• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

The Artillery used to train the OP's and techs with a 14.5mm training device which mimicked a 105mm scaled down . Calling it a howitzer would have been a stretch.

Colin P said:
The Artillery used to train the OP's and techs with a 14.5mm training device which mimicked a 105mm scaled down . Calling it a howitzer would have been a stretch.

I called the piece of crap many things over the years. Howitzer was not one of them!!

Walt Alert:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.260509920713233.54416.260504527380439&type=3

fraserdw said:
Walt Alert:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.260509920713233.54416.260504527380439&type=3

Wow! hahah The comments really tear him a new one.. Hopefully he gets a nice knock on his door from the men in blue.

Another one

DId anyone know that the Marines had a female LTC Infantry?

http://iedwounds6duringnightpatrolmarjah.blogspot.ca/

And the truth:

http://pownetwork.org/horv/horv_837.htm

fraserdw said:
Walt Alert:

Wow. And still going. Now with Ghaddafi, David Duke and a whole host of other infamous names. Trollfest

I browsed around in this tread for my personal encounter with a poser. Well, I don't know if I'd call him a poser but a......very......odd individual.

I remember meeting this individual (not by choice, mind you) when I was in first year university. At first, this fella seemed nice enough, but he had a definite fixation on joining the CF. At the time, I was freshly into the CF and I fielded his questions the best I could. This guy was more than a few cans short of a six pack, to say the least. I recall one day, he was really excited about writing his CFAT and going to the interview with the recruiting officer. This young man had a very pressing question that he just had to ask. Upon hearing the question, I strongly advised him not to ask it, but he decided to go ahead anyways. It seems that this individual had a bit of a sword fetish, and he had apparently asked the recruiting officer that should he be selected to serve, if he could bring two katanas into battle. I could only imagine the officers' response. Prior to the interview, I had tried repeatedly (albeit unsuccessfully) to tell this individual that you simply cannot bring katanas into battle and that the Army is very different than some martial-arts/samurai movie. Needless to say, this individual was *livid*. By that time, I had grown use to him sucker punching me every time I swore, no katanas made this......individual.....a very unhappy camper. I saw little of him after he was presumably rejected by the recruiter, lest for one chaotic night where he made the mistake of picking a fight with four (no typo here!) linebackers on the grounds that he would be bringing his swords.......Following his unsurprising defeat, he began to make claims that he was in the CF and that he would be bringing his "Military Issue" Savage .22-250 (I think....) that was only issued to "Advance Kill Teams"  ::).  Considering the guy appeared to never have had a haircut, he just looked (and talked) like some backwoods "survivalist". The funny part was that there were two CF members in that crowd, myself included, and while I may be out of the Army now, I take great offense to fakers/posers/wannabes/walts as did the other CF member that was present for this idiot threatening us with his hunting rifle. Long story short, in addition to getting the tar kicked out of him, his death threats with weapons spooked a lot of people so he ended up having to answer to our friends in blue and getting an all expenses paid trip to the city lockup.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of the "MASK. Special Forces - Commandos".  Supposedly They  were  some American special photo-recon unit which in Vietnam went in ahead of everybody else. Can anyone verify that such a unit existed. I cannot find any reference to this unit on the net.

Maybe a photo of the uniform being worn may jog some ones memory. I've blocked out the faces until I can get an answer as to whether the unit existed.

The second medal in from the left may be an Australian vietnam service medal...

Of course, I'm far from an expert on any sort of insignia, but given that nothing else on the uniform appears to be Australian.... you may have a walt.

Thanks, both these blokes are wearing Australian Medals and given that their uniforms appear to be distinctly American plus the bloke on the right has got that many ribbons it's not funny. Both these characters turned up after this years ANZAC Day March. they said they were from a photo recon unit (as I said in my 2nd post) Things just don't add up though. Why are they wearing Aussie medals. Possibly they're wannabees. The unit name is certainly not aussie nor the gear they're wearing. Thought I'd ask here if anyone had heard of the unit. Thanks for your input.

Walts. US rank insignia is worn with the tip of the chevrons pointing up.Plus the stripes are alot larger than the actual US SGT insignia.. The insignia on the lapels are not American either.

US SF Branch Insignia - Officer

1830efdeddc9be356d627f588440cd60

Enlisted:

be368group.jpg

The guy on the right is wearing (Aus) 1 CDO Regt hat and lapel badges, plus what looks like Portuguese (metal) COMMANDO shoulder flashes.

Jungle -- my guess would be the curved "AUSTRALIA" epallette pin, rather than Port-a-geese.
tomahawk6 -- I read the post, not as them claiming to be USSF, but that they were Aussies who'd served in some high-speed, ninja SOF unit in Vietnam.

OK, certainly an interesting assortment of badges........ dodger39, you'd be more likely to recognize the Aussie badges and whether they're legitimate.

But here's what I see:

One's wearing a uniform tunic, the other a sports jacket. Never heard of "MASK. SPECIAL FORCES," and the shoulder badge doesn't look common to any ABCA countries. Both wearing USMC jump wings. The black shirts and sand ties are a nice touch -- "dark of night.... SAS" ...and all that

The guy closest to the camera:
- Australian 1 Cdo cap badge/collar dog
- The Sgt stripe looks home-made and that's one kick-ass aguillette
- For his undress ribbons, 5th row up on our right is the US military Vietnam Service Medal, while the top left one is a UK Campaign Medal
- My best guess is that the medals are actual Aussie medals, although the first one, which I think is the Australian Active Service Medal -- I thought they were issued with a VN bar; his has none. The fourth medal is the US Army Cross of Gallantry (VN), with oak leaf for multiple awards.

It looks like a Pioneer Badge on his sleeve, but I don't know of any country that uses a double-bit axe as their symbol.

If only because everything about these two scream "POSER!"......the only potentially interesting thing in the pic is the blonde off his left shoulder.  ;)

Beat me to it T6...though because of the angle, thought the guy in the foreground had Israeli ones instead...

The fellow closest to the camera is wearing the proper Army Green Uniform which is only now being phased out.
Medicineman - Both are similar

Israeli Parachute Badge

1_14e3f712a665b22464b9aa5e6cbfc69b.jpg

Back