• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

dapaterson said:
Why does no one ever Walt about spending 25 years in NDHQ in staff positions of ever increasing irrelevance?  The community is so large that one more person pretending to be from there would never be noticed.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.  Power Point presentations without end. I attended countless meetings with innumerable other staff officers.  All those moments will be lost in time, like hours...writing....PERs.  Time to retire."

;D

dapaterson said:
Why does no one ever Walt about spending 25 years in NDHQ in staff positions of ever increasing irrelevance?  The community is so large that one more person pretending to be from there would never be noticed.

Yeah it would look like this...

Yeah, I worked at  Director Human Rights and Diversity for a number of chaotic years.  I was deep the in the *hit working on DAOD 5516-0. I once even briefed ADM(HR-Civ) without PowerPoint and, although it is hard to believe, some of the CMP staff the following day where they questioned my policy integration reccomendations with the most recent updates to A-PM-007-000/FP-001, Harassment Prevention and Resolution Guidelines! I even earned a DG commendation for input into the Defence Ethics Programme and my green envelope stuffing for the Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign.

I know what you are thinking... I am full of BS... nobody could have a career like this... but wait, it get better after DHRD I got a transfer over to the elite Director Pay Policy and Development 3... I was going to go on jump course, but I got a more valuable NDHQ / CAF qualification, Grievance Analyst while working in that shop.  One day, I even came in on a Saturday morning because my Blackberry was down... those were some crazy times. Buy me a beer?

---
MC

MedCorps said:
It is not in the Scope of Practice for a CAF Medical Laboratory Technologist to insert a chest tube or do an emergency tracheotomy.

It is not in a Med Tech Scope of Practice to insert a chest tube or do an emergency tracheotomy, unless they are qualified and employed as a Special Operations Medical Technician.

A Med A is not authorized any surgical airway interventions. A QL4 Med A can do a needle decompression on operations if required. 

A QL5A Med Tech can do a cricothyroidotomy +/- transtracheal block on operations if required and a needle decompression in any  prehospital environment (including outside of operations) if required.

I hope that helps clear up scope of practice.

MC

Well, yes and no. Prior to deployment on ROTO 6 all OTW medics were required to pass the two week tac-med course. This included both med techs and med As.  IIRC there were two med-As in OTW role 1 positions and  individual was one of them. Med-a or med tech, ql3 or ql5, there was no distinction on who could perform crics or needle decompression. The delegated medical authority for this came from the task force surgeon and his role 1 OC. Chest tubes were not part of the scope of practice for any medic, but some were able to perform them under the guidance of an MO or PA. B-Rod was not one of them. Nor did he cric anyone, get shot, or put anyone in a body bag. 

Fair enough... I was speaking about Scope of Practice of the now (2013 onward).  It did not account for pre-2013 in theatre authorizations which were ad hoc at the best of times and varied Roto to Roto. 

MC

Needle decompression and cricothyroidotomy are a far cry from chest tubes and tracheotomy. The first two were scope, the second two most definitely not.

Posted under his name on the popular social media page:

I will like to take this opportunity to Apologize for having in proper medal and pin on my blazer. These have been corrected and will never happen again so help me God. I am apologizing if I offended any one I very sorry. God bless

MedCorps said:
One day, I even came in on a Saturday morning because my Blackberry was down...

Was that the Saturday it rained? I think I remember that.

ModlrMike said:
Maybe someone could encourage him to post a pic of the awards he 'believes' he's actually earned.

See if that lines up with his records and the collective memory.

....or is this just a case of 'I got called on bling A and B, so I'll lose those until people forget.'

Journeyman said:
Maybe someone could encourage him to post a pic of the awards he 'believes' he's actually earned.

See if that lines up with his records and the collective memory.

....or is this just a case of 'I got called on bling A and B, so I'll lose those until people forget.'

That makes it sound rather "Hillary Clintonish".

ModlrMike said:

Which social media page? I feel a bit out of the loop (feel free to PM if not for public consumption).

I can state with certainty that MCpl (Ret'd) Rodriguez:

a.  Does not have jump wings, at all;
b.  Never deployed to Cyprus as part of the UN mission;
c.  Did not do 'three tours' in Afghanistan - he did two, and was returned home early from his second tour for 'issues'. This might explain why he has only one bar on the Campaign Star;
d.  Does not have both the Sacrifice Medal and Wound Stripe;
e.  Was not shot in the leg; and
f.  Has done this before, and been called out on it.

He has also previously claimed to be: a member of a South American royal family (not sure which of the oh so many...), a multi-millionaire, a PhD in Psychology, and the proud owner of a huge yacht. It got to the point that troops were calling him 'Lord Byron'.

More recently he has been Walting in Battleford - on 18 May 2014.  Look up http://battlefordsdailynews.com/afghan-war-vet-from-hafford-says-canadians-made-a-positive-difference-there/

I didn't realize he had put 12 of his friends into body bags! That's quite an impressive number.

Even his Sacrifice Medal could be considered dubious - a 12 year old throwing a rock doesn't really count as enemy action. And if I am correct, attribution to enemy action is  key criteria for the SM, otherwise they would be handing out hundreds for all of the serious OSI/PTSD cases actually diagnosed, as well as vehicle accidents in theatre, etc. That said, he was awarded the SM.

