• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
My name is Robert. I am a resident of Kingston, ON and a recent graduate of the CFLRS Basic Military Qualification Course, for NCMs. My Platoon's ceremony was held on Feb 19th, 2015. Shortly after though, I handed in my VR and was liberated on March 11th, 2015. I was released under item 4C and was told that could not apply for the Reg Forces until; March 11th, 2016. I have come to regret this decision though and wish to return to the Reg Forces. I wanted to see if I could retract my VR and continue my training, but I understand if that is not an option. However, would it be possible to expedite my waiting period, so that I can rejoin sooner? I believe my negative mind set at the time of release, is what lead me to leave in the first place. I do not feel that way now, and I am determined  to make this happen. I will do whatever it takes, within reason, to achieve this goal. This means too much to me to just simply let it pass by.

As it stands, I will speak to anyone who can help with my situation. I was originally going in as a Artillery Soldier, and I would possibly like to get back in that trade again and continue with my QL3, which was to take place in Gagetown, NB. I have sent countless e-mails to the recruiting centre, CFLRS, Application management and most recently the Ombudsman Office. They suggested I write a letter to the CO of the recruiting centre, explaining my situation. He called me back and gave the same answer as everyone else. I'm finding this time in my life to be very difficult as I feel a bit ashamed of myself for being a burden to the Recruiting Officers and other members a-like. I realize that I only have to wait another 6 months, but then I think about the waiver I have to get, the interviews, the medical and overall waiting period. I've already been through it once and that was hard to tough it out. I know it's wishful thinking to think a miracle could happen, but this is bothering me too much. I could use some advice, if anyone has anything to offer?

Sorry.  Once you have Released, you can not undo it.  You have been given a timeline that you must follow in order to Reapply, and that is final. 

Gents, need an answer but don't have DWAN until later in the week.
What is the delta between BMQ and BMOQ?  (what mods, etc.)
Is that delta offered as a distinct course?
Who runs these? Local BSL, Div/region or national?
Would a reservist be able to jump into a reg BMOQ for that portion?

Discuss here or PM me.
Thanks in advance.

Frank

Well - I was successful in convincing the authorities that I am medically fit for service.

I have learned today that my PLAR has started.

Just waiting for the result of that, and clarification around the two security checks I was asked to do.

I will update everyone when I hear more.

Good Evening,

I am directing this question to the forums here since there are many experienced members and the point of contact for the unit I will be enrolling into is unavailable until mid-noon on Monday, whereas this may act a response more timely. Thank you  for your time in regarding my inquiry; my question is if my prior swearing in ceremony from 29AUG13 would over-ride the newest ceremony at a different unit, different occupation, on what's looking like 08OCT15. The reason I am curious is because I understand that there will be occasions where I will need to remember which date to put for documents such as initial enrollment paperwork, and I wouldn't want to put the wrong one. My new unit will be having a ceremony for me, but because my service number has carried over this whole time I am wondering if this new date (08OCT15) will be what I should go by from now on, or if 29AUG13 is the correct date of original hire?

I will likely double-check with the clerks for sure measure, but since this is on the tip of my mind right now, I thought I'd try my luck directing it to the forums here where it may be answered with good accuracy.

Thank you once more for your time,
Regards
JB 

I just received my offer to re-enroll and have a few questions;

Since I am coming back as a different trade and element (army dent tech to navy clerk) and getting RSBP. I'm guessing it would be more appropriate to report for duty in civvies than wearing what little kit I have left, ie my army CF's. I thought maybe wearing my 3Bs would be better so I can be in some form of uniform, but the more I think about it, it makes more sense to just wear civvies. What do you fine folks think?

Also, I need to release from the SuppRes before I can re-enroll on my swear-in date (19 Nov), but I wasn't given any direction on this and can't find much about the SuppRES. Help?

Thank you.

AFAIK, you aren't releasing from the SuppRes, you are transferring from the SuppRes to Reg Force(or PRes). Perhaps just send the SuppRes email account a message saying you will be transferring to the RegForce/PRes on 19 Nov.

Wear civilian dress until told otherwise/get your initial kit issue. Also, are you sure you are going to swear in or perhaps just do some paperwork? I would think the swear in you did when you first joined is still valid.

LightFighter said:
AFAIK, you aren't releasing from the SuppRes, you are transferring from the SuppRes to Reg Force(or PRes). Perhaps just send the SuppRes email account a message saying you will be transferring to the RegForce/PRes on 19 Nov.

Wear civilian dress until told otherwise/get your initial kit issue. Also, are you sure you are going to swear in or perhaps just do some paperwork? I would think the swear in you did when you first joined is still valid.

I'm just quoting what the clerk told me. Her words, "I cannot enroll you until you release from the SuppRes and provide me documentation as such"
And yes, second swearing in, she asked if I wanted the oath or affirmation. From what I gathered from reading the forum, that was the case.

I thought as much about the civvies, thank you.

holieee said:
I'm just quoting what the clerk told me. Her words, "I cannot enroll you until you release from the SuppRes and provide me documentation as such"
And yes, second swearing in, she asked if I wanted the oath or affirmation. From what I gathered from reading the forum, that was the case.

I thought as much about the civvies, thank you.

You are NOT being re-enrolled into the Regular Force.  You are actually doing a Component Transfer from the Supp Res to the Regular Force (DAOD 5002-3).  This is all completed by your CFRC and there is nothing for you to do!!!  Nevertheless, you might want to touch base with the Supp Res just to let them know that you have received an Offer of Employment for the Regular Force and provide them with the details.

