• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting on medical file (Archived in Ottawa) for rejoining the CF.

sksteve

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking for CF member and recruit experiences in regards to their wait times for archived medical files when rejoining.

Was a member of CF back in 2010 (Over 7 years out now) and wanting to rejoin Reg. Forces once again.  My recruit application is currently at a stand still while waiting on my previous medical file, which is archived in Ottawa. ( FYI "Previous medical history is clean and never had any issues")

Recruit center has confirmed my VFS already and will book my medical + interview once the medical is in. Ottawa Archives (Canadian Forces) indicated a 30 day turn around time for the request but wanted to see on a personal level what your wait times happen to be.

Looking forward to getting back into uniform and retiring as a CF member 20+ years from now.

Thanks for any input and advice. All the best 

sksteve said:
Looking for CF member and recruit experiences in regards to their wait times for archived medical files when rejoining.

"Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread" "medical"
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+archived+medical+files&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=xZW0WOTDMuiM8QfihZ-4Dg&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+%22Getting+Back+In%2FRe-enrolling+Mega+Thread%22+%22medical%22&*

sksteve said:
Was a member of CF back in 2010 (Over 7 years out now) and wanting to rejoin Reg. Forces once again. 

sksteve said:
Looking forward to getting back into uniform and retiring as a CF member 20+ years from now.

Your post / profile does not indicate how long you served in the Regular Force, but you may wish to confirm "retiring as a CF member 20+ years from now" with Recruiting.

Was implying looking forward to getting back into the Canadian Forces and having a long career within it.

Thanks for the response and all the best.

sksteve said:
Thanks for the response and all the best.

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

See also,

Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread
sksteve said:

Was a member of CF back in 2010 (Over 7 years out now) and wanting to rejoin Reg. Forces once again.  My recruit application is currently at a stand still while waiting on my previous medical file, which is archived in Ottawa. ( FYI "Previous medical history is clean and never had any issues")

Recruit center has confirmed my VFS already and will book my medical + interview once the medical is in. Ottawa Archives (Canadian Forces) indicated a 30 day turn around time for the request but wanted to see on a personal level what your wait times happen to be.

Thanks for any input and advice. All the best

My medical info was also archived in Ottawa, and the time from request to med appointment was about a month. Mind you, that may have been because of the Christmas holidays.

Dj

Hopefully will be about a month for myself as well.  Thanks for sharing.

Back