department for National Defence has a requirement to purchase Trousers and Coat in Canadian Disruptive Pattern Temperate Woodland (CADPAT TW) which are to be manufactured in accordance with the Annexes B, C, D, E, F, G, patterns, drawings and sealed samples. one (1) pre-award sample of the Coat in size 7040 and one (1) pre-award sample of the Trousers in size 7034 and fabric sample CADPAT (TW), test results, the certificates of compliance must be included with the bid ...

Order #'s:  30K x shirts/"coats", 64.6K x pants
Date closing:  2016/10/11 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)

You can see the full uniform specs (designs, specs for cadpat & cloth, etc.) here, and I've attached the diagrams of the shirt/coat and pants.

Attachments

• JACKET-ECU--090730edt-aug-2016.pdf
    266.6 KB · Views: 401
  • pants-ECU-090730edt-aug-2016.pdf
    177.3 KB · Views: 224
  • ENHANCED COMBAT UNIFORM (W8486-163213_A) - Buyandsell.gc.ca.pdf
    36.8 KB · Views: 356
LunchMeat said:
What is the difference between the ones that are already out there?

It doesn't look like there are any, just that the CAF is ordering more of them. 

LunchMeat said:
What is the difference between the ones that are already out there?
Happy to be corrected, but I noted the "Mao collar" on the jacket with this batch, similar to this ...
170px-ACU2004-06-14.jpg

Are such collars already in the Canadian system?

milnews.ca said:
Happy to be corrected, but I noted the "Mao collar" on the jacket with this batch, similar to this ...
170px-ACU2004-06-14.jpg

Yes they are.  They're just usually folded down.

ICU.jpg

Dimsum said:
Yes they are.  They're just usually folded down.

ICU.jpg
I've only ever seen them folded down, in photos and on troops, looking like regular collars - thanks for that!

They got years of old stock in my size, so I don't think I will ever get the 'new' style.  I just got my kit, and the tunic/pants were new never worn 2006 dated =P

Vuhlkansu said:
They got years of old stock in my size, so I don't think I will ever get the 'new' style.  I just got my kit, and the tunic/pants were new never worn 2006 dated =P

You say that like it's a bad thing.

milnews.ca said:
And in the wash, the collar Velcro always attaches itself to the sleeve Velcro so that your shirt comes out in a big ball.

MCG said:
And in the wash, the collar Velcro always attaches itself to the sleeve Velcro so that your shirt comes out in a big ball.

Yup. Or attached to other clothes. I've had to start washing my uniforms separately.

Back