• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Visualizing the R&D Investment of the 10 Biggest Nasdaq Companies

Clearly Pepsi hasn’t added nanobots to its products….yet…

Interesting. For comparison DARPAs budget is approximately $4 Billion USD. DRDCs budget is approximately $335 Million Cdn.

Makes Apples R&D look huge let alone Amazons.

Clearly Pepsi hasn’t added nanobots to its products….yet…

And Pepsi is the only traditional name on that board. Which says what about traditional companies?

Back in the dark ages when aspiring to a second hand 57 Chevy my autobody teacher informed us that companies spent 1/3 of their revenues on materials, 1/3 on manufacturing and 1/3 on marketing. I still have difficulty convincing newbies that they need to spend that type of money on marketing if they want their business to succeed.

What Amazon and Co are saying is that the metric now is

1/4 on material
1/4 on manufacturing
1/4 on marketing
1/4 on innovation

Run faster.

For Pepsi there is limited room to manoeuvre in the R&D side, except for how they make their product. I would suggest that their marketing budget is significantly larger than the other 3 components, as the fight to convince the public that there is some real difference between Coke and Pepsi is critical to market share.

Back