Supp Res can be reached at 1-866-558-3566  (I think this is a good number to call!)

Editted. The CFRC figured it out.
Everything is in their hands.

Go figure.

Congrats holiee!  I'm in the process of re-enrolling myself. Just did the personality test and waiting. May I ask, when did you start the process and how long did it take?

Cheers

I applied PRes they day I got notification of my release. So, that was Jan 2015. My file was sent from CFRC Winnipeg to CFRC victoria because they still had it (they retain them for 3 years)... long story short, PRes didn't happen because I was tired of jumping through hoops and not getting anywhere after 5 months and then I decided to re-enroll RegF. My file being in Victoria saved a lot of time and just had to show the CFRC my release papers. All in all, from applying RegF 12 Jun 2015 to getting my offer 23 Oct 2015... a little over 4 months. Record time for me.

Thanks and Good luck!

Hello everyone, been a long time, I was pretty busy sorting everything out...

Finally I decided to weight in the pros and cons of my transfer over to Reg Forces.  Finally my decision was that I would release from the reserve , reapply in the reg forces for the trade that I really want to do.  I was offer a transfer to Transmission before my release but I did feel like it was going to be a bad choice.  So I decided to release this summer ( after my DP2 ) and well I signed all the papers and everything on October 17Th. 

As of now , I am currently waiting for my release to be totally cleared out at my local regiment , to reapply in the reg forces ASAP.

My main question is ... what is the waiting period before I reapply ???

Some people are saying you can reapply as soon as the release is cleared , some say 6 months , some say a year , some say 2 years , etc. etc. etc.
Every person I've spoke to had a different answer .... I will wait for the time that I need to , and I know it might take a while before I am allowed to join back in .... but if I can reapply next month , I don't want to wait 1 year just because someone told me to ....

If someone has any idea or any input on that , I would REALLY appreciate !!!

Thanks

I really don't understand what you are doing or have been doing for the past year. You seem to be doing things without thinking. It probably would of been a good idea to properly understand the procedure before releasing...

In any event on the options my CT broker proposed the option to release if I wanted to transfer into my desired trade because it was closed for the next 5 years for CT/OTs.

I was told the following

"2.      Release from the primary reserves entirely, then 6 months later, apply to the RegF through a recruiting centre. I don’t normally recommend this option because you’ll have to wait 6 months to even begin the application process, and there are absolutely no guarantees that you’ll be offered a job."

The reason you are being told different time frames is because there are different waiting periods associated with the conditions of your release.

However I would wait for an admin expert to confirm what I was told.

Edit: Grammar

runormal said:
I really don't understand what you are doing or have been doing for the past year. You seem to be doing things without thinking. It probably would of been a good idea to properly understand the procedure before releasing...

In any event on the options my CT broker proposed to option to release if I wanted to transfer  into my desired trade because it was closed for the next 5 years for CT/OTs.

I was told the following

"2.      Release from the primary reserves entirely, then 6 months later, apply to the RegF through a recruiting centre. I don’t normally recommend this option because you’ll have to wait 6 months to even begin the application process, and there are absolutely no guarantees that you’ll be offered a job."

The reason you are being told different time frames is because there are different waiting periods associated with the conditions of your release.

However I would wait for an admin expert to confirm what I was told.

When I first applied for my Transfer.

They gave me a 6 to 8 years waiting period ( my broker told me that by email , which I still have in my mailbox ).

She told me to look up for other trades that might be looking at right now , the only other trade that kind of interesting , was transmission.  I then changed my application for Transmission ( back in march / April ) I spent the whole summer with people that were doing their DP1 as transmission while I was doing my DP2 , so I was able to see what really the job was like and I really didn't look forward to it.

Instead of just selecting a job and hope that in some days I might be able to apply for something else , I decided that if I left the reserve and reapply it would be faster for me.

I'm not disputing that, all I'm saying is that in the future you should take the time to make sure you understand the whole process prior to committing. I don't doubt that releasing will be faster so best of luck whenever you get in. Good on you for making sure that you have the right trade.

Cheers :cheers:

JohnBent said:
Skilled applicants returning to (or wishing to return to the RCAF) in an Air Force managed occupation can contact us through our website.  We work individually with every applicant - if you are not eligible for re-enrolment we will let you know right away.

Let us try to help you renew your career in the RCAF!

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/en/re-enrollment.page?

For Info: This link is still good - the RCAF are still hiring skilled folks back into service.  Please contact us through our website.  We will answer questions with fact as quickly as possible. 

krimynal said:
As of now , I am currently waiting for my release to be totally cleared out at my local regiment , to reapply in the reg forces ASAP.

My main question is ... what is the waiting period before I reapply ???

It depends on two things.  Your Release Item and whether or not you reached OFP (ie; fully trained QL3/DP1) in your Reserve Force occupation.

DAA said:
It depends on two things.  Your Release Item and whether or not you reached OFP (ie; fully trained QL3/DP1) in your Reserve Force occupation.

I applied for a Voluntary Release ( I know its one that doesn't block me from reapplying )

And I was Fully Trained , DP2 Qualified , was going to get my Coporals right after the summer.

krimynal said:
I applied for a Voluntary Release ( I know its one that doesn't block me from reapplying )

And I was Fully Trained , DP2 Qualified , was going to get my Coporals right after the summer.

In which case, you can reapply online, 6 months after your effective date of release.  So you need to stay on top of your Reserve Unit's processing of the release paperwork and ensure it get's done!!!

Good luck!

Back