• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VR while on Accommodation

WrenchBender

Inactive
Reaction score
Somewhat of a silly question, I am currently on an accommodation (expires 2011) and just received a significant job offer outside the military.
If I retire to take this position will me release article be 3b or 4a ?
I'm drafting my memo and want to use the correct ref.

WrenchBender

WrenchBender said:
Somewhat of a silly question, I am currently on an accommodation (expires 2011) and just received a significant job offer outside the military.
If I retire to take this position will me release article be 3b or 4a ?
I'm drafting my memo and want to use the correct ref.

It's a 3b medical release, regardless.

Somewhere, there should be a message sent to your unit from D MIL C indicating that you are to be released on such and such a date in 2011 under a 3b category.  If you check that message, I'm sure you'll find that message will contain a clause which states something to the effect of "Member is to be released on such and such a date 2011, or sooner should the member so desire".

Thanks Occam, so much paperwork received as part of the DMCARM package it kind of overwhlems.

WrenchBender

You're welcome.  I know folks who have pulled the plug while awaiting the DMCARM decision, and were released under item 4a.  When the paperwork finally made its rounds (and it still continues after one is released), the release item is amended post-release to 3b if the medical condition justifies it.

Wrenchbender,
I would recommend that you get in contact with your case manager at the MIR caring for you.  They will ensure you get the right info in regards to releasing while on accomadation.  If you don't have a case manager then your mir should be able to get you in touch with one.  (I'm not sure what is at your location) Case managers take care of anyone on a PCat that is potentially getting released medically from the military.

They just asssigned me a new case worker, we finally have one in Calgary now. So I'll drop in to the Det and have a chat.

WrenchBender

Back