• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Can we start a 6CBG fan page?  :D

Man, these guys must be rich and not have a girlfriends, wives, kids or real responsibilities to spend their extra money and apparently loads of free time "soldiering" or should I say "airsofting"

I would lighten up on 6CBG alot if they ditched their CF uniforms and stop wearing rank and insignia. I got no bones with sport airsoft dudes that wear non uniform fatigues and their own personal kit (I mean the LBV of all things? Robo gayness)

ArmyRick said:
I would lighten up on 6CBG alot if they ditched their CF uniforms and stop wearing rank and insignia. I got no bones with sport airsoft dudes that wear non uniform fatigues and their own personal kit (I mean the LBV of all things? Robo gayness)

It would also help if they didn't try to state publicly that they would do better than the CF in terms of tactics and execution.

RDJP said:
It would also help if they didn't try to state publicly that they would do better than the CF in terms of tactics and execution.

Do you have a link to that? I'm curious about the context they said it in.

Am I the only person who finds this whole thing rather sad? Is there not something strange about grown men "playing soldier?"

E.R. Campbell said:
Am I the only person who finds this whole thing rather sad? Is there not something strange about grown men "playing soldier?"

Its the same as LARPing, though I am sure they don't see it that way. Though I agree that it is odd, I don't believe that anyone elses opinion of what is socially acceptable (within the law) should have any effect on what you find enjoyable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_action_role-playing_game

E.R. Campbell said:

All the fun and none of the responsibility or hardships.  I don't see it any different from civil war reenactors, WW2 reenactors, medieval times reenactors.

With modern day "milsim" there seems to be a penchant for role creep or taking the fantasy of reenactment too far and starting to believe one is an operator or "can do it better".

But Hey!! It's great training should we get invaded........

Sythen said:
Its the same as LARPing, though I am sure they don't see it that way. Though I agree that it is odd, I don't believe that anyone elses opinion of what is socially acceptable (within the law) should have any effect on what you find enjoyable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_action_role-playing_game

Tanks for that link ... I guess. LARPing is something else about which I was blissfully ignorant; I'm not sure knowing about it makes me any happier.

E.R. Campbell said:
Tanks for that link ... I guess. LARPing is something else about which I was blissfully ignorant; I'm not sure knowing about it makes me any happier.

Whatever you do, don't Google "cosplay".......

CDN Aviator said:
Whatever you do, don't Google "cosplay".......

demotivational-posters-cosplay.jpg

demotivational-posters-cosplay1.jpg

4946606963_885b529e99.jpg

You know when you say don't google "cosplay", like a five year old i can't resist, now I will google it....Why do you do this to us obsolete children?

ArmyRick said:
You know when you say don't google "cosplay", like a five year old i can't resist, now I will google it....Why do you do this to us obsolete children?

It amuses me.

http://www.jessicanigriofficial.com/

E.R. Campbell said:

I don't know, reserve week end exercises are not that far off from LARPing when you don't have any blanks/pyro. They only difference is that we (mostly) don't pay for our gear and get paid to attend.

OK, OK, I surrender ...
... and I don't feel so bad for the people in 6CBG anymore, not after this:

terrible-tomb-raider-cosplay.jpg

Just curious. One of the 6 CBG posters mentioned that this guy was working with cadets. To work with any youth group, including cadets, don't you have to go through a background check?

ObedientiaZelum said:
Do you have a link to that? I'm curious about the context they said it in.

They said something similar to that at the end of the very first video linked.  I probably stated it wrong - couldn't be bothered, and quite frankly they're not worth it, to go back and watch it again to quite it verbatim.

Back