• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

OceanBonfire said:
https://ml-fd.caf-fac.ca/en/2019/05/28006

Does this mean that they’re going to start the selections April 30th? I was told I’d get a message by the end of March, as the dead line was March 1st, but have yet to hear anything.

I was told the same thing so I am hoping for the best.

BUT...I've come to learn that just because your told something doesn't mean it'll happen like that. Here's why I think April 30th is not a selection date...

Canforgen 055/19 was just released April 4, 2019 stating the campaign for VOT will be starting April 30th, 2019. Meaning applications can start being submitted. But the actual deadlines are quarterly (the next one being 28 JUN 19), and it states selections "will be made after the completion of each quarterly board". Therefore I would expect offers the be out in the July area.

Also, last years last deadline put offers out March past already so you wouldnt be in that category.

I submitted my VOT-U in January for the March selection, which for some reason did not happen yet. I know a few people who have been waiting for an offer as well. PSO office isn’t sure what’s going on either. So, if the March selection board didn’t happen yet, then who knows when the June one actually will.

Hali_13579 said:
I submitted my VOT-U in January for the March selection, which for some reason did not happen yet. I know a few people who have been waiting for an offer as well. PSO office isn’t sure what’s going on either. So, if the March selection board didn’t happen yet, then who knows when the June one actually will.

I'm in the exact situation. My application was submitted in January and first told I'd hear back March/april

Yeah? It’s been a little frustrating. If you hear anything please let me know! What trade are you and what trade are you going into? And what base? Just curious to know if we’re at the same base..

I'm in Esquimalt. Going into martech with a PLAR

How about you ?

Hali_13579 said:
Yeah? It’s been a little frustrating. If you hear anything please let me know! What trade are you and what trade are you going into? And what base? Just curious to know if we’re at the same base..

What trade and base are you?

Hey everyone I got my vot message end of March and now I'm waiting on my posting instructions.  Just wondering if anyone  has got there posting instructions for there VOT or is everyone still waiting like me.

Oneforall said:
Hey everyone I got my vot message end of March and now I'm waiting on my posting instructions.  Just wondering if anyone  has got there posting instructions for there VOT or is everyone still waiting like me.

It looks like people haven’t even received their VOT-U message yet....

Yeah I seen that I'm currently waiting for my VOT-T posting instructions I'm not sure if the system works differently for VOT-U.

Hali_13579 said:
It looks like people haven’t even received their VOT-U message yet....
Oneforall said:
Yeah I seen that I'm currently waiting for my VOT-T posting instructions I'm not sure if the system works differently for VOT-U.

I accepted my offer almost two weeks ago now but still haven't received a posting message or instructions. have you guys received anything yet?

Just as an update, Ive had 6 VOT U transfer instructions for folks that accepted offers back in march, show up today.
Keep an eye out, they didn't forget about you

Yup...as most people will just go to the BTL (no move required) on the generic APS date...don't sweat it.

Good day everyone,

I am currently an NCIOP in the naval reserves. I am QL3 / DP1 Qualified in my trade with 1.5 years in. I am considering transferring to the army reserves after my summer at CFB Halifax and had some questions.

1. Would I have to do BMQ again?

2. How long do transfers between different branches of the CAF take in the reserve world?

3. How long is the DP1 for the Gunners?

4. How long is DP1 for Combat Engineers?
- If done in parts how long is part one?

5. Is this process started via memorandum and if so what number do I use at the top?

Any additional information would be appreciated.

1. Would I have to do BMQ again?

Recruit school bypass 
https://navy.ca/forums/threads/28624.25

2. How long do transfers between different branches of the CAF take in the reserve world?

Transferring to another unit (RESERVE)
https://navy.ca/forums/threads/1865.100

Reserve to Reserve Component and Trade transfers are discussed here.

3. How long is the DP1 for the Gunners?

4. How long is DP1 for Combat Engineers?

Those trades have their own specific Q and A forums.

I'm kind of in a weird situation here where I have these questions, but I don't want to ask my CoC just yet because I don't want to ruin their opinion of me. I just joined as a Logistics Officer in the Air Force, finished BMOQ and currently posted to Winnipeg (BTL). I've had the chance to work in the Logistics field in the few weeks that I've been there and honestly, I find the job quite boring. My original first choice was Military Police Officer but decided to go with Logistics when I got my offer. Now, I'm kind of wishing I had waited for MPO.

With the new CANFORGEN for VOT for untrained members, would I be able to switch to MPO? And if so, how long would it take? In the time it takes to ask for a VOT, and if it is accepted, would I stay in Winnipeg or be posted back home in Ottawa?

Ignan081, for what it's worth, the CAF is not recruiting any MPOs for Fiscal Year 2020/2021. As well, typically if you occupation transfer before being qualified in your trade, it is a reduced list of trades that are available. Perhaps you should speak with someone at the BPSO's office.

That being said, if you're looking for more excitement, perhaps you should join as an army combat arms officer... I'm not sure if MPO is any more "exciting" than Airforce Logistics Officer.

Back