• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Retired AF Guy said:
To work with any youth group, including cadets, don't you have to go through a background check?

No, you don't.

Are you supposed to?  Most likely for 99% of the groups out there, yes.  But recently in the past few years it has come to light that these checks are not always being performed. 

RDJP said:
They said something similar to that at the end of the very first video linked.  I probably stated it wrong - couldn't be bothered, and quite frankly they're not worth it, to go back and watch it again to quite it verbatim.

You did not state it wrong. Sir Captain Canada Airborne Jumper of Cheeseburgers, OC, SMV, MMV, MMM, CD7, ESQ. definitely says they are "as good or better" than real soldiers.  ::)

EDITED: For punctuation.

PJGary said:
You did not state it wrong. Sir Captain Canada Airborne Jumper of Cheeseburgers, OC, SMV, MMV, MMM, CD7, ESQ. definitely says they are "as good or better" than real soldiers.  ::)

EDITED: For punctuation.

Similar to my kids; they'll take bad attention over no attention. Every redirect to Major W. Mittys UTube videos  potentially leads him to $ sponsorship; part of the irony from the original Walt > attention to 6th cheese burger group. With that I'm outta this one and have a great day.

If anyone is in Lake Oswego, Oregon - please get me a t-shirt  :)
http://www.waltermittys.com/index.php

Actually for most activities that involve children now you are required to have a background check. When i coached my daughters softball team i had to submit a form for the RCMP to the coordinator of the league for our area. However what could have happened is that as the individual was passing himself off as a member of the Reg Force and apparently was convincing enough to fool the CO of the Cadet unit, they may have simply not bothered. It does happen when you have military working for military. It's not right, but it does happen. Within our own little community (CF), we tend to trust each other more than the average citizen would.

As far as the airsofters are  concerned, i'm sure that if a group of guys from the Patricia's or some Royals, maybe say a number that was approximately the size of say a section were to invite these monkeys to a freindly little game. All in good fun of course, they could maybe take them to school on what it looks like when a group of professionals get out there and have to do the job. Oh and take some video for the rest of us.  >:D

Marc

Retired AF Guy said:
Just curious. One of the 6 CBG posters mentioned that this guy was working with cadets. To work with any youth group, including cadets, don't you have to go through a background check?

To add to another posters comments, a background check is required, typically in the form of a CPIC from the local police. This only will verify that "Mr. Bloggins has had a criminal record check done, and no convictions are present"

Very few agencies actually delve into ones life, or require more than one or two personal references if that.

Those of us who do play the game, and I do, enjoy it for what it is. Its like paintball but its supposed to be more on the honor system. Do we take it too far? Yea definitely but thats usually the fun. We toss pyro at each other, I own an ML, iltis, CUCV and get them involved. Had a helicopter run insertions once. We do typically gear up, my team wears for instance the marpat and hosts its own patch. We do wear the ciris vests obviously without the armor to carry us through the almost 24 hour games. They carry our water, mags and other quick kit just fine. It comes down to 'what else would you wear' to an event like that. All the guns are 1:1 including the mags, your going in the bush so cam is a plus if your trying to actually do anything productive in your game. I think the fine line is wearing something thats an actual issued uniform imo.

We have lots of CF members who play but all the legit guys seem to migrate our way. I guess they get what they need out of the games. Typically we try to host longer little op's, over night and with objectives to fulfill and what have you. Hell we get Rick Volpato out. Mr Closetalk will never stop soldiering even if the CF says he's done, so I guess he can fulfill his need cam up grab a rifle and go hunt some 6th Cheese Burger Gobblers (until they cry and quit) for wearing HIS maroon berets.

Personally having no spleen disabled me to join the reg-force CF when I tried in 1999. This is something that I will always regret and with the friends I seem to keep something I was meant to do. Airsoft I guess is my way of hitting the field like I always dreamed of when I was a wee lad. I fund raised for Jim Seggie's car project on a few occasions now and one donation to wounded warrior. So we try to keep the SUPPORT OUR TROOPS element to our 'sport'.

