• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

dapaterson said:
Mere rock musicians.  They can never match the awesomeness of The Brockville Rifles!

Yep.  Plus they have a permanent show in Brockvegas.

Halifax Tar said:
How come no one ever walts as a Supply Tech ? 
Back when movies first had sound and weren't black & white....

....there was a film set in WW2 called "Baby Blue Marine" (the colour clothes the USMC provided to recruit washouts to go home) staring Jan Michael Vincent with a brief appearance by an unknown Richard Gere. Gere plays the Marine Raider who's traumatised by the war and mugs Vincent for his blue denims, leaving him with the war hero uniform.  As Vincent is sorting things out, a diner waitress falls in love (naturally), but there's a recurring character who keeps showing up to tell her all the hazardous trades he's enlisting for, to impress her.  He covers everything from B-17 tail gunner to tank gunner in North Africa

......but no Bin Rat, even back then.  ;)

Kirsten Luomala said:
Because most of the posts asking for his unit, years served ect mysteriously disappear.  MM who's real I'd I know did post similar to mine and within 30 mins it was taken down.  Now there are quite a few posts asking the same questions and he is having trouble keeping up.  Clint Hardman (I doubt his real name). Is a scam artist and is using fake service in the military to gain sympathy for this latest endeavor.

He deserves to be outed

My bad, I thought you were referring to this page.

Carry on.

Halifax Tar said:
The Brockville Rifles are super secret nijas thats why! ;)

At least we had one Walt who actually was RWR, and told his dad he was on the RCMP sniper course.  ???

In reality, or so the story goes, he was a dancer in a club downtown.

I met him once and that was enough.....

Jim Seggie said:
At least we had one Walt who actually was RWR, and told his dad he was on the RCMP sniper course.  ???

In reality, or so the story goes, he was a dancer in a club downtown.

I met him once and that was enough.....

What were you doing checking out the dancers at a club downtown?

Jim Seggie said:
Purely scientific research.

Hey he had some pretty good moves!  ;)
Not that there's anything wrong with that ....

Looks like we forced Clint Hardman to take down the donation page he started, for himself, under an alias.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/HMM/204751683051210?filter=1

Either that or he blocked me. I don't know that much about Facebook to tell. :blotto:

recceguy said:
Looks like we forced Clint Hardman to take down the donation page he started, for himself, under an alias.

Either that or he blocked me. I don't know that much about Facebook to tell. :blotto:

Page is there but seems to wiped clean...

recceguy said:

Not too sure if it was a "we".. if you read the calgarypuck forums thread they got on him pretty rough as well to the point that he came in as another person and started to lose his shit.

In any case, another poseur put to rest for now.

Well after getting no responses to my questions and seeing no response to anyone else's, plus the fact they those responses questioning his military service seemed to always disappear I decided to report the page to who every it is in Facebook one reports this to.  ID it as a scammer/ spam option  and low and behold it disappeared. 

Facebook takes violations to their rules pretty seriously.  A while ago I reported something on there and they got back to me and said it didn't violate their policy. A month later I got another message from their staff telling me upon further review the issue was deemed in violation and the page removed.

Reporting this guy may only result in his page being removed but that would also result in saving someone $ from donating to his scam.

I also have to wonder if his other donation page is registered as a charity, and if not does he report the income to CRA? Perhaps a little nudge in their direction?

Jim Seggie said:
You are so right. He sounds like he's got border line personality issues.

That asshat at best has antisocial personality disorder +/- a delusional disorder. 

MM

"Captain" Carl Dale is really getting attention, now internationally:  http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=39516

We need a clause in the Defense Act that people impersonating military personal for personal gain can be automatically inducted into the military and posted anywhere and with any other foreign allied military within 24hrs. Of course being Canadian we will allow an appeal which can be started after being posted. Imagine a FOB in Afghanistan full of these guys....

Colin P said:
We need a clause in the Defense Act that people impersonating military personal for personal gain can be automatically inducted into the military and posted anywhere and with any other foreign allied military within 24hrs. Of course being Canadian we will allow an appeal which can be started after being posted. Imagine a FOB in Afghanistan full of these guys....

Why!....We would have beat the Taliban and Al-Qaeda years ago and brought Western Democracy to Afghanistan with $11/hr minimum wages........Why didn't we think of that before?

>:D

Did I go a bit too far there?

Back