• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

SupersonicMax said:
Just for giggles, I challenged the exam and got 9/10, so this course could be a 5 minute venture if you so desire.

Any rumours that the answers may have been written down and handed around to save follow on people the ass-pain this stupidity is are just that...rumours and lies!!

I did this while away from my postal code...the results included one crew member deciding they would self-identify as an attach helicopter, complete with chopper noises on their phone as he walked around and random rotor-spinning.  So..it wasn't a complete waste of time.

I did the GBA+ trg, and you know what, if you took the time to read the material and think about what the point they were trying to get across was, it wasn't bad information. The problem the trg has is everyone reads the title and assumes it has something to do with deciding which toilet to go to, when it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with where the toilet should be, how many are required, and what size the stalls should be. Well, actually, its about just thinking about that stuff, to see if a hole in the ground meets everyone's needs, and if not, how to mitigate the fact that's all there was money/time/desire to build.

captloadie said:
........ Well, actually, its about just thinking about that stuff, to see if a hole in the ground meets everyone's needs, and if not, how to mitigate the fact that's all there was money/time/desire to build.

Ummmm!  Where have you been?  The ENVIRONMENTALISTS did that in years ago in the 1980's.  We are no longer permitted to dig holes in the ground for ablutions........We have plan ahead and rent PortaPotties and then place them strategically around the Training Area giving away the location of many a Hide, Harbour, and other Tactical positions...... >:D

:warstory:

captloadie said:
It has to do with where the toilet should be, how many are required, and what size the stalls should be. Well, actually, its about just thinking about that stuff, to see if a hole in the ground meets everyone's needs, and if not, how to mitigate the fact that's all there was money/time/desire to build.

So nothing to do with operational effectiveness, gotcha.

From my perspective, the *toilet* part of your assessment of the trg is accurate.  I am not the only person who saw this as mambi-pambi PC BS.  Xs and Os, version 2.1. 

Some here know this guy.

UPDATE

Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.

Soldier who wore medals he didn't earn loses one he earned
The Canadian Press
Published Friday, March 24, 2017 3:49PM EDT

OTTAWA -- The Governor General's office says a retired soldier who was court-martialled for wearing Afghanistan and Somalia medals and parachute wings he wasn't entitled to at a Remembrance Day ceremony has lost his membership in the Order of Military Merit.

Richard Fancy was a member of the regular forces between 1984 and 2010, when he joined the reserves with the Halifax Rifles.

He became a master warrant officer in the regiment and received the Order of Military Merit in October 2014, a month before the Remembrance Day incident in Halifax.

In May 2016, Fancy pleaded guilty at a court martial to three counts of conduct to the prejudice of good order and discipline and was reduced in rank to warrant officer and fined $300.

The decorations he wore improperly credited him with service in Somalia and Afghanistan and with being a paratrooper.

Membership in the Order of Military Merit recognizes exceptional service or performance of duty, but can be stripped from a recipient by an order of the Governor General.

At the court martial, military judge Col. Mario Dutil wrote that the circumstances of the case demonstrated "a lack of integrity and respect for the profound meaning of medals and decorations for the Canadian Armed Forces and for those who have gained the right to wear them."
He said the fact that Fancy held a senior leadership position at the time was an aggravating factor.

However, the judge added that Fancy admitted guilt and had an otherwise clean record.

More on LINK.

Commander-in-Chief's version ...
Today, the Canada Gazette published a notice advising that the appointment of Warrant Officer Richard Fancy, C.D. (Ret'd) to the Order of Military Merit was terminated on March 3, 2017.

According to paragraph 25 (1)(c) of the Constitution of the Order of Military Merit, a person's membership in the Order ceases when the Governor General makes an ordinance terminating the person's appointment to the Order.

The termination of Warrant Officer (Ret'd) Fancy's appointment to the Order of Military Merit is related to military disciplinary action. He was appointed as a Member of the Order on October 10, 2014.

Two entrys in Canada's history via the Canada Gazette. I wonder if they formally demand his MMM and scroll back?

Rifleman62 said:
Two entrys in Canada's history via the Canada Gazette. I wonder if they formally demand his MMM and scroll back?

From the Constitution of the Order
https://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=15086&lan=eng
24. (1) Except as may otherwise be provided by ordinance, the insignia of the Order shall remain the property of the Order.

(2) Any Commander, Officer or Member, extraordinary Commander, Officer or Member, or honorary Commander, Officer or Member of the Order who resigns or whose appointment is terminated shall return their insignia to the Secretary General.

TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP

25. (1) A person’s membership in the Order ceases when

(a) the person dies;

(b) the Governor General accepts the person resignation from the Order, which resignation shall have been made in writing and given to the Secretary General; or

(c) the Governor General makes an ordinance terminating the person’s appointment to the Order.