These guys have been outed by pretty much every organized faction of airsoft in the country. I saw this crap storm brewin' and they deserve all they get for the things they have said and done. I'll just note that they wear dress uniforms to public places as well. They also went to boston pizza restaurant with full combat dress and berets after an event whereas the rest of us changed to 'civi's' (we likely still had the green eyebrows.) We thought it fair after the tough day they had losing every objective to us and a horribly failed section attack attempt which caused the eventual quitting of the game because it was too hot and too far to walk to their camp that we'd refresh them with a round of shirley temples. They made the waitress come to the lounge and deliver a message for us to 'f ourselves' yet they downed the tasty drinks none the less as we shared our game stories over a few brews.

Of course this is all just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post Davin.

Sorry to hear you couldn't join the CF, I get the feeling you would have did well. 

I'm one of the first guys to poke fun at how crazy some of the airsofters can be but on the other hand, you're having fun doing the same kinda stuff a lot of us joined the CF to do- without the bullshit like what we're dealing with in the benefits thread.

Some CF dudes will take umbrage over it, others won't care.

From what I've picked up over the years a lot of you guys are really good at policing your own and when someone goes too far you do what you can to sort them out.

Regarding the cadets, if I was a parent who had a child in that cadet corps I would be at the COs house asking why some nutcase was volunteering with children without a backround check. This story could have had a much worse ending.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Regarding the cadets, if I was a parent who had a child in that cadet corps I would be at the COs house asking why some nutcase was volunteering with children without a backround check. This story could have had a much worse ending.

A police background check isn't going to pick up that he's a pretend Soldier AFAIK,  just if he has any convictions,  etc    But,  I believe for a CF member to work with the Cadets they also need a letter/approval from their unit.  So either the Cadet unit didn't ask or pursue it,  or he faked a letter or something.

-Skeletor- said:
A police background check isn't going to pick up that he's a pretend Soldier AFAIK,  just if he has any convictions,  etc    But,  I believe for a CF member to work with the Cadets they also need a letter/approval from their unit.  So either the Cadet unit didn't ask or pursue it,  or he faked a letter or something.

Right. I meant backround check as both a police check (which may very well have been done) but also backround of military service. 
Checking that;
1. He is an actual serving member and,
2. He does not have any disciplinary, alcohol, drug or raging PTSD issues.

Part of one RAF blogger's take on walts....
.... This really, really, pisses me off. Really. Military people put up with a lot, but the last thing they should have to put up with is people stealing their good name and using it to prey on the unsuspecting who only want to help or meet real military personnel.

Speaking of that…and returning to the subject of sex. It’s a fact that there are people who like men (and women) in uniform. Hey! Life’s rich pageant! I could tell stories that…but I won’t…but the reason for this blog post today is that I have been affected by Walting this week.

Someone, a Walt, used my picture on a dating site. I received a Direct Message on twitter from someone who followed me asking if I was using a dating site. I wasn’t. I am not. The messenger went on to say that someone had contacted her on a dating site ‘flirting’ with her, using a picture that she recognised. My old Twitter picture. The dead-ally hardcore one of me, taken by a military photographer in Afghanistan, just before I was going out on a patrol. Tooled up. Helmet, body armour, combats, rifle.

Now, I posted on Twitter about this and got the expected response – outrage and anger – at the Walt, but I also got something I didn’t expect. Several saying that they thought it must be a compliment.

But I don’t see it as that. I see it as some sad wannabe who is pretending to be something he isn’t in the hope of meeting people for sex. And then when he DOES meet the poor victims, what does he expect to happen? When someone who DOESN’T look like me (and he should think he is lucky that he doesn’t really) stands in front of a woman and says ‘here I am, oh, THAT picture? Well, yeah I know it’s not me, but we are here now and so…’

What could happen next? At best the woman would leave, at worst…the very worst could happen…and I will leave that to your imagination.

