• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Victory Motorcycles is closing down

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.motofire.com/2017/01/news/victory-motorcycles-is-closing-down/

Polaris pull the plug on the entire range of Victory Motorcycles and their operations.

Parent company Polaris – the same people who own Indian Motorcycles – have announced today that their cruiser brand, Victory, will no longer trade. The decision is effective immediately.

In a statement released today, the Chairman and CEO of Polaris, Scott Jones expressed his difficulty in making the decision to close the factory doors,
“This was an incredibly difficult decision for me, my team and the Polaris Board of Directors. Over the past 18 years, we have invested not only resources, but our hearts and souls, into forging the Victory Motorcycles brand, and we are exceptionally proud of what our team has accomplished. Since inception, our teams have designed and produced nearly 60 Victory models that have been honoured with 25 of the industry’s top awards. The experience, knowledge, infrastructure and capability we’ve built in those 18 years gave us the confidence to acquire and develop the Indian Motorcycle brand, so I would like to express my gratitude to everyone associated with Victory Motorcycles and celebrate your many contributions.”

When the purchase of Indian Motorcycles was made in 2011, many questioned the immediate future of Victory – with the two brands being seemingly close in alignment – and with the Indian Scout taking over the launch duties from what was due to be Victory’s new Octane motorcycle at the time, the positioning of Victory within the Polaris structure seemed even more doubtful over recent months.

“This decision will improve the profitability of Polaris and our global motorcycle business, and will materially improve our competitive stance in the industry” – Scott Wine

Polaris themselves quote several factors for their decision to close down the company, with ‘competitive pressures’, a struggle to establish market share and the performance and potential growth of Indian Motorcycles as the main causes of the closure.

Polaris have stated that they will continue to support the Victory machines already on the road by supplying dealers with parts for the next ten years.

Back