• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Had a little bastard just miss my head with a stone when I was on a recovery trip to the CMO jobsite outside of DDC.  They do have good aim.

Why stop at a few medals?  Chuck up a Pathfinder badge, some pilot wings, a sea service badge...what else would look sharp?

::)

PuckChaser said:
Can he confirm whether he has ever been to Cyprus to earn the UNICYP medal? That'd be the nail in the coffin to call the RCMP on this clown.

A copy of his MPPR would suffice, if anyone were to ask him for it.....  >:D

Eye In The Sky said:
Why stop at a few medals?  Chuck up a Pathfinder badge, some pilot wings, a sea service badge...what else would look sharp?

::)

He couldn't find a RANGER tab.

RANGER always looks swept up with white jump wings and the Pathfinder torch!  I guess people didn't learn from this douche bag.

franck-gervais.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Walting is one of the times it is recommended you let 'er pound, don't hold back...go full retard!

Ref: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/N7

How about claiming to an N7?  Mass effect game - Commander Sheppard.  I've never played the game (I'm still the stone tablet and chisel type) but my son tells me that this is the highest proficiency level for the special forces.  My apologies to the gamers out there if I got this wrong.

I thought I read he was a Lab Tech. Yet he claims he has inserted chest tubes and performed an emergency tracheotomy. That would be invasive surgery. Would a lab tech be allowed to do that?

He also did not command a QRF. Maybe a call sign in the QRF, but not commanding the QRF. Not as a MCpl Lab Tech.

It looks like he tried to hide the two new medals with his hand while pointing at his single tour Afghan bar. Fail.

Time for the MPs or local LEOs to check out his bonafides.

Are there Med Lab Techs in the Militia? I thought that there were only Physicians, Nurses and Med As.

He has also been told he's not eligible to work in a medical lab because he was exposed to health hazards among the Taliban.

FFS, I guess I should quit my job then.

NFLD Sapper said:
According to the recruiting site...not avail part-time....

But that doesn't mean he didn't serve as a MedA. He would not have been unique in that.

ModlrMike said:
But that doesn't mean he didn't serve as a MedA. He would not have been unique in that.

Wan't debating that just that Lab Tech does not exist as a hard trade in the PRes...

He has also been told he's not eligible to work in a medical lab because he was exposed to health hazards among the Taliban

It would be interesting to find out who told him he couldn't work in med labs. I would say that would probably have to have come from Health Canada, which I doubt it did. Sounds like a self diagnosed condition to me.

Working among the Taliban? Really?

recceguy said:
Working among the Taliban? Really?
You could also take this ...
... exposed to health hazards among the Taliban ...
... in a very ... naughty way?  >:D
goat.jpg

You guys are such a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad influence on me ...

Happy Guy said:
Are there Med Lab Techs in the Militia? I thought that there were only Physicians, Nurses and Med As.

We have positions for 10 MLab Techs in the CF H Svcs Gp.  All in 1 Canadian Field Hospital on the Primary Reserve List. All are ex-Regular Force MLab Techs (1 x WO, 3 x Sgt, 6 x MCpl). Currently I think only 20-30% of the positions are filled, when I checked a few months ago. 

I think he is / was a civilian lab tech and a Med A in the Res F. 

MC

recceguy said:
I thought I read he was a Lab Tech. Yet he claims he has inserted chest tubes and performed an emergency tracheotomy. That would be invasive surgery. Would a lab tech be allowed to do that?

It is not in the Scope of Practice for a CAF Medical Laboratory Technologist to insert a chest tube or do an emergency tracheotomy.

It is not in a Med Tech Scope of Practice to insert a chest tube or do an emergency tracheotomy, unless they are qualified and employed as a Special Operations Medical Technician.

A Med A is not authorized any surgical airway interventions. A QL4 Med A can do a needle decompression on operations if required. 

A QL5A Med Tech can do a cricothyroidotomy +/- transtracheal block on operations if required and a needle decompression in any  prehospital environment (including outside of operations) if required.

I hope that helps clear up scope of practice.

MC

MedCorps said:
A QL4 Med A can do a needle decompression on operations if required. 

So the instructors were just kidding us on TCCC when they noted that we could jam a Bic pen into the lung and remove the insert to relieve a pneumothorax?  ???

[/sorry, back to the thread...]

This guy is a Walt Until Proben Otherwise. He needs to provide proof of his claims or be posed as a fraud.

ArmyDoc said:
This guy is a Walt Until Proben Otherwise. He needs to provide proof of his claims or be posed as a fraud.

Innocent until proven guilty, but there is a lot of stuff that screams "Walt" to me.

Why does no one ever Walt about spending 25 years in NDHQ in staff positions of ever increasing irrelevance?  The community is so large that one more person pretending to be from there would never be noticed.

Back