So a sad Walt pretending to be a member of the military isn’t an honour. It’s not a compliment. It’s just bloody infuriating. It’s stealing. It’s stealing everything that being in the military stands for ....

charlietango said:
These guys have been outed by pretty much every organized faction of airsoft in the country.  I saw this crap storm brewin' and they deserve all they get for the things they have said and done.  I'll just note that they wear dress uniforms to public places as well.  They also went to boston pizza restaurant with full combat dress and berets after an event whereas the rest of us changed to 'civi's' (we likely still had the green eyebrows.)  We thought it fair after the tough day they had losing every objective to us and a horribly failed section attack attempt which caused the eventual quitting of the game because it was too hot and too far to walk to their camp that we'd refresh them with a round of shirley temples.  They made the waitress come to the lounge and deliver a message for us to 'f ourselves' yet they downed the tasty drinks none the less as we shared our game stories over a few brews. 

Davin MacRae
Winnipeg
Those bunch of clowns, from all account it seems, ARE a bunch of clowns.  The kind of idiots that make my blood boil.

However, they sound like about 1/2 the Cpls and Ptes I know.  Sure, some of them have put in a little effort but too many just want to "play" soldier. (Maybe 1/2 is pushing it)

Then there's the rest of the army douches that may have the soldiers skills and have sweated it out a few times, but they're institutionalized morons who think civis should bow in their presence.  The kind of guys you see at the mall at 2200 hrs still in uniform.  Since starting to work in a non-military town I've had to make a point of not forgetting civis so I don't feel like a conspicous dork walking through Canadian Tire in uniform on my way home.

charlietango said:
Those of us who do play the game, and I do, enjoy it for what it is.  Its like paintball but its supposed to be more on the honor system.    Do we take it too far?  Yea definitely but thats usually the fun.  We toss pyro at each other, I own an ML, iltis, CUCV and get them involved.  Had a helicopter run insertions once.  We do typically gear up, my team wears for instance the marpat and hosts its own patch.  We do wear the ciris vests obviously without the armor to carry us through the almost 24 hour games.  They carry our water, mags and other quick kit just fine.  It comes down to 'what else would you wear' to an event like that.  All the guns are 1:1 including the mags, your going in the bush so cam is a plus if your trying to actually do anything productive in your game.  I think the fine line is wearing something thats an actual issued uniform imo. 

We have lots of CF members who play but all the legit guys seem to migrate our way.  I guess they get what they need out of the games.  Typically we try to host longer little op's, over night and with objectives to fulfill and what have you.  Hell we get Rick Volpato out.  Mr Closetalk will never stop soldiering even if the CF says he's done, so I guess he can fulfill his need cam up grab a rifle and go hunt some 6th Cheese Burger Gobblers (until they cry and quit) for wearing HIS maroon berets. 

Personally having no spleen disabled me to join the reg-force CF when I tried in 1999.  This is something that I will always regret and with the friends I seem to keep something I was meant to do.  Airsoft I guess is my way of hitting the field like I always dreamed of when I was a wee lad.  I fund raised for Jim Seggie's car project on a few occasions now and one donation to wounded warrior.  So we try to keep the SUPPORT OUR TROOPS element to our 'sport'. 

These guys have been outed by pretty much every organized faction of airsoft in the country.  I saw this crap storm brewin' and they deserve all they get for the things they have said and done.  I'll just note that they wear dress uniforms to public places as well.  They also went to boston pizza restaurant with full combat dress and berets after an event whereas the rest of us changed to 'civi's' (we likely still had the green eyebrows.)  We thought it fair after the tough day they had losing every objective to us and a horribly failed section attack attempt which caused the eventual quitting of the game because it was too hot and too far to walk to their camp that we'd refresh them with a round of shirley temples.  They made the waitress come to the lounge and deliver a message for us to 'f ourselves' yet they downed the tasty drinks none the less as we shared our game stories over a few brews. 

