• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Did, my understanding is that everything went off the rails after WW2.  Before that they were a well trained private para-military organization dedicated to keeping the horsed cavalry role alive.

Considering in the old days regiments were raised by private subscription and armouries built with private funds, so I can see why the idea lingers.

Well it has definitely passed, I think the LDSH and the RCMP do a better job at keeping military horsemenship alive.  The few LOF that own horses and ride rearely do more than a standard tourist trail ride, no tactics, no drill and combat practice.  They would be better off dumping the medals and becoming a riding club like the Halifax Bengal Lancers.

Marketing themselves as reenactors doing the NWMP or CMR would be more interesting and more respectable.

Lightguns said:
The few LOF that own horses and ride rearely do more than a standard tourist trail ride.....
Sounds like someone is pretty familiar with the dress-up brigade.  :whistle:

....and all this time, I thought Danjanou was their only "insider" here.   >:D

Journeyman said:
Sounds like someone is pretty familiar with the dress-up brigade.  :whistle:

....and all this time, I thought Danjanou was their only "insider" here.   >:D

You're just jealous of my rack dude  8)

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ericbush/FOREIGN/OTHERS/LoF.html

Colin P said:
Marketing themselves as reenactors doing the NWMP or CMR would be more interesting and more respectable.

Ack that, even if they went out and re-enacted what imperial mounted scouts did and stopped the medals parade it would improve things.  I noticed on one site that there is a PPCLI member pictured as a member, wonder if he knows it?

Lightguns said:
...  I noticed on one site that there is a PPCLI member pictured as a member, wonder if he knows it?

See who the self appointed leader of the Waltenkommando here in Ontario is and now understand why I brought them (The LOF) up in the first place  >:D

And another imposter posing a picture saying he just returned from Kandahar with his troops on Reddit.  I know the guy in the picture and he does not do Reddit, and also the picture dates from 2011.  Some people's kids...

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/1xkd0c/me_and_my_fellow_soldiers_coming_home_from/

ObedientiaZelum said:
Why would someone wear a C-IED patch?

I deployed over in Apr 11 and came home in Dec 11; the BG pers roto'd out at the end of the combat mission in Jun/Jul and the CIED pers all wore their CIED patches. That and the pic itself are legit and is taken of troops heading out at the end of the combat mission in 2011.

This latest asshole highjacked a 2011 legit pic, posted it on reddit and is claiming that it is a pic of him just coming out of theatre recently.

The pers in the picture is on course with me right now, and as ArmyVern said it was not a new picture and he did not upload it. (But he was tormented all day over the picture :) )

dangerboy said:
The pers in the picture is on course with me right now, and as ArmyVern said it was not a new picture and he did not upload it. (But he was tormented all day over the picture :) )

Tell him that I wouldn't torment him as he looks like a fellow ginger. If he's actually blond --- it's open season. Just sayin'.

dangerboy said:

"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed."  ;D

Mark Twain

Real Army Ranger Confronts Fake Ranger on the Street and the Result is Epic

Read more at http://www.surenews.com/cool/real-army-ranger-confronts-fake-ranger-on-the-street-and-the-result-is-epic.htm#HLLPdyXPLZ8doc3Z.99

But why didn't they kill and eat him?  ;D

This was on my FB, an associated story has it Campus Police arrested the real Ranger, for causing a disturbance, listening to some of the clowns chirping in the background trying to defend the walt...not surprised.

Back