• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Want to sign up for a Vehicle Technician, but I have some questions....

question5.0

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I am a fourth year university student finishing up my final months in a Sociology B.A Honors. Part time work has led me to an automotive garage for the last five years as well as taken up my personal interest in racing. I love working on anything automotive, and really enjoy the tactical side of the army too, so being a vehicle technician seems like the perfect job for me. With that said, I do have some questions. First off, does my vehicle training in the Army,allow me to apply and write my tests to become a certified automotive or diesel mechanic? Does my university credentials put me at an advantage from a pay grid perspective? Besides deployment, how likely is a vehicle technician to stay/ live in a particular location for? What are the work hours like? Any advice or tips you have when applying for this job? I will be going to a recruitment center soon to get some more information, but I figured I’d ask you, the vehicle technicians, and see what your thoughts are. Thanks so much for your time! :)

question5.0 said:
Does my university credentials put me at an advantage from a pay grid perspective?

Your degree will be of no advantage, as it is not an engineering degree, which would be a requirement for EME Officer. And doubly so as you are considering an NCM trade rather than an officer position.

As for the rest, use the search function, as there are several threads covering each of your questions.

There is little on this site that hasn't already been asked and answered with respect to military life.

Back