Davin MacRae
Winnipeg
Also, let me say you seem like a pretty stand up guy and I appreciate you're insight.  I was ready to bang on all airsofters and label them but you were able to overcome my rashness and make me take a step back.

DirtyDog said:
Those bunch of clowns, from all account it seems, ARE a bunch of clowns.  The kind of idiots that make my blood boil.

However, they sound like about 1/2 the Cpls and Ptes I know.  Sure, some of them have put in a little effort but too many just want to "play" soldier. (Maybe 1/2 is pushing it)

Then there's the rest of the army douches that may have the soldiers skills and have sweated it out a few times, but they're institutionalized morons who think civis should bow in their presence.  The kind of guys you see at the mall at 2200 hrs still in uniform.  Since starting to work in a non-military town I've had to make a point of not forgetting civis so I don't feel like a conspicous dork walking through Canadian Tire in uniform on my way home.
I forgot to mention the dudes, and the non-infantry, non-combat ones get me the most but they are no more/less guilty, that think that because they are in the Army they can outshoot and outfight anyone, including cops.

Rick Volpato? I have not seen him in many years. Is he sane enough to remember air soft is not real? Just kidding.
Glad to see some maybe most airsofters treat it exactly for what it is, a game.

Sigs Pig said:
A different post on the picture here.

Then I found the posers in a video here, courtesy of the Courier Mail. Enjoy the rest of the video, they know haw to parade!  :salute:

Attachment from the video

ME
JA%20and%20GE%20Hines%20JPG.jpg

Remember these two clowns? They are the Hines brothers. Thanks to work done by ANZMI the Hines Brothers were raided by State Police today and have been charged with offences under the Defence Act. They will appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Wednesday, 10th October 2012.
If you haven't already done so, you should read their story at http://www.anzmi.net/hines/hines.html

News just in  http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/qld-men-charged-with-impersonating-diggers/story-e6freono-1226482491356?sv=2969f90972342b1dc1972c295f1c1113

Hopefully they won't just get a slap on the wrist.

More astounding comments from the Hines twins

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/charged-false-servicemen-claim-secretive-past-20120927-26nsc.html

dodger39 said:
More astounding comments from the Hines twins

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/charged-false-servicemen-claim-secretive-past-20120927-26nsc.html

Two different cuts of jacket, two different styles of pants, 2 different styles of boots/shoes, and isn't M.A.S.K. something out of the GI Joe cartoon? Unbelievable... I'd like to hear the Aussie Gov't release a statement saying that they're going to allow a Third Party Investigation of their documents to prove that no such organization was ever created, nor supported.

Uh oh.  They may not live to see trial.  They're about to spill the beans on M.A.S.K. in open court. :-X

PrairieThunder said:
Two different cuts of jacket, two different styles of pants, 2 different styles of boots/shoes, and isn't M.A.S.K. something out of the GI Joe cartoon? Unbelievable... I'd like to hear the Aussie Gov't release a statement saying that they're going to allow a Third Party Investigation of their documents to prove that no such organization was ever created, nor supported.

That's the beauty of this though, when the Aussie Government failse to launch said third party inverstigation, or acknowledge the existance of MASK, the Hines brothers will simply point out just how uber secret under the radar the unit is and therefore no one can question their "service" in it. They've taken Walting to a new level.

I'm off to write up my service in the elite Canadian Cold War unit TOQUE (Tactical Observation Quality Undercover Experts) and then off to eBay to find my medals and other boy scout badges.

Danjanou said:
That's the beauty of this though, when the Aussie Government failse to launch said third party inverstigation, or acknowledge the existance of MASK, the Hines brothers will simply point out just how uber secret under the radar the unit is and therefore no one can question their "service" in it. They've taken Walting to a new level.
This is beginning to sound like an episode of "Sherlock" - thanks for sharing the latest, dodger39.

Back