• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

wanted Bush jacket

onecat

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Canadian Army Bush Jacket size 44 and maybe the pants as well in size 34.

Thanks

the Bush jacket was used between 45-the early 60's.  Its like the the combat shirt but made of heavier cotton and is in a different design.  I would add a pic but can't seem to figure out how that works.

This is my first post, so bear with me. I have not completed a profile, but enlisted as an 18-year old gunner in 1957. The army soon realized I would never make a soldier and commissioned me in 1961. Having been retired for ten years, I have agonized over the decline over the forces from the outside. Believe me, it still hurts.

As for the bush uniform, the cadet uniform is based on the jacket, but I can't speak about the pants. I have a couple of size 30 pants at home and, I think, a size 38 jacket along with the infamous bush hat. The last item had a neck flap that fastened up with a pair of snaps and looked like the Second World War Japanese cap. Warning - they all have shrunk over the years as I can no longer get into them. Funny thing, my poncho still fits.

Can't remember. Cadets still wore the pants at Vernon Cadet Camp when I was there(1972-1977)
The fabric was heavy and took a lot of starch and steam and elbow grease to press.But the creases stayed in

...Brown wool and itchy as hell right? if the pocket pattern is similar to the CF Greens and wombat shirts and they have small brown buttons with a button half way up the sleeve on either side, designed so you can roll them up. I have one, I will get you a picture.

Wasn't wool.That was Battledress.Wore that as a cadet as well.This stuff was similar to denim

I have seen the odd one listed on E-bay but not lately.If you want you could get a repo from say (King and County Reproduction).
For those who want to see what  bush dress looks like you could go to www.canadiansoldiers.com
They were use by Canadians that served in Italy was well in Korean war.

Back