He has apologized on Facebook, but seeing as how this isn't the first time he has been caught at this game, I doubt he will stop.

I am hoping someone contacts that newspaper and they write 'an apology' to their readers for the mis-information on the individual in question.  ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
I am hoping someone contacts that newspaper and they write 'an apology' to their readers for the mis-information on the individual in question.  ;D

I would hope they try doing some real journalism and double check and confirm all the information, and then publish the results. The original story stinks, but it has to be debunked (forgive me for this because I tend to believe what is being posted here) by more than internet posts.

Staff Weenie said:
He has apologized on Facebook, but seeing as how this isn't the first time he has been caught at this game, I doubt he will stop.

Forgive me Lord, for I got caught!  :)

Ugh.....

I've heard about this guy before..... Nothing good either.....

What's sad is how on the CF Facebook page the number of idiots actually DEFENDING this clown for LYING about his service.....

ModlrMike said:
My BS alarm is sounding off to the point of being deafening.

Some commentary from Calgarians:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?s=54e7572c2b1aebcc5ea6dd09aeb711ec&t=133728

Hello
My name is Tom.
I was very upset to see this post about a man who has done so much for society eve though he is disabled.
He has volunteered providing food for the homeless, raising money for the needy,  in his spare time he rebuilds computers for underprivileged families and more.
Even when his house burnt down he still wanted to give to society

https://www.facebook.com/PUPS-PCs-for-Under-Privileged-Students-775190665895329/

https://www.facebook.com/YYCStartingover/

http://www.660news.com/2015/06/06/local-man-who-lost-home-wants-to-continue-helping-others-start-over/

All you links on that post are from 2010-11  when he was much healthier , but still in the early stages.
He only entered the wheelchair 4 years ago and had fought like hell to get out and stay out of it.
The donation site he built , it explained the story of his life with disease only so others could understand how it can affect people and drastically change ones views and circumstance, 
He wasn't asking for money for himself, rather asking that donations be made to the LIBIN CARDIO VASCULAR Research Institute, all links went to their donation page.
Also in his days of acting he said he played an army medic , and with the amount of injuries he has had to fix himself he may as well have been one.
I know for Certain,

He is an Ordained Minister, with title Reverend , a Dr of Metaphysics,and  a Doctor Of Divinity.

He is one of the kindest most caring individuals on this planet.

I think this man with all he does for humanity should be given a break.

Sincerely
Tom B

I have a friend who's son worked on a film with him and checking on his legitimacy in her eyes at least.  May take awhile.

TomTomb said:
I know for Certain,
He is an Ordained Minister, with title Reverend , a Dr of Metaphysics, and  a Doctor Of Divinity.

Certainty is good. It's also scarce...justifiably.  As noted two years ago when all this started being posted, purchasing an 'Ordination' and calling oneself "Reverend" is too easy.  :boring:

As for a Doctorate -- no wait, there's more; act now and you can get TWO Doctorates -- I have a bit of heartache with this.  Searching various academic fora, using his name and either  of those claimed Doctorates, comes up with absolutely nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.

Now given his claimed background as a Medic & sniper, plus with those three claimed honorifics, he can quite likely manipulate time and space in a manner that we lowly humans cannot imagine -- even the Dr Who, Looper, or Marty McFly fans.  But that's still a lot of internet 1s and 0s to make simply disappear.

So until anyone comes forward with credible proof to the contrary, I'll stand by my "that's BS; he's a poser."

I am however, sorry to hear of your disappointment. Apparently that's a recurring theme in life.  The sources of our suffering are knowable, and we really should do something about it.  < -- Buddha (paraphrased). He never had any Doctorates though; who are you going to believe?

Old Sweat said:
I would hope they try doing some real journalism and double check and confirm all the information, and then publish the results. The original story stinks, but it has to be debunked (forgive me for this because I tend to believe what is being posted here) by more than internet posts.

What's worse is that his "stories" have been captured for future generations to hear and even end up at a museum.

Rodriguez, who recently retired from the military and now works for the City of North Battleford, was happy to tell his story for Cameron's camera. He was interviewed for over an hour on Friday afternoon.

"I think it's wonderful," said Rodriguez, who hopes telling his story will educate people on an issue important to those who served in Afghanistan - the issue of post-traumatic stress disorder.

"We have to talk about it, we have to let people know about what we went through, and hopefully they will be more understanding when it comes to PTSD," said Rodriguez.

"That's the big issue we have, that people, because they don't see an injury, they don't see something physical, they don't realize there are other injuries."

Rodriguez is quick to point out, however, people in the Battlefords have been very accepting and understanding of the issue. "That's what we need, people to accept us for what we have done."

- See more at: http://www.newsoptimist.ca/news/local-news/veterans-voices-of-canada-in-town-for-more-stories-from-veterans-1.1559088#sthash.tD1LpQYe.dpuf

TomTomb said:
Hello
My name is Tom.
I was very upset to see this post about a man who has done so much for society eve though he is disabled.

Life's full of disappointments; get used to it. I stand by my remarks.

Back