(2) An ordinance terminating an appointment to the Order shall take effect on the day on which it is sealed with the Seal of the Order.

Insignia of Orders are actually recycled in that ones that are returned are re-issued to a future inductee.  Although all insignia remain the property of their respective Orders, the Chancellery does not recover the insignia of deceased members, so there is not a lot of recycling, but it does happen.  The most common recycled insignia are those returned when a member is promoted within the Order (e.g. a member promoted to CMM, has to return his/her OMM).  This is why the insignia are serial-numbered vice engraved with the member's name.

And this one from Quebec (Google English below - original in French here):
The president of the Quebec branch of the Royal Canadian Legion, Claude Racine, resigned Tuesday. A few days earlier, the veteran had to apologize for wearing a military medal to which he was not entitled.

Mr. Racine made a name for himself in early April by denouncing in Le Soleil the lack of activities held in Québec City in connection with the centenary of the Battle of Vimy. He took the opportunity to criticize the lack of support of the mayor and the veterans for the military. "I have no support, the veterans are sleeping on gas," he regretted publicly, embarrassed by the membership of fewer than 400 members of the subsidiary 265 Charles Forbes, which covers the territory of Quebec City.

The first vice-president of the Royal Canadian Legion's Provincial Command announced his resignation on Facebook tonight. "I did everything to help (sic) and make you understand the urgency of the need for our Legion. I'm really tired of fighting for nothing. So I leave everything, "wrote Mr. Racine.

"I'm sickened. I see that it will not change veterans in Quebec, "he said in a telephone interview with the Sun on Thursday.

The man had taken command of the subsidiary in 2013 after being placed under guardianship. Former administrators suspected of embezzlement have since received a letter of apology. The president had recently agreed to take another term for lack of relief.

Claude Racine insists that the medal affair "has no relation", that it is a threat of legal prosecution between members that has spilled the vase.

On Sunday, he apologized for "illegally" wearing a military medal. He was reacting to the publication of photos of his coat of arms on the Facebook page of Stolen Valor Canada, an organization that lists the cases of soldiers carrying unworthy medals, a gesture ultimately punishable by a criminal charge. Such a denunciation site also exists in the United States.

"In the case of Mr. Racine, we received a number of complaints about a medal he was wearing. Our investigation supported the allegations and Mr. Racine sent us a voluntary admission. It was one of the least complex investigations we have done and his willingness to quickly admit his mistake gives him a certain respect for the veterans community, "said one site administrator who wished to remain anonymous.

Special Service Medal

The problematic medal is that of the special service, whose ribbon is green bordered with white and red. According to Veterans Affairs Canada, it is used to "recognize members of the Canadian Forces who have participated in activities or operations in exceptional circumstances".

"I was deceived by people who told me that I could wear it (sic). Yes I served in Germany. But only 90 days. And to be eligible for the mss is 180 days, "explained the ex-military in his word of apology. This decoration had been given to him by another veteran and not at an official ceremony, he told the Sun ...

Didn't know where to post this.

An artist in NS created these as part of a protest of the Canada 150 celebrations.

I for one find it offensive and disrespectful of the veterans of this country.

Could this fall under article 419 of the criminal code?

Attachments

• IMG_2590.PNG
    IMG_2590.PNG
    120.3 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_2592.PNG
    IMG_2592.PNG
    71.8 KB · Views: 381
Downhiller229 said:
Didn't know where to post this.

An artist in NS created these as part of a protest of the Canada 150 celebrations.

I for one find it offensive and disrespectful of the veterans of this country.

Could this fall under article 419 of the criminal code?

No, this one falls under 'suck it up, we live in a free country".

Arguably - potentially - if the person were to actually wear this publicly and they were not entitled to the medals, then that *could* fall under 419, but I doubt you'd ever see charges laid. The context very clearly makes it an act of protest/expression, and the public interest would likely not be served by laying charges unless the person were wearing them in order to perpetrate a fraud. There's a strongly competing Charter right to political expression at play that would make any prosecutor or competent investigator leery.

Cool, was just wondering if that fell under the same category as desecrating the flag or something.

I'm usually proud of the right we have in this country to protest whatever we want, however this one struck a cord for some reason.

Downhiller229 said:
Cool, was just wondering if that fell under the same category as desecrating the flag or something.

I'm usually proud of the right we have in this country to protest whatever we want, however this one struck a cord for some reason.

I hear you. But desecrating the flag is also not illegal. Just distasteful and offensive.

The medals are a photocopy.  This tantrum ad nauseum from the 1% folks is getting tiresome.  :boring:

jollyjacktar said:
The medals are a photocopy.  This tantrum ad nauseum from the 1% folks is getting tiresome.  :boring:

LOL, I didn't even catch that, but yes, they appear to be. In that case scratch what I said about breaking the law by wearing them. You would just look like a doofus.

Back