• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Oh dear God, the Walts are fighting back! Whatever shall we do???

Poor Tom, or Clint, or whomever this really is......

Staff Weenie said:
Oh dear God, the Walts are fighting back! Whatever shall we do???
We have one person saying he's "certain" and several calling BS (on several different sites, according to the links).  It seems pretty obvious that in a society increasingly catering to the lowest common denominator, we should stop demanding honesty and proof and apologize for our insensitivity.    :'(

Tommy said:
What's sad is how on the CF Facebook page the number of idiots actually DEFENDING this clown for LYING about his service.....
Do you have a link to the CF facebook page?

Jarnhamar said:
What he is doing, Tom B, is making it considerably harder for soldiers and vets with PTSD, or possibly with PTSD to come forward with their ailment.  People will suffer in silence, or worse, because they don't want to be associated with this asshole.

Ahhh, different dog, different fight.  Tom's 'friend' is not the guy with the fake jump wings.

[quote author=Strike]
Ahhh, different dog, different fight.  Tom's 'friend' is not the guy with the fake jump wings.
[/quote]
Ah my mistake thanks for catching that. It's hard to keep up with the fakers.

Jarnhamar - even with Lord (MCpl) Byron, he would have a hard time claiming OSI/PTSD for wearing of extra bling.  As I mentioned, he's been doing these things since the mid 1990's - well before he ever deployed.....

Teager said:
What's worse is that his "stories" have been captured for future generations to hear and even end up at a museum.

- See more at: http://www.newsoptimist.ca/news/local-news/veterans-voices-of-canada-in-town-for-more-stories-from-veterans-1.1559088#sthash.tD1LpQYe.dpuf

apparently self promoted as well and just what is a "Major Corporal"  ::)

It's a step up from Master Private.....

That part didn't bother me - the press always gets our ranks wrong, and Lord B does have an accent that may have led to the reporter not hearing it properly.

Staff Weenie said:
Jarnhamar - even with Lord (MCpl) Byron, he would have a hard time claiming OSI/PTSD for wearing of extra bling.  As I mentioned, he's been doing these things since the mid 1990's - well before he ever deployed.....

So, why was he never charged for it then?

That's a great question! And I don't have an answer, though one could guess that the 'work' involved served as a deterrence to doing it.

Staff Weenie said:
That's a great question! And I don't have an answer, though one could guess that the 'work' involved served as a deterrence to doing it.

Obviously, that didn't work.

If he's gotten away with this while serving, that's a failure of the leadership.

NFLD Sapper said:
Maybe it's related to the corporal captain  ;D

I'll have you know I retired a Brigadier Corporal.

Danjanou said:
apparently self promoted as well and just what is a "Major Corporal"  ::)
I worked for a MCPL Major, once - and that really was his name.

milnews.ca said:
I worked for a MCPL Major, once - and that really was his name.

We had a QM Sgt by the name of Major.  Always hilarious on parade when the OC called out for the "Sergeant Major!" and two voices answered.

When my father was a Pay Clerk in the old RCAF, he was conducting Pay Parade and did not look up from the pay sheet when the next person came up for their pay:

Cpl Pay Clerk: "Name?"
airman in line: "Sergeant."
Cpl Pay Clerk looks up to see a Sergeant: "What is your name Sergeant?"
Sergeant: "Sergeant.    Sergeant Sergeant. "

cupper said:
And here I thought Catch-22 was a work of fiction. ;)

Well, I did work for a Lt Major who rebadged to Padre.  I'm guessing he eventually became Major Major... :)

Back